The Race Place

Ashes -Brissie

Maximus

Using external substances such as vaseline or sandpaper to shine the ball is illegal and so is using saliva mixed with sugar in the gum that the player is chewing on. Natural wear and tear are fine but deliberately using fingernails, shoe spikes, or trouser zip or scratching the ball on the hard surface to roughen it up considered illegal.

Many of the above and a few other techniques have been used over the years.  I guess the seriousness of any attempt comes down to pre-meditation.  Rubbing the ball over a button on the trousers that was already present, to rough up the surface is clearly illegal, but purposely sewing a button on a pair of trousers in a position that would facilitate that rubbing, is another step up, and akin to the sandpaper saga

On 12/12/2021 at 8:25 PM, Maximus said:

Smith knew about the sandpaper trick and DID NOTHING...except maybe hope and pray they didnt get caught

And because you now know about it and are totally offended , you take it out on me and Steve Smith.?

Such a minor thing Max. Ball Tampering happens EVERY match whether you like it or not. Pakistani's used to just use a bottle cap (which does more damage to ball than sand paper, there are many elaborate methods , none of which I invented so stop blaming me )

Most guys just use a sharp Thumb/finger nail . Happens Every match. Just because you just found it 2018 or whatever, everything is Wrong in Cricket ? get over it. 

Kiwis just as likely to of done something as well. And Yes yes yes !Rubbing a ball across your pants  IS Ball Tampering IMO.

You should see what some blokes Put in their Pants  to help with that hahahahaha fun and games Max !!! all in good spirit too. ! better than some sports lol.

didn't say everything is wrong in cricket

not taking it out on you either.

Artificial application of anything to the ball is against the rules and Smith condoned the cheating action led by the coawrd Warner (who knew it was wrong so he got Cameron Bancroft to do his dirty work).

If one follows your argument to its logical conclusion, we may as well put a sand-blasting machine at the boundary's edge and let them polish it to their heart's content. Yep, it'd swerve alright.

Using vigorous rubbing of the ball on your whites, or perspiration or a fingernail is gamesmanship but not illegal. They key word is artificial. The other key phrase is 'against the spirit of the game', and your approach is to say 'everyone cheats so why pick on the poor Ozzie bleeders'.
I'm afraid the typical Australian approach to cricket (and probably most sports) over many decades is win at all costs; cheat if you want but don't get caught. The cricketing world should thank the Lord for guys like Brendon McCullum and Kane Williamson who have demonstrated to the world how to play the game - hard but fair. That's the true spirit of the game, not bringing the world down to the Australian level.

MM

PS: Australia thorougly deserved to win the First Test. Congratulations!

5 hours ago, Maximus said:

I'm afraid the typical Australian approach to cricket (and probably most sports) over many decades is win at all costs; cheat if you want but don't get caught. The cricketing world should thank the Lord for guys like Brendon McCullum and Kane Williamson who have demonstrated to the world how to play the game - hard but fair. That's the true spirit of the game, not bringing the world down to the Australian level.

A very racist approach mate. Australia performs well in a number of sports as does NZ. I enjoy my Harness racing, cricket and racing the most. 

Your comments here are very offensive and certainly AGAINST the SPIRIT of posting 'opinion' on Sport or just people in general.  quite appalling. 

For your information a lot of kiwis enjoy playing sport in Australia in the competitions , and living in Australia (ask PJW if you don't believe it)  as most posters would know. The countries are very close and similar. 

I'm proud to of lived in Both countries and am so glad that most folk don't Post stuff like this 'stuff' you've produced Max. 

What ? because of a few scratches on a cricket Ball ?? sing the anthem and cheer up for FS.

LB you appear to be on a different planet if you think the comments I made about Ozzie cricketers are 'racist'; they may be offensive (esp to the guilty parties who were so ashamed by their actions being caught on camera and publicly 'outed' that they had to have a cry when admitting their shame).

Perhaps you should look up the meaning of racism.

My future posts here about cricket will be about the Ashes series, not the continuation of a disagreement with you on the subject of cheating.

MM

Yeah really annoying it’s a day/ night match, the BBL is on hold for 4 days because of the test match, most purists would tell me the BBL is shit

But when a 110 million is matched on a 3 hour game as was the case last night it’s a trading opportunity not to be missed

1C0D404F-B725-448B-8E2E-C5FF60BABE7D.thumb.png.d12d7c8b7115bfeac77c0ffb0cd9ae49.png

Ashes yes

However BBL is in the DNA of the youth in today’s day and age, as is reality TV, crypto currency, shit music, cocaine and the likes, Covid had put the brakes on, they’re chomping at the bit with the relaxation of Covid, however the estimated 25,000 positive cases per day by the end of January that they are predicting will be interesting, once players start testing positive will sport be in jeopardy again, enjoy the Ashes for now

22 minutes ago, VC! said:

Ashes yes

However BBL is in the DNA of the youth in today’s day and age, as is reality TV, crypto currency, shit music, cocaine and the likes, Covid had put the brakes on, they’re chomping at the bit with the relaxation of Covid, however the estimated 25,000 positive cases per day by the end of January that they are predicting will be interesting, once players start testing positive will sport be in jeopardy again, enjoy the Ashes for now

Do you have a prediction for the 2nd test Ian, also Lightning Blue, also Maxi.

Let's hear your predictions, you are all keen students of the game

1 hour ago, Hesi said:

Second test starts at Adelaide in 8 hours, a pink ball/black seam day nighter.  Let's hope it is more of a contest

Predictions

Starc will take a 5 for in either the first or second innings

Root will score a century in either innings, probably the first

I reckon you're just guessing Hesi ...educated guesses p'raps on Root (nearing the record for most runs in a calendar year). The Pommie batting lineup looks a tad brittle and Stokes is not match-fit; hopefully the knee problem is fixed and he's getting stronger not weaker. But the Ozzie record with the pink ball esp in Adelaide makes them overwhelming favourites to smack the English into the back of Alice Springs, probably in three days. England's best hope is that both Anderson and Broad have fire in the belly after missing selection at the Gabba.

MM

Edited by Maximus

So far then

Hesi - Starc to do a 5 for

Root to score a ton

Maxi - Aus in 3 days

Pete - An innings defeat Aus over England

Ian - James Anderson to be the leading English wicket taker

Any more, before the test starts, no Thomarses here please

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hesi said:

Do you have a prediction for the 2nd test Ian, also Lightning Blue, also Maxi.

Let's hear your predictions, you are all keen students of the game

Was a bit of a 'shocker' last year at Adelaide with the Pink Ball. India skittled for 36 must mean it (the ball or wicket) was doing some crazy things. 

Perhaps a similar result this year might be on the cards.? 

Tim Paine was Man of the Match last year with Top score . He is gone now though so that might change things , relieved of duty, due to something texted on on his phone to a girl somewhere ??  Must of had the other blokes scurrying for the delete button on their phones lol..... Have you heard of anything so trivial?

Shane Warne must be laughing hysterically somewhere saying "Just as well they didn't get hold of my Texts back in the day !!"  hahahaha

AUS
191 & 93-2
Series badgeWon toss. Elected to batIND
244 & 36
IND flag

2 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Was a bit of a 'shocker' last year at Adelaide with the Pink Ball. India skittled for 36 must mean it (the ball or wicket) was doing some crazy things. 

Tim Paine was Man of the Match last year with Top score . He is gone now though so that might change things , relieved of duty, due to something texted on on his phone to a girl somewhere ??  Must of had the other blokes scurrying for the delete button on their phones lol..... Have you heard of anything so trivial?

Shane Warne must be laughing hysterically somewhere saying "Just as well they didn't get hold of my Texts back in the day !!"  hahahaha

AUS
191 & 93-2
244 & 36
IND flag

As I understand it, the captain of the baggy greens holds more status in Aus, than Sco Mo.  If he was caught sexting a woman, he'd be gone too lol

8 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

AUS
191 & 93-2
244 & 36
IND flag

What is it with these guys? Michael Slater in the poo and checking into a mental health facility.

I've actually always liked him as a commentator but clearly has issues with the demon drink.

Hope he gets the help he needs.

3 minutes ago, pete said:

What is it with these guys? Michael Slater in the poo and checking into a mental health facility.

He (Slater) must of done something wrong to be claiming Mental Health issues. Stalking an ex I think it was. more crazy stuff.

And Stuart MacGill (Warneys old spin partner early this century)  did you guys see he was 'Kid-napped ' early this year. ? In Australia? thought they kept that sort of shit for Colombia and Central America regions lol. Fancy kid-napped in Australia.  What a crazy world. some sort of extortion attempt due to a drug deal gone bad.

As for Tim Paine. isn't it over-kill to dismiss the Baggie Green captain for private messages on his phone. ?? How did the Cricket Board get hold of them.?  tracking people or the girl must of let onmaybe?  I don't think someones 'private' relationship life is anything to do with cricket  and is poor IMO (to be chucked out for that)  Warney wasn't , but his missus chucked him out hahahaha.... Warney the Legend lol.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

He (Slater) must of done something wrong to be claiming Mental Health issues. Stalking an ex I think it was. more crazy stuff.

And Stuart MacGill (Warneys old spin partner early this century)  did you guys see he was 'Kid-napped ' early this year. ? In Australia? thought they kept that sort of shit for Colombia and Central America regions lol. Fancy kid-napped in Australia.  What a crazy world. some sort of extortion attempt due to a drug deal gone bad.

As for Tim Paine. isn't it over-kill to dismiss the Baggie Green captain for private messages on his phone. ?? How did the Cricket Board get hold of them.?  tracking people or the girl must of let onmaybe?  I don't think someones 'private' relationship life is anything to do with cricket  and is poor IMO (to be chucked out for that)  Warney wasn't , but his missus chucked him out hahahaha.... Warney the Legend lol.

I think I read Slats was phone stalking an ex while drunk after already having had a restraining order slapped on him.

Oh Lawdie Miss Clawdie.. one of Max's worst nightmares has come true...the pathetic Steve Smith is back in charge in Adelaide after Cummins sat too close to a Covid-afflicted diner in an Adelaide restaurant (prob one of those fancy jobs that purveys crocoshite soup LOL).

Oh well, Max will have to double down on the Pomeranians now, (though they should be at 30-1) ... it will be Justice Day in Tombstone when the Mother Country does the unthinkable and wins a pink ball test in the Land of the Bouncing Kangaroo and the Blind Platypus. If sush a joyful day doth arrive Mr Schmidt will no doubt have another cry-baby attack at the post-match conflab. Cant wait!

MM

Prediction (If England bats first): England 280 and 118/5 Australia 210 and 187

Prediction (If Australia bats first(: Australia 210 and 187; England 280 and 118/5