The Race Place

Minnow v TAB (Bonus Bets)

Rayzor

Received this email from the TAB this week....

Hi Raymond,

The TAB regularly reviews the betting activity of its customers. We have decided to remove your eligibility for TAB promotions.

Bets placed through your TAB account will no longer be eligible for TAB promotions (and you will not receive any free bets from TAB promotions). However, any bet you have placed before the time and date of this email will still be eligible for any relevant promotion.

This position may be revised if future reviews show a change in betting activity.

For the avoidance of doubt, this email constitutes the TAB withdrawing your eligibility to current promotions such as "Spring Loaded" and "TAB Try Time".

Everything else remains the same - your account will remain active for you to continue to enjoy.

Kind Regards,

TAB

I emailed the TAB back asking to clarify the type of betting activity that has to change for me to be eligible for future promotions. I've yet to receive a response.

Of course the TAB reserves the right to make anyone ineligible for any of its promotions at any time. But I'm curious to know why me?  

Yes I won plenty of bonus bets on the Cricket and Rugby World Cups but no doubt so would thousands of others. 

Which makes me wonder whether it was actually my betting strategy that incurred the wrath of the TAB. i.e. Using the Bonus Bets for Multi-Betting

Has anyone else here suffered a similar fate?

cheers
R

that makes me very angry. They encourage us to bet, but don't like it when we win.  If its the multi-bet strategy they're not happy with, all they have to do is exclude multis as an option for use of free bets. Very interested to know what response you get ...and if they dont give you a satisfactory one, let's get serious about taking them on over this. Keep us posted!\

MM

Mustelid on a bad day .jpg

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 1

Exactly. Maybe it takes a while to put through changes (or its expensive) so the TAB decided to take the easiest route. 

Its not like I started Multi-betting because of the bonus bets. Its been my betting method of choice for a while so it should have come as no surprise to the TAB that I would use my free bets on them.

Anyway I'll post any response that I get. 

Will be using up the last of my freebets today. All on multi-bets of course!

cheers
R

• 3 months later...

Hi Rayzor. Have you had any response from TAB? I got the same email a few weeks back after a few big multi wins from freebets. Was a bit mad to say the least.

Also, have you found a way around it? I’ve been thinking of borrowing someone else’s account, or trying to close my account and re-open it after I use the last of my freebets.

Cheers

On 10/19/2019 at 11:49 AM, Rayzor said:

Exactly. Maybe it takes a while to put through changes (or its expensive) so the TAB decided to take the easiest route. 

Its not like I started Multi-betting because of the bonus bets. Its been my betting method of choice for a while so it should have come as no surprise to the TAB that I would use my free bets on them.

Anyway I'll post any response that I get. 

Will be using up the last of my freebets today. All on multi-bets of course!

cheers
R

Surely a lot of  people would multi bet with them?

if you don’t mind me asking what sort of amount did you win from them?

2 hours ago, Turny said:

Www.tab.com.au

They're similar. They will restrict you if you win from them. I don't bet with them as about 5 years ago, they changed my ability to do so. They will honour the regulations as far as I know, but they are like the rest when it comes to fixed odds betting. 

I thought that is why they brought in the new website... so people couldn’t get bets on?
You almost have to take multis with the free bets as they take the initial stake from your winnings anyway and have so many conditions on them it is a bit of a mission to spend them. 
Anyone finds a better (not fair - any other would be) another place we can use easily, let us know. Like Sky TV, I have been itching to find an alternative for years.

14 hours ago, JustPlodded said:

I thought that is why they brought in the new website... so people couldn’t get bets on?
You almost have to take multis with the free bets as they take the initial stake from your winnings anyway and have so many conditions on them it is a bit of a mission to spend them. 
Anyone finds a better (not fair - any other would be) another place we can use easily, let us know. Like Sky TV, I have been itching to find an alternative for years.

It's fair that they take the stake away as they do that when you bet your own money as well. So if you are happy to put $30 on a horse paying $2.5 to win $45, that is the same as putting $30 bonus bet on a horse paying $2.5.

TABCORP is probably better. And if you do sufficient betting with them, you can get access to their APIs and do automated betting (if that's your go), allowing you to access odds as they change and place bets without having to use the usual interface.

I use betfair for that exact reason. Any odds I want, I can see in basically real time. nd can place bets without sitting in front of a computer. Betfair is OK, better for UK as liquidity is high there (500k - $1m per race). Oz has higher commission rates so you need to be aware of the charges (and even more charges if you are quite successful). NZ has very limited liquidity still, so if NZ is your main betting area, betfair is no more than a side option.

All of them become issues if you win consistently except betfair or the tote options. Betfair won't ban or restrict you for winning, they'll just take more money from you. The tote won't ban or restrict you either, but the pools are often the aspect that is highly restrictive along with the take out rates in use.

On 2/8/2020 at 7:26 PM, ScottB_NZ said:

Hi Rayzor. Have you had any response from TAB? I got the same email a few weeks back after a few big multi wins from freebets. Was a bit mad to say the least.

Also, have you found a way around it? I’ve been thinking of borrowing someone else’s account, or trying to close my account and re-open it after I use the last of my freebets.

Cheers

Hi ScottB_NZ,

No I didn't get a response from the TAB and I'm still ineligible for promotions. 

Not much I can do about it really other than to check out what other betting sites are offering. 

Still can't believe the TAB when down that path. But when all's said and done, I'm going to multi-bet, with or without bonus bets. 

cheers
R

• 2 years later...
On 10/18/2019 at 5:36 PM, Rayzor said:

Received this email from the TAB this week....

Hi Raymond,

The TAB regularly reviews the betting activity of its customers. We have decided to remove your eligibility for TAB promotions.

Bets placed through your TAB account will no longer be eligible for TAB promotions (and you will not receive any free bets from TAB promotions). However, any bet you have placed before the time and date of this email will still be eligible for any relevant promotion.

This position may be revised if future reviews show a change in betting activity.

For the avoidance of doubt, this email constitutes the TAB withdrawing your eligibility to current promotions such as "Spring Loaded" and "TAB Try Time".

Everything else remains the same - your account will remain active for you to continue to enjoy.

Kind Regards,

TAB

I emailed the TAB back asking to clarify the type of betting activity that has to change for me to be eligible for future promotions. I've yet to receive a response.

Of course the TAB reserves the right to make anyone ineligible for any of its promotions at any time. But I'm curious to know why me?  

Yes I won plenty of bonus bets on the Cricket and Rugby World Cups but no doubt so would thousands of others. 

Which makes me wonder whether it was actually my betting strategy that incurred the wrath of the TAB. i.e. Using the Bonus Bets for Multi-Betting

Has anyone else here suffered a similar fate?

cheers
R

Thanks for posting Raymond,

You have given me a bloody great idea in that in future I too will use my "bonus bets" for multi's rather than trying to "buy money" with poor odd.

Buller

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Buller Rep said:

Thanks for posting Raymond,

You have given me a bloody great idea in that in future I too will use my "bonus bets" for multi's rather than trying to "buy money" with poor odd.

Buller

Especially with the no deductions at the moment