The Race Place

Summer Super Draft Comp Results Thread

PWJ

9 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

I see the  meeting in my old stomping ground Port Macquarie has been abandoned. How is the rain affecting you out near Scone PJ. ? 

Very little here this week compared to the previous few but definitely a wet summer. Thunderstorms predicted for the rest of the week. I went to Sydney for the day last Monday and I think it was the only day for the past month they didn't have rain. Didn't stop a galah taking out one of my headights !! Slow-moving stupid pricks they are !

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, PWJ said:

Very little here this week compared to the previous few but definitely a wet summer. Thunderstorms predicted for the rest of the week. I went to Sydney for the day last Monday and I think it was the only day for the past month they didn't have rain. Didn't stop a galah taking out one of my headights !! Slow-moving stupid pricks they are !

I see the storm is heading South. Geeze its like poring a bucket of water on a billiard table in Queensland. Boy thats some flooding. 

1 hour ago, Globederby19 said:

I see the storm is heading South. Geeze its like poring a bucket of water on a billiard table in Queensland. Boy thats some flooding. 

And I have drawn you too Globe !!!   next weekend when you take on the Aybees. ...Lightning Strikes ????  lol...

No , actually after you demolished Pete, I think I'm in for a caning. I had Managed to pip PJ who got $400 in Round 1 , so will have to try and find that form again lol.....

1 hour ago, Gospel Of Judas said:

Just can't wait to weekend to see all these hopes and dreams fail. Going be more tears, than all water in Queensland floods.

Not you too !😉 already thumped 5-0 by your mob, the Surf and the Turf last weekend .🥲

'Off and Gone' out to repeat the dose?.

How far in front can they get ?? Gone a bit VO ROGUE (a Great QLDer) on the comp runners. 

On 2/28/2022 at 11:10 AM, JustPlodded said:

How about you score $47 this week and we will test that theory Max ?

mate Max has given several of his opponents a very low total to beat him ....but this weekend is Derby Day and Max usually rises to the big occasions ...(well, that's what Mrs W said recently so I'm just quoting her).

Who is my ill-fated opponent this Saturday? Constable Plod? LOL

Edited by Maximus

Round 8 - Saturday Mar 5

Race 1 - Ellerslie R2

1st - 8 Swords Drawn W-$12.30 

2nd - 5 Lincoln King Q-$54.10  

Scr: nil

1 MAX FACTORS (5th) 123.00

3 SURF N TURF* (2nd) 492.00

Punter Pete gets the Maxis underway and already leads Graeme but the Joker-playing Surf N Turf make a terrific start with Judas bagging a BB to give Robert something to think about while Geoff and Ray also find the Ritchie/Murray roughie to seize personal leads.

0 Robert

246 Gospel of Judas

0 Trotslover

0 Gee

0 Max

123 Geoff

0 Gary

123 Ray

123 Punter Pete

0 Graeme

1 HOT BACHES (3rd) 123.00

1 WURZELS (4th) 123.00

BYE - YAHABEBEES (6th) 123.00

Pam, Maurice & Richie all make a start for their respective teams so all square all round after one

0 Blind Squirrel

123 Maurice

0 Steve P
0 Pete

0 Maria

0 Jakey Boy

123 Pam

0 Midnight Caller

0 Happy Sunrise

0 Sharne

123 Richie

0 Heather

0 Rob

0 Howie

0 Wrinkles

0 OFFNGONE (1st) 0.00

MR AYBEES (8th) 0.00

Quiet start here - everyone missed !

0 Secret Squirrel

0 Harewood

0 Stevie N

0 Tom

- Ziggy

0 Craig

0 Ian

0 Jack

0 Rees

0 Lightning Blue

0 GRIM REAPERS* (7th) 0.00

1 GREY WAYS (9th) 246.00

The Grim Reapers still to rise as Gordy bags a nice BB to lead Tonka and put the Grey Ways' nose in front.

0 Smiler

0 Buller Rep

0 Hesi

0 Jen

0 Roland

0 Rex

0 Tonkatime

246 Gordy

0 PJ

0 Dino

* Joker play

Hot Baches go ahead with Bonny Lass, Bella Luce or Beldarra and go two ahead with Sassy Merlot while Follow Your Dreams helps

Wurzels go two ahead with On The Bubbles and go 4-1 clear with I Wish I Win

Yahabebees favour Bonny Lass x 4, I Wish I Win x 3, On The Bubbles x 3, Beldarra x 2, Follow Your Dreams x 2

Round 8 - Saturday Mar 5

Race 2 - Ellerslie R4

1st - 1 On The Bubbles W-$3.30 

2nd - 4 I Wish I Win Q-$5.50  

Scr: 2,6

2 MAX FACTORS (5th) 269.00

3 SURF N TURF* (2nd) 624.00

Ray (with a BB), Judas & Geoff go back-to-back for SNT but all the Maxis bar Gary reply with Robert adding the quinella. Trotslover now ahead of Gee to pull one back for the Max Factors.

44 Robert

279 Gospel of Judas

33 Trotslover

0 Gee

33 Max

156 Geoff

0 Gary

189 Ray

156 Punter Pete

0 Graeme

1 HOT BACHES (3rd) 189.00

4 WURZELS (4th) 321.00

BYE - YAHABEBEES (6th) 233.00

Maria and the Myopic one on the board for the Hot Baches but all 5 Wurzels reply with Sharne, Jakey and Birthday Boy Pete adding quinellas. Sharne, Pete & Jakey all assume personal leads to shoot the Wurzels well in front. Rob (with a quinella) and Howie with a BB push the Yahabebees into a clear 2nd on aggregate.

33 Blind Squirrel

156 Maurice

0 Steve P
44 Pete

33 Maria

44 Jakey Boy

123 Pam

33 Midnight Caller

0 Happy Sunrise

44 Sharne

123 Richie

0 Heather

44 Rob

66 Howie

0 Wrinkles

0 OFFNGONE (1st) 44.00

3 MR AYBEES (8th) 154.00

Stevie snags the Q to make a start for the table leaders but all the Mr Aybees except LB reply with quinellas added by Jack & Tom. Personal leads for Harewood, Jack & Craig shoot the Aybees nicely ahead.

0 Secret Squirrel

33 Harewood

44 Stevie N

44 Tom

0 Ziggy

33 Craig

0 Ian

44 Jack

0 Rees

0 Lightning Blue

2 GRIM REAPERS* (7th) 99.00

3 GREY WAYS (9th) 312.00

Tonka, Hesi and PJ get The Grim Reapers out of bed while Rex and Buller reply for the Grey Ways and seize personal leads but this is cancelled out by new leads for Hesi and PJ.

0 Smiler

33 Buller Rep

33 Hesi

0 Jen

0 Roland

33 Rex

33 Tonkatime

246 Gordy

33 PJ

0 Dino

* Joker play

Hot Baches pull one back with Seven Veils and seize the lead with Ojai while Dashing Legend helps

Wurzels helped by Russian Conquest or Greece

Yahabebees favour Greece x 3, Russian Conquest x 2, Seven Veils x 2, Ojai x 2, Dashing Legend

36 minutes ago, PWJ said:

I have reconsidered Ian's excuse for the absence of picks for Zig before closing time and will now include them in the match. Craig/Mr Aybees/Offngone take note

Wow! Anyone in the team could have posted picks for Zig particularly given the captain's circumstances. 2 opportunities to post- (before closing time & during captain's time) but neither taken.

If that's the precedent then so be it. 

9 minutes ago, Rayzor said:

Wow! Anyone in the team could have posted picks for Zig particularly given the captain's circumstances. 2 opportunities to post- (before closing time & during captain's time) but neither taken.

If that's the precedent then so be it. 

Craig, it's your call. You're the opposing Captain. Do we include Zig's picks or not ? If you say NO I'm happy to leave them out