The Race Place

Summer Super Draft Comp Results Thread

PWJ

11 minutes ago, Stevie Nicks Off said:

Yeah I got in touch with him he told me he’s done, and could I post for him next week, he said he had posted for Ziggy earlier but the internet kept dropping out

8D082575-A09C-415A-8302-CEC515A40873.png

Thanks Stevie. I was living in NSW in 1974 and we had massive flooding but nothing like this . Unprecedented  stuff.

16 minutes ago, Stevie Nicks Off said:

Yeah I got in touch with him he told me he’s done, and could I post for him next week, he said he had posted for Ziggy earlier but the internet kept dropping out

8D082575-A09C-415A-8302-CEC515A40873.png

Tell Ian that PJ accepted his extenuating circumstances once pointed out, and allowed his selections for Zig to stand.

People have to remember, that especially in the run down to the comp closing, that it is hectic for PJ.

I challenge anyone to come close to handling all the loose ends as well

• Like 3

Stevie N

I am obviously unsure what you reported to Ian,

BUT,

Ziggy's selections were allowed , no drama

I realised Ian's situation and had no drama in allowing picks.

Ray at no stage questioned Ian , his question merely asked a question why no one else had stepped up and put in Zig's picks.

IMO that was a very fair question.

PJ does a great job and dosen't need this negativity.

Stop being Lindsay Buckingham and move on after all your team is still in front!

Cheers,

Craig.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, craigos1 said:

Stevie N

I am obviously unsure what you reported to Ian,

BUT,

Ziggy's selections were allowed , no drama

I realised Ian's situation and had no drama in allowing picks.

Ray at no stage questioned Ian , his question merely asked a question why no one else had stepped up and put in Zig's picks.

IMO that was a very fair question.

PJ does a great job and dosen't need this negativity.

Stop being Lindsay Buckingham and move on after all your team is still in front!

Cheers,

Craig.

Ray was fair enough in questioning and probably wasn't aware of Ian's predicament. I am sure everyone is fine with how it played out and Ian can get back on deck (and dried out) for next week for the "GF" 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, craigos1 said:

I cant speak for anyone else in my team, but I was working all morning and no knowledge of Ian's predicament.

Glad it worked itself out ,and leaves a momentous grand final weekend . 

• Like 1

CONGRATS, Surf N Turfers, too good for the Max Factors yesterday. You hit the ground running, your sword drawn and never put it back in the scabbard all afternoon. Curses. Should be a bonzer finales on Auckland Cup Day between the two best teams in the Comp. It's out bye round and we'll be looking for 3pts to finish on a high note.

MM

1 hour ago, Maximus said:

CONGRATS, Surf N Turfers, too good for the Max Factors yesterday. You hit the ground running, your sword drawn and never put it back in the scabbard all afternoon. Curses. Should be a bonzer finales on Auckland Cup Day between the two best teams in the Comp. It's out bye round and we'll be looking for 3pts to finish on a high note.

MM

Finale isn't Auckland Cup Day, the Cup is on Sunday.

Round 9 (Final) - Saturday Mar 12

Race 1 - Pukekohe R1

1st - 7 Tavi With Me W-$5.10 

2nd - 4 Rocket Lad Q-$11.10  

Scr: 3,5,9,11

2 OFFNGONE {J} (1st) 102.00

0 SURF N TURF (2nd) 0.00

Surf N Turf all miss in the Battle of the Big Boys as Ian and Stevie hand Offngone an early advantage.

51 Ian

0 Geoff

0 Secret Squirrel

0 Ray

51 Stevie N

0 Gospel of Judas

0 Ziggy

0 Gee

0 Rees

0 Graeme

2 GRIM REAPERS (8th) 153.00

3 WURZELS (3rd) {J} 204.00

BYE - MAX FACTORS (6th) 102.00

Bust start here as Roland, Hesi & Tonka make a start for the Reapers with Tonka & Roland assuming personal leads but so do Midnight C and Jakey for the Wurzels who go in front with Pete's BB getting him ahead of Hesi. Robert & Punter Pete make a start for the Max Factors who trail 3rd on aggregate after oen.

0 PJ

51 Midnight Caller

51 Roland

0 Sharne

0 Smiler

51 Jakey Boy

51 Hesi

102 Pete

51 Tonkatime

0 Maurice

51 Punter Pete

0 Trotslover

51 Robert

0 Max

0 Gary

2 HOT BACHES (4th) 102.00

1 MR AYBEES (7th) 51.00

Captain Craig leads the way for the Mr Aybees but replies from Steve and Maria ensure an early advantage for the Hot Baches.

0 Blind Squirrel

0 Harewood

0 Pam

0 Tom

51 Steve P

0 Jack

0 Happy Sunrise

51 Craig

51 Maria

0 Lightning Blue

1 YAHABEBEES (5th) 175.20

2 GREY WAYS* (9th) 299.40

Howie (with a quinella), Rob and Heather get the Yahabebees out of the gates but all the Grey Ways bar Dino reply with Jen and Buller snagging quinellas while Gordy adds a BB to lead Richie. Rob also ahead in his personal duel with Dino but so is Jen as the Joker-playing Grey Ways take the lead.

51 Heather

51 Rex

51 Rob

0 Dino

73.20 Howie

73.20 Buller Rep

0 Wrinkles

73.20 Jen

0 Richie

102 Gordy

{J} Subject to Jeopardy chip

* Joker play

Grim Reapers (J) seize the lead with Show Us More or Cote de Beaune (must pay $2.60+ or Show Us More complete the Q)

Wurzels go 5-zip clear with Mercurial (must pay $5.20+ or Cote de Beaune complete the Q)

Max Factors favour Cote de Beaune x 5, Game Night x 2, Show Us More x 2, Mercurial

Hot Baches go further ahead with Mercurial (4-zip clear if it pays $5.20+ or Cote de Beaune completes the Q) or Cote de Beaune

Mr Aybees seize the lead with Game Night (must pay $5.20+ or Cote de Beaune complete the Q)

Offngone go further ahead with Cote de Beaune and go 5-zip clear with Mercurial (must pay $5.00 or LESS otherwise go 4-1 ahead)

Surf N Turf(J) draw level with Show Us More and seize the lead with Game Night (must pay $5.20+ or Cote de Beaune complete the Q)

2 minutes ago, Midnight Caller said:

Apologies to Pete and PJ. Long disastrous day, not long back in doors and off to my bed.Thanks Captain for stepping  in. For a bit of fun here were my selections 

R1  1-7

R2  1-3

R3  2-5

R4  2-3

R5  3-6  

R6 2-4 BB

R7  2-5

R8  2-9

R9  1-2 BB

R10  1-4

Best of luck MC

24 minutes ago, Midnight Caller said:

Apologies to Pete and PJ. Long disastrous day, not long back in doors and off to my bed.Thanks Captain for stepping  in. For a bit of fun here were my selections 

R1  1-7

R2  1-3

R3  2-5

R4  2-3

R5  3-6  

R6 2-4 BB

R7  2-5

R8  2-9

R9  1-2 BB

R10  1-4

You're all good mate.