The Race Place

Thursday Trivia

PWJ

Okay, the last part is probably too tough so here's the answer:

In 1968 the GN Derby & NZ St. Leger winner Cracksman (by Le Filou) was standing at Bookham Lodge Stud in Cobham, Surrey, England for 350 pounds.

500kms away across the Irish Sea in Golden, Co. Tipperary was standing the other Cracksman at 48 pounds fee. This Cracksman had won the Dalham Stakes at Newmarket and the St' Leger Trial in 1961.

Both stallions were born in 1958. Ansin was the NZ Cracksman's Wellington Cup winner for D Peake

4 minutes ago, PWJ said:

Okay, the last part is probably too tough so here's the answer:

In 1968 the GN Derby & NZ St. Leger winner Cracksman (by Le Filou) was standing at Bookham Lodge Stud in Cobham, Surrey, England for 350 pounds.

500kms away across the Irish Sea in Golden, Co. Tipperary was standing the other Cracksman at 48 pounds fee. This Cracksman had won the Dalham Stakes at Newmarket and the St' Leger Trial in 1961.

Both stallions were born in 1958. Ansin was the NZ Cracksman's Wellington Cup winner for D Peake

I did wonder .. I asked if it was after Le Filou Cracksman left for GB and you didn't answer so I should have run with that ... 🙂