The Race Place

Alex Park tonight

Globederby19

26 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

The handicap must be because of Prize Money earned in that case . Those 2 races in particular are worth a large amount to the winner. I think the NZ FFA should be in that catergory too, and worth a stack more money. 

I love FFA's . The Nz Cup itself has been criticised relentlessly many times because of the poor starts from the stand. Easily fixed !!!  just run it 3200m mobile start if continuing as a FFA.  If HRNZ want to continue 'standing' the Start , might as well make Handicaps to even it up a bit (and for the fine tradition) And also because it spreads the runners out that little bit more at the start to avert Disaster too. just my opinion.....

Trainer I used to have always said to me,  teach them to stand start,  Just manners.   It's not rocket science. 

Hj

57 minutes ago, Honest john said:

South island clubs are the ones I'm told are sick of being ignored.  We shall see what works out?

Seems like a bit of internal stuff going on. Like we have a few scrums in play.

South Island Small Clubs vs Board

Addington Club vs HRNZ

North Island vs South Island

Auckland vs Cambridge

Have I missed any? Has it always been this way? 

• Thanks 1

Race 4 non-win impressive 5 lenght win by 2yo Sweet Lou, Hugo M. Mid race moved early from carpark draw. Remembered him from 4th Young Guns Final, (was going to put each way bet on, but draw put me off bugger. So just watched the 3, 2yo Lous in race). 2nd place 2yo Sweet Lou - Maria A. Here they come stomp, stomp hehe. 

Telfers have taken lead back opening up again in Premiership with a couple of nice wins tonight. 

They were my 2 tips, this time last year, for this year & next year. Watch out for Telfers & Sweet Lous 😃👍 

Ultimate M nice run tonight DR 👍

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Thanks 2

Worth a watch. Great banter. Z Butcher & D Ferguson combine in Chat Talk (mic-ed up) at Alex P. Always interesting to hear their comments/thoughts during race.

https://m.facebook.com/trackchatnz/videos/micd-up-nzdylan-ferguson-zachary-butcheri-know-youve-heard-from-the-pair-before-/476875950933423/

Edited by karrotsishere

Speaking of Sweet Lou 2yos. Seem to be in demand. 2 have noticably been exported this week.

Including 1 for new owner P Larkin Standbred, reckon big $ been paid for Lusaka. Won 1st up Addington 2yo race. Same race Maddis Tiger (Lou) 4th also sold exported. 

In other news B Mango said that he is for Handicapping Cup in future for those whom have already won NZ Cup. Re South Coast he hasnt been back to his usual self after getting a virus & felt some hard runs off unruly flattened him. So he hopes after being on water walker for a month he comes back to his old self & is competitive again. He will try to avoid stand starts as its too hard for him off unruly in leadup to Cup & go to Victoria for leadups.

Copy That 2nd today in workout. Sizzling last 400 25.8. Won by Alta Wiseguy. 

Edited by karrotsishere

36 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Yes, but she wont race this year. She is in the paddock munching grass like this atm. Your fella is doing good. Come back stronger. 

horse eating GIF

Probably about 5 weeks away from trials.  Keep an eye out for another one at trials next week.  

• Like 1

Heres the latest Mic-ed up Eposide at Alex P. This time with Jnr C Hackett onboard trotter Emma Frost. Good stand start practice prior race & in race. Nice commentary. Enjoy these videos by J Stevens so sharing.

https://m.facebook.com/trackchatnz/videos/-micd-up-nz-crystal-hackett-joins-track-chat-nz-aboard-emma-frost-for-trainers-a/1093279801294284/

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Heres the latest Mic-ed up Eposide at Alex P. This time with Jnr C Hackett onboard trotter Emma Frost. Good stand start practice prior race & in race. Nice commentary. Enjoy these videos by J Stevens so sharing.

https://m.facebook.com/trackchatnz/videos/-micd-up-nz-crystal-hackett-joins-track-chat-nz-aboard-emma-frost-for-trainers-a/1093279801294284/

That was excellent viewing yet again. Crystal getting better at it all the time too, and quite relaxed. So relaxed she couldn't tell her dad had one the race easily by over a length right in front of her. That was sort of funny..😅😉🏆

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

That was excellent viewing yet again. 

Did you check out D Ferguson & Z Butcher Mic-ed Up, I posted other day on this thread? 

Z Butcher being his uplifting self. Says to his Dad or bro, "dont accidently fart or something else might come out" 😂  Also hearing the raceplan he was given Argle, who got to front, but then got attack so he said "better hand to $1.50 fav" lol. 

D Ferguson good too, saying he "wanted lead or trail" & watching him try to go forward off arm, but then got  shuffle up 4 back fence & was like "oh man Z Butcher is in SPOT I want to be in, he has bloody outdriven me" lol.

Mic-ed Up eposides are so good!

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Hmm, not sure then. Was searching for 1 trained by Dalgety, a Bettors or Miki, 2yo, with a group of owners (to protect ur poster ID), male or female. Chicago Bear was only that came into that calculation. 

Any hint 😀 

She is entered at Ashburton  on Sunday 

2 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Was on the Money with my calculations hehe, but didnt check sire properly. 

Cool, thanks for sharing 👍Will keep eye out for her & same race /stablemate Camelight who Globe mentioned by Lou 😀

Carmelite scratched but Light Up My Fire should win that

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Any news on how last weeks board meeting went? If the NZ Cup Handicap got approved for next year? If the breeders incentive got approved (rumour is this did $2k-$3k) or any other news anyone?

They might blurt random stuff when they shouldn't no problem at all but proper and regulated communication is beyond them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/5/2022 at 7:39 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

They might blurt random stuff when they shouldn't no problem at all but proper and regulated communication is beyond them.

Rumour is true. Wow, nice. 3k credit for a new breeder that breeds & upon birth of foal. Also $1k credit up for grabs. As well as multiple credits up for grabs.

https://www.hrnz.co.nz/news/1m-plus-breeding-incentive-announced-for-this-season/