The Race Place

Alex Park tonight

Globederby19

A couple I like tonite.

Race 2  Dina Mo. Out of Pullover Brown, a very good mare that won 12 of her 30 starts. Coming to it slowly.

Race  9   Neptune.  Out of Safedra a very good 3 yr old with 18 from 23 in the money . If it finally shows some of mums ability I will be on it tonite at 21s FF.

Good luck guys.

Edited by Globederby19
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

A couple I like tonite.

Race 2  Dina Mo. Out of Pullover Brown, a very good mare that won 12 of her 30 starts. Coming to it slowly.

Race  9   Neptune.  Out of Safedra a very good 3 yr old with 18 from 23 in the money . If it finally shows some of mums ability I will be on it tonite at 21s FF.

Good luck guys.

Not betting tonight, but watch with interest. Thanks for tips.

3 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

A couple I like tonite.

Good luck guys.

Well done, on getting first one.

• Like 2

Do hope Alex Park can lift itself out of the predicament its in. Its a fab place to go to experience animals for those in city. Facilities are good & its not pretencious. 

Some recent feedback apparently is members complaining about Lyell Creek area, bar facilities, only have 1 bar area operating, oppose the usual 2. 

Leading members to get very upset during peak times, waiting in queue. They are starting to behave like Americans. Moaning & very vocal, about how a disgrace it is. Not good enough. The waiting time. 

Clearly not used to any type of queue.

tom felton laugh GIF

9 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

They are starting to behave like Americans. Moaning & very vocal, about how a disgrace it is. Not good enough. The waiting time. 

Clearly not used to any type of queue.

If they are starting to behave like Americans, they won't know what a "queue" is as most don't use that word. But I definitely know what you mean Karrots. 

Have you ever had the misfortune to be on a cruise ship with all Americans, that are either newly wed, or nearly dead? Oh my goodness. That's next level! 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Some recent feedback apparently is members complaining about Lyell Creek area, bar facilities, only have 1 bar area operating, oppose the usual 2. 

They don't open the large public area which leads out to the open air seating at Addington anymore. Just spectators which is overcrowded at times. No real locations for racegoers there anymore. The concept of a public stand is long gone, just as the concept of country tracks is going too.

HRNZ will look back on their decision and regret it in years to come for want of a strategic plan beyond simply economics.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Happy Sunrise said:

They don't open the large public area which leads out to the open air seating at Addington anymore. Just spectators which is overcrowded at times. No real locations for racegoers there anymore. The concept of a public stand is long gone, just as the concept of country tracks is going too.

HRNZ will look back on their decision and regret it in years to come for want of a strategic plan beyond simply economics.

Reminds me of what Happened with Forbury. Go out watch race and hide in side from cold...

• Like 1

On 7/16/2022 at 7:01 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

At Alex P the covered bottom public area, which usually opens out onto the parade ring now has a big fence built. So cant see out to horses. Maybe the horses took fright at seeing the people inside lol. 

Heard there are some type of inside interior renovations going on, which if correct is never a bad thing.

Also apparently this year the eye sore of an old out of place grandstand will be abolished, for a carpark. Which is a positive.

There is some positive sentiment that the govt wont let Alex P go under. As like Addington is 1 of 2 premier tracks in country. My only thought to that is, true BUT what about the prime land for housing. 

It really is a nice place to go for city folk to see animals. The smell & sight of them is a rare opportunity many city goers. Something that perhaps should be marketed more.

Im hopeful that some smart people make whatever changes needed to keep it or hold onto it for racing for as long poss. 

Seems tho that industry can be blinded to what they want, oppose what the general public want in order to survive. An example of this is over 80% of general public want use of whip as encourager to NOT be used. Compare that with the majority of those in industry who want it used. Then take the recent Albion Park CEO forced resignation due to govt officials. Compare that with the lack of pressure (with exception from Stripes letter), from within the racing industry. 

Too many conflicts of interest going on. Too much 1 eye bias. Too much of back in the day it was like this & not moving with the times. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

rue BUT what about the prime land for housing. 

You cant be serious Karrots. Sod the housing. Like the rest of the country its unaffordable, ( now there is a new name for NZ, "UNAFFORDABLE") and Auckland's infrastructure is already groaning at the seams . It would be a tragedy to see Alex Park go, and unthinkable. Some have compared it to Harold Park, but anyone who has been around the Glebe area in Sydney would know how compact and congested it is and in its latter days far too difficult to get to ,so it was a no brainer to move to Menangle. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

You cant be serious Karrots. Sod the housing. Like the rest of the country its unaffordable, ( now there is a new name for NZ, "UNAFFORDABLE") and Auckland's infrastructure is already groaning at the seams . It would be a tragedy to see Alex Park go, and unthinkable. Some have compared it to Harold Park, but anyone who has been around the Glebe area in Sydney would know how compact and congested it is and in its latter days far too difficult to get to ,so it was a no brainer to move to Menangle. 

Oh not meaning me wanting it to be housing. Just thinking surely someone somewhere would be thinking prime land could be used for housing in Auckland. Doesnt help the development lost them alot of $. When will the vultures begin to swoop ... ? 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 1:25 PM, Globederby19 said:

Yes Harold was right in middle of that gully wasn't it? never heard  one good word about the place. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gospel Of Judas said:

Yes Harold was right in middle of that gully wasn't it? never heard  one good word about the place. 

No gully mate Gospel,... there's the Sydney skyline right behind the Famous track. Com'on mate ..WHo would of said a bad word about the place ? Did you like it ?

Here's a paper of all the great occasions that just goes On and On.

So many NewZealand Superstars that loved the place it defies belief. 

Robin Dundee (the very first Miracle Mile ever) Young Quinn and Locarno (cleaning up the Aussies from the 6 barrier in Miracle Miles) photo of Iraklis (track record holder), Caduceus in front of 50,000 people wins the Interdominion !! fantastic stuff, Master Mood (defeated Lightning Blue sadly lol ), Chokin (more than once) Holmes DG (more than once) Village Kid ,and Aussies Popular Alm , Westburn Grant , Koala King (Interdominion and 40 Harold Park wins ....... I could go on for hours.....

And ALL would good words to say about the place ....... plenty of NZ success there . It was FANTASTIC if you want one good Word ? all the best LB

DSC02806.JPG

DSC02807.JPG

Yep I was there as a 20 yr old for the Interdominions. Packed to the rafters , hardly a standing place left. Brilliant fields and to be honest I haven't experienced an atmosphere any thing like it since. Finals night was bonkers. I used to go there every Frid night with a pay packet tucked into a pocket. I worked in Glebe on some of the terraced houses (plumbing) behind the park with lots of back alleys. Hondo Grattans trainer used to jog him around those alleys and we saw him jog past a couple of times. Loved the place back then and it has many iconic memories' as it was the venue for so many historic races  and Champion horses.

And it didnt rain to often like frigging Hutt Park.:classic_smile:

• Like 2

On 7/23/2022 at 3:26 PM, Globederby19 said:

Yep I was there as a 20 yr old for the Interdominions. Packed to the rafters , hardly a standing place left. Brilliant fields and to be honest I haven't experienced an atmosphere any thing like it since. Finals night was bonkers. I used to go there every Frid night with a pay packet tucked into a pocket. I worked in Glebe on some of the terraced houses (plumbing) behind the park with lots of back alleys. Hondo Grattans trainer used to jog him around those alleys and we saw him jog past a couple of times. Loved the place back then and it has many iconic memories' as it was the venue for so many historic races  and Champion horses.

And it didnt rain to often like frigging Hutt Park.:classic_smile:

Dad use go there when was Forman of Freezing works in Sydney for a few years. 

3 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Why would I randomly make this up. Its actually really sad. And actually brings tears to my eyes.

Nite all. 

It can be a very strange world sometimes. All have good, bad and ugly points. Just some other do it in the end.

• Like 1