The Race Place

Te Akau dominance.

ngakonui grass

And they clearly have the best track record of anyone buying at Karaka...if they stop buying there will be some sad and sorry vendors at the sales...just think of how many people they employ and how big their operation costs to run...I dunno why people have to knock them...they put the money and mostly all of it stays in NZ.. they mind their own business do their own thing and get plenty of people involved in racing....has to be good for the industry....doesn't it???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RJB said:

Why only single him out...there are many big buyers in the SH why do you choose only to focus on him????Is there a reason???

Ummm...I'll speculate a couple of reasons

TA are the biggest, so they 'pick themselves' by sheer scale of their 'massive operation

And even if they didn't, they make so much noise they're hard to ignore.

MM

14 minutes ago, RJB said:

And they clearly have the best track record of anyone buying at Karaka...if they stop buying there will be some sad and sorry vendors at the sales...just think of how many people they employ and how big their operation costs to run...I dunno why people have to knock them...they put the money and mostly all of it stays in NZ.. they mind their own business do their own thing and get plenty of people involved in racing....has to be good for the industry....doesn't it???

you're being very defensive, RJB... take a chill pill. 

TA

Also, where on earth did you get the notion, that because they are the biggest and without question do a lot of great things for the NZ industry, that they should be exempt from scrutiny

Much the same as BGP, they do a lot of great things for the NZ industry, but they should still be open to scrutiny

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Maximus said:

you're being very defensive, RJB... take a chill pill. 

TA

No need any sort of pill thanks...but thanks for the advice anyway...Just think TA gets attacked for nothing other than jealousy...JMO.

And some think the sales would not miss them ..total BS how many others buy 20 plus to stay in NZ.....thats easy to answer nobody.And take out a big buyer of numbers the sale will 100% feel the affects...not that some in here would know a clue about that...again just my 2c worth. 

37 minutes ago, RJB said:

No need any sort of pill thanks...but thanks for the advice anyway...Just think TA gets attacked for nothing other than jealousy...JMO.

And some think the sales would not miss them ..total BS how many others buy 20 plus to stay in NZ.....thats easy to answer nobody.And take out a big buyer of numbers the sale will 100% feel the affects...not that some in here would know a clue about that...again just my 2c worth. 

and faIr enough.

IMO it is the huge cash cow of Oz racing that forces the purchase prices ever upward at Karaka, making it impossible for the vast majority of Kiwis except through syndication. What TA needs is more competition, or the prices to come down a lot  - which won't happen until Oz federal and state Govt stop funding their thoroughbred codes to the extent they do now. And that's unlikely becos over there, racing is in the blood, and wagering is a 'rite of passage', embedded in mainstream culture. Gambling is not viewed as a dirty, sinful behaviour to be frowned upon.

MM

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RJB said:

RJB I could also say that anyone who accuses someone else of jealously with no direct evidence is stupid. Doubt also that would add value to the discussion.

2 hours ago, slam dunk said:

RJB I could also say that anyone who accuses someone else of jealously with no direct evidence is stupid. Doubt also that would add value to the discussion.

You are free to your opinion as I am to mine...life goes on.

1 hour ago, Josias said:

Totally DISAGREE.All their purchases have had an underbidder only one bid lower!!!

That is a fact but if TA were not as strong as they are on the ones they like then the price logically will be much lower...but hey thats logical. They make the prices as high as they are on some horses and if there is only one bidder on them with TA not around then of course competition won't be so hot...

On 1/22/2023 at 7:31 AM, Josias said:

Totally DISAGREE.All their purchases have had an underbidder only one bid lower!!!

I was looking at the bigger picture  J! The numbers the sales produce,and undeniably TA prop up alot of those numbers especially  from Book 1.They are racing horses in NZ. Yes there is always an underbidder, TA at Karaka are like Maher, Waterhouse,Waller etc are to the Sydney and Melbourne  sales, and now Maher is targeting the GC MM. they keep pushing the envelope in every way!

I note another race that has been moved to accommodate other races.

The time honoured Waikato Guineas, a G2 over 2000m, is for the second year relegated to the ignominy of a mid week, industry day type meet, as opposed to taking it's place on Waikato's big day.

Why? Probably to not detract attention from the Fillies Classic, which also now has a higher stake