The Race Place

Nashing his teeth ...

Maximus

"I have had the privilege of serving in the Ardern Cabinet during the darkest of days, managing crisis after crisis after crisis, while driving forward an ambitious and progressive agenda of continuous economic and social improvement and transformation....

So saith the departing villain ...reluctantly and belatedly walking the plank after multiple breaches of the rules that bind Cabinet Ministers. To continue the naval metaphor, he's probably better off in Davy Jones' Locker when the enquiry comes out with more info of problematic and/or indiscreet, and/or norty behaviour.

Goodbye and good riddance. From what I saw on TV of his defiant response to the Police boo-boo, he's got an ego problem.

As for his programme of continuous bla bla bla transformation ...all I can say is that on nearly every measure of societal performance - education, law and order, health and wellbeing, housing, economic prosperity, race relations... Nash has been part of the most underwhelming Government-led transformation in my lifetime.

Haven't been this happy to see a statement from a senior Labour politician since ...since ....Jacinda's resignation, which already seems a long long time ago.

MM

PS: And i still think an early election is Hipkins' only chance to refloat the Titanic. But I don't think it holds enough lifeboats.

Dont follow politics at all as more important things to be involved in, like racing, but my friends who do follow politics are all predicting a National landslide but are hedging a little on Winston ... they tell me the maori vote is a lost vote and the Greens will be pummelled just like labour. They dont want Winston in parliament or in the mix in any way.

They also say Luxton must go and the best combo is Willis and Bishop.

Time will tell

Whoever gets in, I would like to see cross party accords on key areas, such as health, education, crime, housing transport, water and a few others, so we actually make some progress on fixing things

Over the years, both parties' policies have led to inaction, and the only people who benefit are the consultants., and others who feed from what seems to be a bottomless trough

I voted for Labour because I thought they could make a difference in social inequality areas, but they didn't.  Trouble is, I can't see the Nats doing much better.

Well, Seymour personally wont get 15% of the vote but ACT will, so they'll have a big say. Former NZ First voters from 2017 will not want a bar of the traitorous Winnie, (who still doesn't have a succession plan) and NZF will disappear off the face of the NZ earth if he fails. ACT's popularity is getting stronger as Seymour continues to say out loud what 'middle New Zealand' is thinking (a role formerly taken by Winnie).

Hesi, you know darn well that a cross-party accord on key areas is never going to happen between Nat and Lab, cos they have fundamental differences on what the 'key' priorities are and how to deal with them. Under Cindy and Co it has been all about handing out large dollops of vote-buying cash for any excuse and bugger the consequences, while driving what the tooth-Nashing villain called 'economic and societal improvement and transformation' (some of which Hipkins has called a halt to, out of sheer desperation to get another term. You can bet Jackson, Mahuta et al are none too happy about it and will be plotting revenge for the radical leftists.

In six months' time, NZ will be feeling the miseries of a long long year (no summer, several crises) and a painful winter in every respect. 60% of mortgagors will have had to bite the bullet on massive interest rates compared to what they're used to - and some will become asset-less as a result. Businesses struggling to survive already from three years of Covid, inflation and Govt-imposed costs (holidays, wage rises, compliance costs) will not be getting much help from greedy merchant banks. And the IRD won't be letting businesses delay paying their deferred taxes forever, you know. So, more businesses will fail. Construction is already in deep doo-doo; the flow-on effects will be severe, incl higher unemployment. The health and education sectors are in crisis, as the Govt spends many millions bedding in a new system / agency while people needing urgent life-saving surgery are made to wait because the workforce ain't there any more. 

Net result? Labour goes down the gurgler big time, whether or not these and other problems are all of their own making. Good luck to whoever inherits the mess.

MM

36 minutes ago, barryb said:

The saving grace will be David Seymour

Shame on you Barry, remember the word  "atheist", no such thing as saving grace in your world. 

But I agree on your comments about no one making a difference, and I personally think ACT will arrive like a tsunami. 

9 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Construction is already in deep doo-doo. The health and education sectors are in crisis, while the Govt spends many millions bedding in a new system / agency while people needing urgent life-saving surgery are made to wait. 

Yep, I work in that Industry, (have trade will travel)even in retirement and the signs are not good. When things go bums up in Aussie sometimes its a trickle down effect here. A very large construction company in Melbourne went tits up just recently. Only a matter of time and a lot of those start up company's doing bulk housing will collapse taking with them the related tradesmen that have neglected their bread and butter jobs and resultant cash flow and customer base , and taken the cream for to long.Gonna be some carnage. 

I would challenge anyone here to provide an off the cuff answer to define what a woman is (2 seconds max response time, so no chance to think about it), without putting their foot in their mouth.

Of course, that is not possible, as we all get a chance to think about it

Even an awkward silence is going to get him crucified by the smart alec press who have the answers to everything but the solutions to nothing

Fair enough Hesi, but it gives us some idea as to his /or this Govts position on being under the woke brigades gun pointed at them, when such a simple answer would have been to describe even a biological female anatomical description. Can't we say anything without offending someone in this country. If one chooses to be one of the myriads of genders on offer these days, then fine , that comes with consequences, normally the further breakdown of Society as we see it.

NZ  ooops sorry  Rome burns.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hesi said:

I would challenge anyone here to provide an off the cuff answer to define what a woman is (2 seconds max response time, so no chance to think about it), without putting their foot in their mouth.

Even an awkward silence is going to get him crucified by the smart alec press who have the answers to everything but the solutions to nothing

Really?

FFS doesn't 'adult female human being' kind of cover it?

What else could possibly describe it?

22 minutes ago, pete said:

Really?

FFS doesn't 'adult female human being' kind of cover it?

What else could possibly describe it?

good answer Pedro...now, what is your definition of 'female'? I'll give you 60 minutes, not 2 seconds

MM

I'm not going there mate. All it proves is how the left have tied themselves in knots about basic facts.

You're either born one or the other. I couldn't give a fuck what you decide you are subsequently.

But of course I'm a CIS white male and therefore responsible for all the sexual violence in the world.

These people are unhinged.

• Like 1

This commenter on the Herald website sums it up rather well:

A person who needs a "preformulated" answer to the question asked is in need of serious help. The need to be all things to all people makes the answer hard to word for fear of the response to those who think differently, This is what we have become in New Zealand. Chris, ask mum, she has written 2 books on human biology and has taught and lectured on it, maybe she will have a preformulated idea.

9 minutes ago, barryb said:

& the right to shit on us for our failings (in there eyes).

And therein lies the problem. Society has lost its moral absolutes, (again) its a recurring theme, because the only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history. Where does one find a middle ground where we can all live our own lives in whatever way we choose, without resorting to hate and violence.There is no middle ground.  Unfortunately this world reminds me of a scenario where we are all bobbing around on an ocean on our own cork and sail and are fine until we bump into someone else on his or her cork and sail, following their own agenda . 

As I said Rome burns.

1 hour ago, Hesi said:

It's interesting Alan that after hundreds of years of scientific research and discovery we KNOW what defines a man and a woman and quite simply it is chromosomal makeup. You are either XX (a woman) or XY (a man). There are mutations of this but they are incredibly rare, BTW.

Now this doesn't preclude people wishing to identify as members of the opposite sex but a line has to be drawn in innumerable situations and this is probably the best dividing line.

If I have a beef with all of this, it is the imagined hatred and straw man (oops) arguments that some transgender activists use to abuse the shit out of anyone (sometimes physically) who don't share their views. It doesn't matter what you believe in, using violence and acts of hatred will not win you friends or positively influence people.

I have (or had) a couple of transgendered friends or acquaintances (small small sample I know) but you know what ? They and the majority of people in these categories don't want to force their own personal sexuality or world view of it on anyone. Just live and let live is their view. Unfortunately there is a small but very high profile, highly visible group of transgender activists who WANT A WAR. In a lot of cases these people are mentally unstable which may or may not be related to their transgender identity.

The real losers in all of this are biological women - roughly half the population of the world. very sad

• Like 4

I'd say, I don't care as it is an unimportant question. I'll let others decide what they think they are, it doesn't affect me or my treatment of them. People need to ignore this stuff in respect of what difference it makes. It makes no difference what a person identifies as outside of their ability to meet qualifying criteria for a gender based situation. So let those groups faced with that issue provide their answer to the question. 

2 minutes ago, mardigras said:

So let those groups faced with that issue provide their answer to the question. 

Do I take it by that comment that you are referring to those identifying with some sort of gender identity?. Unfortunately we are now all faced with this issue , straights , bents,  etc, etc . It permeates all of society, sport included, and is gaining traction . From my perspective and faith based existence I am kinda glad I am the age I am, as I can see trouble ahead and really fear for my grandchildren in a disintegrating world. You may think differently. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Do I take it by that comment that you are referring to those identifying with some sort of gender identity?. Unfortunately we are now all faced with this issue , straights , bents,  etc, etc . It permeates all of society, sport included, and is gaining traction . From my perspective and faith based existence I am kinda glad I am the age I am, as I can see trouble ahead and really fear for my grandchildren in a disintegrating world. You may think differently. 

No, I'm referring to those organisations that face the issue of qualification due to gender identity. e.g. sporting clubs/Sporting championships/schools/bathrooms/changing rooms. They will need to have a process for how to deal with various individuals and how they identify themselves.

I am not faced with any issue around how a person identifies themselves. I'd love for you to tell me how this affects me. It doesn't. I'm happy for anyone to identify themselves in any way they like. I treat a person as a person, I don't need to know how a person identifies themselves.

Edited by mardigras
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, pete said:

I'm not going there mate. All it proves is how the left have tied themselves in knots about basic facts.

You're either born one or the other. I couldn't give a fuck what you decide you are subsequently.

But of course I'm a CIS white male and therefore responsible for all the sexual violence in the world.

These people are unhinged.

Perhaps the most accurate post on this forum in many moons

• Like 1