The Race Place

Comments thread for the Super Comp Draft

PWJ

• PWJ pinned this topic
1 hour ago, Maximus said:

bloody norah you've let a bleedin Ozzie captain go first....

MM

Random draw dude.....

LB is my guess for first draft or will it be OM ?? Or Tassie

A pretty even lot I thought, I wouldn't be picking LB or OM or even Tassie.  Possibly trained off by now, and the Reapers want players that are cruising just below the radar and ready to blossom into a bit of form

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, pete said:

Really got the short straw as 7th in the draw.

I'll need to unearth some hidden Nuggets.

Nahhh ! You get to choose two of the top 10 draft selections, an advantage only shared with Ray

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Hesi said:

A pretty even lot I thought, I wouldn't be picking LB or OM or even Tassie.  Possibly trained off by now, and the Reapers want players that are cruising just below the radar and ready to blossom into a bit of form

Nice try mate.

29 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Being a reaper sounds pretty GRIM anyway 😅. Never train off . just finished a 1/2 marathon now to warm up ready for lunch 😁.

See the strong work-out you gave Maurice (your Ferdie mate) on Saturday , caused him to miss the start ? maybe you should of just made him do 10k's on the bike instead of 20 km 's in the end. hopefully Hesi learning from his errors.  congrats on the Bold 2nd to Pete in the New Year Cup though . 

P.s possibly a Stronger work-out required for the Reapers Hesi ??  . Get em' down the 'nets' mate >> training with the Blackcaps maybe (in hard training for next World Cup ) can they get a 'Webby' One Day ?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Being a reaper sounds pretty GRIM anyway 😅. Never train off . just finished a 1/2 marathon now to warm up ready for lunch 😁.

See the strong work-out you gave Maurice (your Ferdie mate) on Saturday , caused him to miss the start ? maybe you should of just made him do 10k's on the bike instead of 20 km 's in the end. hopefully Hesi learning from his errors.  congrats on the Bold 2nd to Pete in the New Year Cup though . 

P.s possibly a Stronger work-out required for the Reapers Hesi ??  . Get em' down the 'nets' mate >> training with the Blackcaps maybe (in hard training for next World Cup ) can they get a 'Webby' One Day ?  

What errors?

Reapers are reigning Draft comp champs and Ferdies reigning  NPC Comp champions.

Hesi going for the trifecta, so if I do accidentally pick you, the bar is very high, can you take a pressure situation like that

Don't see too many errors there

• Haha 1

One thing I know for sure is I won't be 33rd picked out of 36 this time (or the 32 player equivalent) !
I've taken that distinct possibility right out of the equation ! 
I be running the ship ! 😁 The good ship Styx.  It's where I'm most comfortable ! 
As for selection strategy, I'll be picking on personality, sense of humour, ability to put together a few well chosen words, being a team player.
In other words, areas where I had obviously failed miserably ! 33 of 36 ! 😊

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Howard Atkinson said:

One thing I know for sure is I won't be 33rd picked out of 36 this time (or the 32 player equivalent) !
I've taken that distinct possibility right out of the equation ! 
I be running the ship ! 😁 The good ship Styx.  It's where I'm most comfortable ! 
As for selection strategy, I'll be picking on personality, sense of humour, ability to put together a few well chosen words, being a team player.
In other words, areas where I had obviously failed miserably ! 33 of 36 ! 😊

Sounds like you need 4 clones of yourself Howie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hesi said:

God forbid if you end up in Maxi's team.  PJ will have to provide Portaloo's (that would be a first but not a bad idea) for the verbal diarrhea

get the spelling and grammar right, please, Hesi-meister. I've warned you before about this. Sharpen up, laddie.

As the captain with 2nd pick in the draft, cap'n Max feels he is about to dive into a swimming pool of money, like Scrooge McDuck

MM

Scrooge.jpeg

1 hour ago, Hesi said:

What errors?

Reapers are reigning Draft comp champs and Ferdies reigning  NPC Comp champions.

Hesi going for the trifecta, so if I do accidentally pick you, the bar is very high, can you take a pressure situation like that

Don't see too many errors there

LB will be gone in a heartbeat, Hesi, cos if BC doesn't snaffle him, cap'n Max is bound to...just for the sheer TransTasman hell of it...

MM