The Race Place

Comments thread for the Super Comp Draft

PWJ

3 minutes ago, PWJ said:

Just so you all know, my punctuation has not been on the slide lately (who noticed?) as you may have thought however my apostrophe/speech marks key has died on my keyboard along with the adjacent ENTER key. New one has been ordered...

I don't think any of us would be so rude as to correct you PJ.

All I noticed PJ, is that you were getting a bit scratchy about getting 40 for the comp, from what is now 109 active members......not bad

Compare that to your mini me, who is struggling to get to 40 from 11,000 members, with a team comp.

15 minutes ago, Black Caviar said:

Eh? Last time I looked I am definitely not an Ozzie!

Probably best to 'trade in' that Carlton teddy then before it gives you the 'Blues'.  No wins this century.

might be better to roll with one of these classy avatars  😎😉

images.jpg.791d211ba6f531f74e36660f9454f0f5.jpgdownload.jpg.b32063970869b4caabad662d6a9efdda.jpg

2 hours ago, Maximus said:

As the captain with 2nd pick in the draft, cap'n Max feels he is about to dive into a swimming pool of money, like Scrooge McDuck

2 hours ago, Maximus said:

LB will be gone in a heartbeat, Hesi, cos if BC doesn't snaffle him, cap'n Max is bound to...just for the sheer TransTasman hell of it...

MM

Don't do it Max .... could only lead to a McDuck mcDisaster and you'll be sunk like 'Donald' Trump from the get go . Not to mention hearing about the oz cricket could cause Captain Max  to capsize, walk the plank, abandon ship , or do a drive past and run aground like the Costa Concordia to get away from it all   . lol😁😂

images.jpg.78b4d8a92ed33fcbd0edbcbe24b84470.jpgimages.jpg.840580c0e4fc57b2852f07b5a0e3eaeb.jpg

• Haha 2

I think it is a big mistake to pick current form players.  Look beyond that to not only consistency but performance when the pressure is on.  I think you are a big risk LB, because you are a harness man who was fortunate to fluke a few trifectas in the Lucky 7.  If you look back further, the record is not so impressive.  Even someone like Robert has had quite a few poor performances, even PJ is a liability these days. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Don't do it Max .... could only lead to a McDuck mcDisaster and you'll be sunk like 'Donald' Trump from the get go . Not to mention hearing about the oz cricket could cause Captain Max  to capsize, walk the plank, abandon ship , or do a drive past and run aground like the Costa Concordia to get away from it all   . lol😁😂

images.jpg.78b4d8a92ed33fcbd0edbcbe24b84470.jpgimages.jpg.840580c0e4fc57b2852f07b5a0e3eaeb.jpg

See, just what I am talking about, Max and LB would not gel in the same team and it would show as a disaster in the results.  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hesi said:

I think it is a big mistake to pick current form players.  Look beyond that to not only consistency but performance when the pressure is on.  I think you are a big risk LB, because you are a harness man who was fortunate to fluke a few trifectas in the Lucky 7.  If you look back further, the record is not so impressive.  Even someone like Robert has had quite a few poor performances, even PJ is a liability these days. 

You could have replaced Trevor Mallard as speaker of the house with those comments Hesi. 🤪

• Haha 1

hahaha form is temporary . class is permanant lol.  and you run a classy operation Hesi. All the players are great and classy most/all weeks . Max is  funny man and enjoys himself here. I'm sure his team-mates always have a good chuckle with him.

Don't worry about the harness lads either. Robert (has a nice galloper as well as trotters and Rees and I have covered the miles and have seen the best of 2 lots of horses go round (thoroughbreds and standardbreds) so a twice as Lucky as you , But we enjoy your company old mate. You're go'in great guns !!! (nearly won the Cup even )  

12 minutes ago, Hesi said:

There is one person that reigns supreme when it comes to delivering when the pressure is on at finals time

yourself ??

Edited by Lightning Blue
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Hesi said:

PJ home and hosed with the Ferdies with you . you're a tough marker my friend 😄

2 minutes ago, Hesi said:

I looked back at the last draft comp, and you were 7wins/9 losses

yeah should of been 8 and 8 i spose.... to keep the Law of Averages balanced i guess. must of slipped up one week. Lame after a big night out or something? 😂. There's a saying about gift horses too. I think they're standardbreds because they're cheaper ? 😅🥂😉

45 minutes ago, Hesi said:

There is one person that reigns supreme when it comes to delivering when the pressure is on at finals time

I've never been in a team with this person before, and looking at the snake order, it is very likely I will be able to get them, and if I do, I believe that will make the Reapers unbeatable.

I can't believe it. I 've been here for a chat for an hour thinking the draft was today ! but it was entries required by today on another thread. lol . what a duck rodeo. lol.

been dribbling around waiting for 5 pm (6pm Syd time) and then nothing happened 🤕 . It's tomorrow night . 😂😂. oh well ....off for a beer then... 

• Haha 2

Some of those Captains may not sleep too soundly tonight. Burning the midnight oil refining their strategies, preparing player choices, and backup choices and backup-backup choices, mmmmm

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Hesi said:

I've never been in a team with this person before, and looking at the snake order, it is very likely I will be able to get them, and if I do, I believe that will make the Reapers unbeatable.

three captains before you who could pick Ian

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PWJ said:

Some of those Captains may not sleep too soundly tonight. Burning the midnight oil refining their strategies, preparing player choices, and backup choices and backup-backup choices, mmmmm

Nope.. all done and put to bed a couple of weeks ago PJ 🙂 

Edited by Dancing Show
With a couple of wee changes to the cast yesterday ... :)
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Turny said:

Guys I don’t know why you bother 

Just can it and move on, just don’t bother,  what a load of fcken BS the threads are.

Max kick it into touch over the grandstand 

110 members, I resonate why 

Well aren't you a real fucking bundle of joy tonight, lose on the AUS gallops did we

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Our Maizcay said:

three captains before you who could pick Ian

It’s not me, I’ve been in Hesi’s team before (Reaper)

The form guide reads Our Maizcay, would’ve been desperately unlucky not to have qualified for the L7  justice was served on the last qualifying day

Edited by VC!
  • Haha 1