The Race Place

Craig's Music faves

craigos1

UB40s first big hit. Memorable, haunting sax. The other thing I remember most about this song is that people could never get the lyrics right.

Some guy at school use to sing "I'm a creamy donut..." 😲 instead of "Ivory Madonna"...(Food for thought I guess??).

When I told some mates this story a couple of years ago they both thought the line was "I'm a prima donna...."  

Thank goodness for google eh? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rayzor said:

UB40s first big hit. Memorable, haunting sax. The other thing I remember most about this song is that people could never get the lyrics right.

Some guy at school use to sing "I'm a creamy donut..." 😲 instead of "Ivory Madonna"...(Food for thought I guess??).

When I told some mates this story a couple of years ago they both thought the line was "I'm a prima donna...."  

I always thought it was "I'm a Prima Donna" until someone set me straight.

On 1/9/2021 at 8:47 PM, craigos1 said:

Just remember I play these songs cos" I like them..................I don't think how redneck they maybe..because if I thought of that there'd be a lot that didn't get chosen

I agree, I used to like songs, for the tune, I never really gave them much thought as a teenager, but many were written with stories attached, or just getting their message across but as I listen to them today, the penny drops, eg Midnight Oil Beds are Burning

Chain Reaction another one awww! is that what that song was about lol

On 1/10/2021 at 8:48 PM, Rayzor said:

You just reminded me Ray there’s one song to this very day, that I wasn’t quite sure on

Dire Strats Money for nothing

Now was it Chicks for free, or Cheques for free

Google here I come🤔

• Haha 2