The Race Place

New $100 comp thread - Starts Cup Day - Low key - No running commentary - Scores tallied within 24 hours last race

karrotsishere

1. Who will take out the drivers challenge? M Purdon
  2. How many races will All Stars win? 5
  3. What will we all be talking about tomorrow that happens today if anything? M Purdon driving demolition & Copy Thats great win, driver B Orange sat still in home straight. Anything else anyone can add?
  4. What will the turnover be? Still unknown at this time
  5. How many Raceplace members will participate in Enteebees Zoom chat. To find out details go to his thread Cup Day Chat room. Unsure
  6. Who will win 2021 NZ CUP? Copy That
  7. Will someone outside the All Stars win the Sires? No. Congrats to a great win Franco Indie connections.
  8. Will Majestic Man get his 1st G1 glory today? Not today unfortunately. Nice 3rd.
  9. How will the start go in the NZ CUP? Good.
  10. Who will be at the head of this competitions leader board after todays racing ends? Will be updated next.

Comp results - Not a great day for ALL in the Comp today, we ALL end on a BIG FAT ZERO lol. Oh dear.

Show Day on Friday, we can do what Copy That did & redeem ourselves. 

Hope some got some money in their actual bets.

Copy That the King of the NZ CUP 2021.

CONGRATS to COPY THAT & connections ends the All Star NZ CUP march. 

king GIF

Everyone has gone quiet. Last post for the day. It was on the TV news. Here is a link to the article with the video on. Its interesting how they are all saying upset victory when he was the 2nd favourite lol. 

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/sport/2021/11/horse-racing-copy-that-wins-new-zealand-trotting-cup-at-addington-raceway.html

55 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Comp results - Not a great day for ALL in the Comp today, we ALL end on a BIG FAT ZERO lol. Oh dear.

Show Day on Friday, we can do what Copy That did & redeem ourselves. 

Hope some got some money in their actual bets.

Copy That the King of the NZ CUP 2021.

CONGRATS to COPY THAT & connections ends the All Star NZ CUP march. 

king GIF

Doesn't my multi qualify?😭

$100 Multi

R5 #8 Krug Win $1.80

R8 #4 Franco Indie Win $1.60

R11 #15 Self Assured Place 1.30

R12 #7 Dark Major Place $1.40

Return $524

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hesi said:

$100 Multi

R5 #8 Krug Win $1.80

Return $524

WINNER winner Chicken DINNER!!.  Self Assured picked to WIN all over the place , but HESI not so assured that would happen. A wise decision in the end. Well done !

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hesi said:

$100 Multi

R5 #8 Krug Win $1.80

Return $524

No, you got disqualyfied because none of your selections were paying over $2.00

Rule 14(b)(ii) Sub-section 2

And I'm in despair (8 leg multi, only missed on Bolt For Brilliance Win only .... buga)

Mike

Edited by Mike
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, karrotsishere said:
  1. Who will take out the drivers challenge? M Purdon
  2. How many races will All Stars win?c 5
  3. What will we all be talking about tomorrow that happens today if anything? M Purdon driving demolition & Copy Thats great win, driver B Orange sat still in home straight. Anything else anyone can add?
  4. What will the turnover be? Still unknown at this time
  5. How many Raceplace members will participate in Enteebees Zoom chat. To find out details go to his thread Cup Day Chat room. Unsure
  6. Who will win 2021 NZ CUP? Copy That
  7. Will someone outside the All Stars win the Sires? No. Congrats to a great win Franco Indie connections.
  8. Will Majestic Man get his 1st G1 glory today? Not today unfortunately. Nice 3rd.
  9. How will the start go in the NZ CUP? Good.
  10. Who will be at the head of this competitions leader board after todays racing ends? Will be updated next.

What will we all be talking about tomorrow that happens today if anything? M Purdon driving demolition & Copy Thats great win, driver B Orange sat still in home straight. Anything else anyone can add?

Where were all the people?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hesi said:

$100 Multi

R5 #8 Krug Win $1.80

Return $524

Oh my Hesi, there we have a leader after R1 & yes its you. Gee I do recall looking thru your picks too, BUT as soon as I saw Self Assured just put a cross of the multi BUT its for a PLACE not WIN! 

Well done. 

Mike is tots just joking, being cheeky monkey.

Going into the 2nd round we have leader on front tapes who been working on his race day fitness & gets a front line advantage. 

Hesi $524 front

Everyone else $0 10 metres behind

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Oh my Hesi, there we have a leader after R1 & yes its you. Gee I do recall looking thru your picks too, BUT as soon as I saw Self Assured just put a cross of the multi BUT its for a PLACE not WIN! 

Well done. 

Mike is tots just joking, being cheeky monkey.

Going into the 2nd round we have leader on front tapes who been working on his race day fitness & gets a front line advantage. 

Hesi $524 front

Everyone else $0 10 metres behind

I'm feeling good

I'm 2nd equal

Mike

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'm feeling good

I'm 2nd equal

Mike

Haha me too. 

Answer to Question 4

Turnover 2021 $5,386,748

Turnover 2020 $6,542,513

Copy That will not be going to Showday. This was announced a few days ago via the Lincoln Farms website regardless if win or loss. Too taxing on the horse.  

17 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

What will we all be talking about tomorrow that happens today if anything? M Purdon driving demolition & Copy Thats great win, driver B Orange sat still in home straight. Anything else anyone can add?

Well that was astoundingly eerily similar to 2015 Cup Day . That was the 'last time' that a Mark Purdon trained horse DID NOT win the Nz Cup. He won the next 5 years before yesterday.

Mark was 2nd with SMOLDA to the Aussie trained Arden Rooney in 2015 , after winning 5-6 races on the day including LAZARUS winning the Sires stakes Final at very short odds. 

Not enough 'Guns' in the MP army to pressure COPY THAT mid-race yesterday. Winner too good anyway.

• Like 1

What a tale. Karrots presents - a pretend synopsis for a TV show or movie. Based on real life events. 

Young Green sets sail on a ship containing a horse he is sailing with overseas. The seas are rough & a few dramas afloat transpire.

Arriving in Ireland, the tale shows young Green quickly gaining friends & experience in his new home. Also shows him doing what young lads do, spending any spare change from work at the pub.

Upon deciding he’s done his time there, he waved goodbye to his now life long mates & returned home back to NZ.

Now an older Green, at weanling sales with wife. 1 in particular caught her eye. “His walk”, she says. “I like his walk”. Green knowing the term “happy life, happy wife”. Buys the colt later to be known as Copy That for a cheap $7k. While other buyers are buying up large, spending $100k - 200k. They are not rich people so he is affordable for them. Upon entering the stall to check him after purchase he launches at her. Quickly shutting the door. Green is thinking - oh dear, this must be why we got him so cheap.

Upon bringing him home time, & time again, he tests the patience of Green. Green is at wits end with this horse.

Now we are at his 1st start, then his next, & next to no avail. Feeling nearly beat, Green gives him 1 last chance. He wins.

Still a mischief maker on the track he heads out again, with so much head gear he looks like he could be from Mars, but by now he has started to catch the eye of some in the industry.

To a point he has an offer from an overseas buyer, but Greens wife would like to keep the horse. Green empathically telling her “honey its not realistic, we are not rich people, this money will pay off the rest of our mortgage”. So eventually Greens wife sadly relents, but a deal is bargained that Green will continue to train the horse.

A year later & he is now favourite for the NZ CUP & he is still so young as his actual birth day is 15 Nov 2016. So he is actually still 3 & 3 y-o by a later rule that will pass. Tensions are high & it is excitement plus for the popular Green as its his 1st NZ Cup runner. Cup Day arrives the crowds pour onto the course. The energy is surreal.

5 minutes out from the start, 4 mins out, 3 mins out, 2 mins out, 1 min out, GO! Copy That is denied a fair start. The crowd is in dismay. The race forums ALL alight with “sack the starter”. Some of the drivers threaten to boycott Show Day if no action is taken. Its in NZ news, headline the (Shocking start which ruled out Cup favourite Copy That).

Within 72 hours the starter of many years has been let go.

The winner was the new Star of NZ Self Assured. As Green and his team watch on as Self Assured they take the winning honours. They soon depart the South Island, feeling deflated, but not defeated.

The new star shines so bright over the next 11 months. While Copy That and Green have their ups and downs.

By now a pandemic has re-taken hold of NZ, which has been forced back into lockdown. Business as normal is replaced with a new restricted way of life. Its NZ CUP time again, Green applies for a travel pass to South but is denied.

He holds the horse in the North, having an unconventional lead-up. The critics are harsh. Writing he won’t be ready for the distance of the Cup. Many have written off his chances.

Copy That flies solo a few days prior without his trainer.

The care-taker NZ leading driver  B Orange is so careful with the horse, wrapping the horse. He & 2 of his children checking regularly on Copy That. Then the big day arrives. They are so concerned for the welfare of the horse instead of putting him into a box that day, they opt for an open stall. Oranges children staying with the horse at all times, giving him love & attention - kisses & cuddles. But nature calls & they need to use the bathroom & eat. They briefly slip off. Upon their return they are in shock horror. The horse is lying on the ground. Looks dead. They panic, running to tell the team who are nearby. He’s on the ground, motionless. Frantically the others race into his stall to check. Is he dead? With a sign of relief, an eye opens, then another eye. Then he stands himself up. Checking over him, he appears ALL ok. He was just taking an uncharacteristic nap, hours before he was about to race.

During this time, the trainer of the Star & HOT fav last years winner Self Assured + the last past 7 ish years of NZ Cup has been winning with driving win after driving win after win. People are starting to talk. Punters are starting to take action. Self Assured is plunging in the betting even more. Cutting to Green at home the confidence is starting to fade. But he still has faith in his horse.

Cutting to lining up 5 mins to go, 4 mins to go, 3 mins to go, 2 mins to go. 1 min to go. All eyes on the start. GO!

They are off, Copy That is away albeit slightly slowly, Self Assured has made a great beginning & is ahead of Copy That. But within a split second & Self Assured is blocked in by Kango who has sweep left from the outside front row, cutting him off from going forward any further & in that exact moment Orange & Copy That sail on by forward. Forward towards the lead. Infront & Orange takes 10 looks behind him during the running, looking for the Star Self Assured, where is he, when is he coming for us? Just before a lap to go he makes his move. Laver punching up in the middle to make him work just that little bit extra, making him go 3 wide around a bend. Copy That picks up the pace. The tension is HIGH. The horses are starting to feel the effects of the mammoth 3200 along the back straight the final time. They are nearing for home. They turn for home. He is clear, he starts to run up the track, They are all on tired legs over the long distance. But the its clear the cup is his. Orange salutes as they sail across the line.

They cut to an interview with the trainer Green. Who is in tears.

“Our boy did it. He did it”. Green says. The Cup will go to the North. First time in years. The audience is stunned.

Ending a long reign on the NZ CUP of the Southern champion trainers the All Stars, Green & Copy That go into the NZ racing history books.

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

synopsis for a TV show or movie. Based on real life events.

We need a great motion picture Karrots , about harness racing.

Last week they had the Rachel Griffiths directed movie RIDE LIKE A GIRL broadcast in Oz for Melbourne Cup Day. about Michelle Payne winning the Melbourne Cup , with Teresa Palmer doing a great job as the young lady jockey.

Famous Kiwi actor Sam Neill played the role of her dad Paddy Payne. (only found out last week, the real Paddy Payne is a kiwi too) there's good kiwi horse-people everywhere.  

Hey are you gunna 'direct' the new Harness movie Karrots ?

or have you gone into 'hard training' , busting to play the Natalie Rasmussen role in the movie? 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

We need a great motion picture Karrots , about harness racing.

Hey are you gunna 'direct' the new Harness movie Karrots ?

or have you gone into 'hard training' , busting to play the Natalie Rasmussen role in the movie? 

Hahaha agree. Whilst out driving today was just still thinking about how emotional the win was to Green & all the drama that went with it. Its quite the story. 

But nah its my ex defacto, not me, that is the Hollywood TV director. Learnt quite a lot from him tho. He doesn't do movies, more TV commercials & the odd TV show. I do miss it. The excitement of the industry & the celebrities one meets, not NZ celebrities but USA ones. People are much more real here tho. That is for sure. 

Yes Harness needs a story. A good ending, heart warming one. 

5 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Sounds like you think the plot needs a bit of 50 shades of gray injected into it.

3 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Oh no not bird story again. I had come to conclusion bird story isn't true.

All movies have a bit of Fiction and Non fiction Karrots.

You can Leave it to 'HappyS' and 'Blue' to do the Editing and spice it up a bit for you. (to get higher ratings of course)

Meanwhile you better 'hone-up' your sulky skills behind the horse,  if you want to look the superior driver that Nat is , or do we have to Green screen.? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

You could get Matt Anderson, Mitchell Kerr and Jesse Alford to star in it and add some excitement. The old RIU could be involved to but the story is not about keystone cops is it and  would not be so heart warming.

Oh no . come on mate , this is a family movie, Karrots wants heart-warming ending. 

HESI could come in the Star role of successful punter.?  Only one getting anything here yesterday anyway lol.......

• Haha 1