The Race Place

INTERDOMINION 2021

Lightning Blue

and now that I submitted answer my parents got to know Mawson McPherson's wife and his daughter was in one of the same syndicates as me so I got to visit Sir Castleton when he was long retired and living on mash with his teeth well worn down - the foundation mare Highlands Gift was purchased as a sale when Mawson was filling in time while his first wife was shopping.  Of course we tried to win with a close relative Castleton's Mission but beaten a nose

6 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Brisbane is rocking as the Pom's are 5 out now in the Ashes. so feeling good and will throw in a bonus.

Therefore here's a late sneaky one for you (or others) just in case Robert is preparing dinner.

BONUS question : we were doing some trotters today. So Who is this horse and driver.? 2 pts

Bonus 2 : Who should of been driving it , if it wasn't for some bad luck.? 1 pt

apologies for sideways image.

DSC02568.JPG

Castleton's Pride driven by John Langdon.

Should have been driven by Charlie Hunter.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Therefore here's a late sneaky one for you (or others) just in case Robert is preparing dinner.

tough on Robert if he is cooking dinner - not sure what dinner is for me - I got a travel exemption to come to Auckland to provide support for my grandson who isnt very well in Starship - so I did the night shift and lucky to still be awake after he chatted much of the night - not always to me but some pretty noisy dreams 🙂

He is on the improve as the fever has broken - after a bone marrow transplant on Monday

6 minutes ago, Enteebee said:

I got to visit Sir Castleton when he was long retired and living on mash with his teeth well worn down

Now there is a great Interdominion horse !! He nearly got in three Grand Final Quinella's with the brilliant SCOTCH NOTCH and the late Graeme Lang. 

I got to see the Auckland one where they just missed Quinella , (Sir Castleton won the following year in Oz and Scotch Notch a 2nd Title after that.)

8 minutes ago, Double R said:

Should have been driven by Charlie Hunter.

So this is also the man who stopped the 'Three time'  Scotch Notch -Sir Castleton Interdom Trot Quinella .

Bonus on the Bonus!!  for the Enteebee- DoubleR shoot-out . Who was Charlie's horse that foiled them ?

3 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Now there is a great Interdominion horse !! He nearly got in three Grand Final Quinella's with the brilliant SCOTCH NOTCH and the late Graeme Lang. 

I got to see the Auckland one where they just missed Quinella , (Sir Castleton won the following year in Oz and Scotch Notch a 2nd Title after that.)

So this is also the man who stopped the 'Three time'  Scotch Notch -Sir Castleton Interdom Trot Quinella .

Bonus on the Bonus!!  for the Enteebee- DoubleR shoot-out . Who was Charlie's horse that foiled them ?

Jenner.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Brisbane is rocking as the Pom's are 5 out now in the Ashes. so feeling good and will throw in a bonus.

BONUS question : we were doing some trotters today. So Who is this horse and driver.? 2 pts

Bonus 2 : Who should of been driving it , if it wasn't for some bad luck.? 1 pt

apologies for sideways image.

DSC02568.JPG

A wild guess - Anthony Butt and Simon Katz ??

1 minute ago, Lightning Blue said:

Yes it's a dead Heat . Robert and Enteebee are on fire and hard to separate at the judges line.

Bonus on the BONUS bonus to break the dead-lock.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who were the Interdominion Pacing Final Dead heaters and drivers ?

George Noble and Doody Townley.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Enteebee said:

fell at the last hurdle 🙂 - bloody wicket review distratced me 

He hasn't named the 2 horses so get back going. and Why are you in a hurdle race ? lol.......

1 minute ago, Enteebee said:

fell at the last hurdle 🙂 - bloody wicket review distratced me 

No hurdles at Dunedin. 

Just now, Double R said:

Jay Ar and Robin Dundee.

Just Too Good .  (hang on he's a horse taking on Young Quinn) you are just too good as well Robert.

They must of used your Box Brownie as presented Jay Ar with the victory and did the presentation , then had to re-call the horses out again and put a sash on Robin Dundee as well , when the second photo finally came through.

They were very wide apart. 

DSC02569.JPG

Double R  and Enteebee having a great tussle like some of these Interdominion greats always did.

Robert getting the better of his younger less experienced rival late in the day !! lol..... 

so is further ahead in the points now.................

( DoubleR (robert) 22 pts, Enteebee  19 pts ,  Globe Derby 6 pts , Blackie 5 pts, Josias + Karrots  on 4 pts, PWJ  on 2 pts and Craigos 1 pt)

*Don't forget for Everyone get your exacta and trifecta picks ready for Grand Final day. The 2 Grand Finals will be worth some points and the Quiz INTERDOMINION winner will be declared straight after the Pacers Grand Final. 

Still deciding on exactly How many points to give yet . Possibly 12 for a correct order Trifecta, which would give you 6 for a correct Exacta as well.  On the 2 Interdominion Grand-Finals Saturday night at Menangle.. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Here’s one for you LB( or anyone else)

What pacer , after drawing 1 the second row in the first round of heats in an Addington Interdomion series, who followed out noted front runner Facta Non Verba, won and paid for Blackie’s new colour tele?

Western Light???

7 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Here’s one for you LB( or anyone else)

What pacer , after drawing 1 the second row in the first round of heats in an Addington Interdomion series, who followed out noted front runner Facta Non Verba, won and paid for Blackie’s new colour tele?

Neville Clarke better known for another fine Interdominion horse.

How you won on that is amazing. You deserve your colour tele for sure !!!