The Race Place

INTERDOMINION 2021

Lightning Blue

4 minutes ago, Double R said:

Hi LB.

I had Blacks A Fake as doing the clean sweep in 2010, when there were only two heats, which he won both, and the final.

Sounds a winner then. Perhaps I'm theMightyQuinn at Auckland was only 2 heats as well.

Smoken Up sort of did the same in a way the same year lol ! (before losing the final days later to the Mighty little Quinn) when Smoken Up disqualified after his GF win.

Edited by Lightning Blue

8 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Also a 'Manfred Man' song Karrots , quite a famous one . You'll not see nothin like the mighty .........

Never heard of them. 

6 minutes ago, Double R said:

Hi LB.

I had Blacks A Fake as doing the clean sweep in 2010, when there were only two heats, which he won both, and the final.

Oh goodie so I do get another point ? 😄

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Sounds a winner then. Perhaps I'm theMightyQuinn at Auckland was only 2 heats as well.

Smoken Up sort of did the same in a way the same year lol ! (before losing the final days later to the Mighty little Quinn) when Smoken Up disqualified after his GF win.

Correct LB.

There was only two heats in Auckland in 2011, when I'm The Mighty Quinn won.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

If more points up for grabs this guess. But Blacks a Fake? 

Yep , you are in with this one ok Karrots so 2 points for you so far . Ultimate Sniper and Blacks A Fake .

and 2 points Double R for Elsu and I'm TheMightyQuinn. 

the photo clue still up for grabs . If you remember who I put as best horse I have seen in the Q and A Karrots , here he is again .....

Inter Dominion Championships - Starters, Trainers, Drivers - 1936-1969

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lightning Blue said:

Yep , you are in with this one ok Karrots so 2 points for you so far . Ultimate Sniper and Blacks A Fake .

the photo clue still up for grabs . If you remember who I put as best horse I have seen in the Q and A Karrots , here he is again .....

Village Kid or Popular Alm?

4 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Village Kid..

Have new fun question for round. DR should be able to get this. Maybe they have some in the Auckland museum? 

At the Interdoms in Auckland 1987 who provided the branding/brewery for the liquor? 

This is very random BUT today, I stumbled upon a bottle of wine, INTERDOM wine - had a logo above the name of wine on it saying Interdominion Championships & a pic of a horse in sullky. Plus said 1987. Can you believe it lol. 

Edited by karrotsishere

5 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Other clean sweep winners were:

1947. Stormy Weather.

1962. James Scott.

1966. Chamfer Star.

1971. Stella Frost.

1973. Hondo Grattan.

1985. Preux Chevalier.

1986. Village Kid.

2 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Village Kid or Popular Alm?

Commitment Karrots .... commitment lol.....  clue Vinny Knight has/had a BIG Red Maltese cross on his colours lol......

Technically I have to accept your FIRST answer and it seems you are a minute ahead of Robert. 

So Karrots gets the point for Village kid who was sweeping the heats and GF at Albion Park 1986 in devastating fashion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Have new fun question for round. DR should be able to get this. Maybe they have some in the Auckland museum? 

At the Interdoms in Auckland 1987 who provided the branding/brewery for the liquor? 

This is very random BUT today, I stumbled upon a bottle of wine, INTERDOM wine - had a logo above the name of wine on it saying Interdominion Championships & a pic of a horse in sullky. Plus said 1987. Can you believe it lol. 

Karrots.

The 1987 Interdominions were in Christchurch.

1 minute ago, Double R said:

Other clean sweep winners were:

1947. Stormy Weather.

1962. James Scott.

1966. Chamfer Star.

1971. Stella Frost.

1973. Hondo Grattan.

1985. Preux Chevalier.

1986. Village Kid.

Very good Double R but because you answered your own question , (prior to 1975 clean sweepers) . I can't give you points.

But you do get the magnificent Preux Chevalier '1985 Moonee Valley Sweep' point. from my post Young Quinn question.

Karrots gets the Village Kid.

Lightning Blue gets Hondo Gratten and Chamfer Star from your question !!!  thanks Robert lol. feel free to post more.

4 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Lion Brown

See look Blakie got it. Wonder how Blackie knew? Whats the reasoning behind the wine/Lion Brown mystery ? Unless I got it wrong and it didn't say Auckland at all lol. I just thought I saw Auckland on the label somewhere.

Edited by karrotsishere

1 minute ago, Lightning Blue said:

Very good Double R but because you answered your own question , (prior to 1975 clean sweepers) . I can't give you points.

But you do get the magnificent Preux Chevalier '1985 Moonee Valley Sweep' point. from my post Young Quinn question.

Karrots gets the Village Kid.

Lightning Blue gets Hondo Gratten and Chamfer Star from your question !!!  thanks Robert lol. feel free to post more.

1 minute ago, karrotsishere said:

See look Blakie got it. Wonder how Blackie knew? Whats the reasoning behind the wine/Lion Brown mystery ? 

I think you will find karrots, that Lion Brown sponsored the series, and are picking that is the reason Lion would have been on the bottle.

• Like 1

some great work by Robert and Karrots has cleaned up the points and what a great lot of horses we honoured.

Points up-date then after naming some Interdominion Pacing Clean Sweepers .........

( Enteebee  15 pts , Double R  14 pts,  Globe Derby  6 pts , Josias + Blackie  + Karrots  all on 4 pts, Lightning Blue 2 pts and Craigos 1 pt)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Double R said:

I think you will find karrots, that Lion Brown sponsored the series, and are picking that is the reason Lion would have been on the bottle.

Yes that be it, will be made in Auckland lol. Not Interdoms in Auckland. And ok got it they sponsored series so on bottle 🤓

Point for Blakie for getting Karrots fun questions right 👍

17 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Yes that be it, will be made in Auckland lol. Not Interdoms in Auckland. And ok got it they sponsored series so on bottle 🤓

Point for Blakie for getting Karrots fun questions right 👍

A good Lion Brown helps Blackie get ahead of Karrots then lol.............

( Enteebee  15 pts , DoubleR  (robert) 14 pts,  Globe Derby 6 pts , Blackie 5 pts, Josias + Karrots  on 4 pts, Lightning Blue 2 pts and Craigos 1 pt)

• Haha 1