The Race Place

Pick 6 winners for $600, free to enter

Mike

On 1/16/2022 at 11:11 AM, karrotsishere said:

Ok so Remember Me for you if she come back for it & Lady of The Light if she doesn't 😄

I'll let it slide Karrots as I'm not worried about this entry (😁)

But I don't think there's a TAB option that says #3 unless it's scratched then I'll have #7"

Mikie

• Haha 1

On 1/16/2022 at 2:24 PM, karrotsishere said:

Same thing for you, if Bad To Bone comes back, he is your pick, if not then One Change. Be good if they update in Aus NZ news as both Remember Me & Bad to Bone altho not the number 1 age group they are both up there respectively. 

The way BTTB went in Aussie the other day I'm not sweating at all

Mikie

On 1/17/2022 at 12:27 PM, richie said:

NORTHERN OAKS - TRUE FANTASY

NORTHERN DERBY - AKUTA

THE RACE - KRUG

AUCKLAND CUP - SOUTH COAST ARDEN

ROWE CUP - SUNDEES SON

NZ ÇUP - SELF ASSURED

Now this entry I'm a little concerned about

Mikie

On 1/18/2022 at 7:56 AM, Rusty said:

Northern Oaks : True Fantasy

Northern Derby : Akuta

The Race: Akuta

Auckland Cup: B D Joe

Rowe Cup: Sundees Son

New Zealand Cup: Akuta!

Hi Rusty

With the new racedates out I d would be nervous about Akuta lining up in the NZ Cup

Isn't the NZ Derby a few weeks later?

I think he's the best I've seen since Lazarus so who knows

Mikie

6 hours ago, Mike said:

Hi Rusty

With the new racedates out I d would be nervous about Akuta lining up in the NZ Cup

Isn't the NZ Derby a few weeks later?

I think he's the best I've seen since Lazarus so who knows

Mikie

Excellent point.

I didn't even think about the new time frame for the NZ Derby. Just thought I would throw Akuta into the Cup selection, as I don't think anyone else did. He probably won't even start. A year too soon. But if he did, Purdon wouldn't do so, if he didn't think he would be a chance. 

I think Akuta will have an incredible record by the time he finishes up. Injury free hopefully. He is something else. 

• pete unpinned this topic

Approx a month away til Northern Oaks & Northern Derby 25 March - thought would take a look at everyones selections. Are some of us wishing we picked different horses or are we happy with our selections? Majority of us will go out should True Fantasy & Akuta not win.

Double R - True Fantasy & Akuta

Karrots - True Fantasy & Akuta

Taniwha - Lady of the Light & Franco Mac (Franco Mac nice 2nd in Millions)

Globe - Rank Outsider in both races (considering Magic 4 got up at 100-1 doesn’t seem like bad selections).

Happy - True Fantasy & Akuta

Lightening - A Bettor You & Akuta

Mike - True Fantasy & Akuta

Gospel - True Fantasy & Akuta

Craig - True Fantasy & Akuta

Richie - True Fantasy & Akuta

Gazzac - True Fantasy & Akuta

Rusty - True Fantasy & Akuta

Sir G - True Fantasy & Chimichurri

Winkles - True Fantasy & Akuta

Josias - True Fantasy & Akuta

Just Plodded - True Fantasy & Akuta

Dancing Show - Allegrea & Akuta

Gordy - True Fantasy & Akuta

I have Krug in The Race. After last night's run it might be cooked if it doesn't have a break beforehand.

Akuta's superstar tag a bit fragile and True Fantasy is heading the way of Better Twist. 

Winning the 600 dollar prize is more difficult than......

A)....getting rid of the protestors outside parliament

B)....reopening Forbury

C) seeing the winning post at Rangiora

D) organising a Raceplace member's BBQ with karrots' old girlfriends

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I have Krug in The Race. After last night's run it might be cooked if it doesn't have a break beforehand.

Akuta's superstar tag a bit fragile and True Fantasy is heading the way of Better Twist. 

A)....getting rid of the protestors outside parliament

B)....reopening Forbury

C) seeing the winning post at Rangiora

A.....I have a way but I'd end up in jail (again)

B.........impossible

C......easy fix

D.......I'm a starter

Edited by Mike
  • Haha 2

You guys are hilariousness 🤣

Yea Akuta did lose some of his shine. As he had no excuses & was gifted lead by stablemate. Franco Indie who had perhaps an excuse as had to burn early. Akuta may have been sick, recall a virus going around Auckland/Waikato region ...

Im happy to sick with him for Derby. That will be his test.

Krug, gee just read 1st 400 was in 24 & change. Holly hecka. No wonder he ran out of gas. 

On 2/20/2022 at 10:16 AM, Happy Sunrise said:

Overseas media have asked question & reported on it, which PM has shoot down rumour. Suddenly yesterday as per MSN article it was all over internet, but lots of different rumours some quite far-fetched. Noticably, suddenly Clarke was back on Twitter after going MIA & suddenly yesterday PM broke silence on it. Many peeps online were saying yesterday was D Day. Like he going to get off yesterday or something was meant to happen. Anyway,

Interesting a site has posted about different rumours. The 1 I heard was the most basic & more believable. (Not related to protestors). My friend whom told me is also still friends with B H Smith, whom I also know. 

The story about The Pony club is true. That is where Karrots old girlfriends & Karrots used to go. (so guys you needed to back in the day go there lol). To be honest, didnt know the doorman was that dude K Sroubek. Nor did I hear of any drug users or drug use there. (but wouldn't surprise me). 

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/jacinda-s-team-breaks-silence-on-vicious-rumour-about-her-lover-clarke/ar-AAU8Uvz

https://uncensored.co.nz/2022/02/21/clarke-gayford-home-detention-rumours-where-is-he/

Edited by karrotsishere

1 hour ago, karrotsishere said:

Overseas media have asked question & reported on it, which PM has shoot down rumour. Suddenly yesterday as per MSN article it was all over internet, but lots of different rumours some quite far-fetched. Noticably, suddenly Clarke was back on Twitter after going MIA & suddenly yesterday PM broke silence on it. Many peeps online were saying yesterday was D Day. Like he going to get off yesterday or something was meant to happen. Anyway,

Interesting a site has posted about different rumours. The 1 I heard was the most basic & more believable. (Not related to protestors). My friend whom told me is also still friends with B H Smith, whom I also know. 

The story about The Pony club is true. That is where Karrots old girlfriends & Karrots used to go. (so guys you needed to back in the day go there lol). To be honest, didnt know the doorman was that dude K Sroubek. Nor did I hear of any drug users or drug use there. (but wouldn't surprise me). 

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/jacinda-s-team-breaks-silence-on-vicious-rumour-about-her-lover-clarke/ar-AAU8Uvz

https://uncensored.co.nz/2022/02/21/clarke-gayford-home-detention-rumours-where-is-he/

I am not sure what the Prime Minister's personal status has got to do with this harness thread?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Double R said:

I am not sure what the Prime Minister's personal status has got to do with this harness thread?

1 hour ago, Hesi said:

I can recall a few people came over to this site, because they got fed up with, one person in particular, corrupting threads on another site

Would of posted on Covid thread but its been shut down now. Globe had initially brought it up, and then I mentioned something when I had heard. People were saying why had they not seen anything in news about it. Well here it is.

Seemed like that thread had gone on for way longer than I was around.

Lets see out of 1300 posts of made Id say approx 99.5-99.9% are on subject & to do with racing.

Was replying to Happys get Karrots old friends together. Did you ask what has that got to do with this thread?

You & Hesi & Craig can generate convo for a while then for the peeps. Cause Im a bit drained of it.

Have fun.

17 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Would of posted on Covid thread but its been shut down now. Globe had initially brought it up, and then I mentioned something when I had heard. People were saying why had they not seen anything in news about it. Well here it is.

Seemed like that thread had gone on for way longer than I was around.

Lets see out of 1300 posts of made Id say approx 99.5-99.9% are on subject & to do with racing.

Was replying to Happys get Karrots old friends together. Did you ask what has that got to do with this thread?

You & Hesi & Craig can generate convo for a while then for the peeps. Cause Im a bit drained of it.

Have fun.

This is not BOAY, it is not my role or Pete's or anyone else to generate or manufacture conversation.  People post as they feel they have something to say, preferably on racing, as it is a racing site.

The site is for the community here to make the play

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hesi said:

This is not BOAY, it is not my role or Pete's or anyone else to generate or manufacture conversation.  People post as they feel they have something to say, preferably on racing, as it is a racing site.

The site is for the community here to make the play

There are many different “other” topics that get posted here e.g. Music thread, a topic on DNA, Hamilton crime etc.

I barely post on those ‘other threads’.

No disrespect, but the site still doesn’t have the numbers to not have 2 or 3 regular enthusiastic posters.

A bit offended that Enteebee you have liked Hesi’s comment. Considering recently, I stuck up for you & asked for the Harness side to be shut down temp mainly out of concern for you. Even when you kind of crossed a line.

Think if someone posts majority of time on subject, then the odd thing should be overlooked. No one is perfect.

Im prob snappy atm as moving back to North America SOON! So friggen exciting, so got lots to organise (stressful).

Once back in another hempishere, most likely won’t be posting much anyway. Prob won’t get to go to winners circle with Sweetie as won’t be around. Arggh after all this time waiting!

Another who contributes, generates/drives a lot of traffic & convo is Lightening. Hence made sure to stick up for him recently in his battle (difference of opinion Happy/Rusty/Enteebee), no matter whose side I was on. Just his overall contributions, not to be ignored. I believe he followed me over here, as did some others. 

In the age of social media, you need regular conversation & current & CONSTANT convo. HOWEVER not when it is sensitive, so I applaud this site & also Enteebee Owners Facebook Page, whom recently respectfully did not post & remained in silence. However days LATER when another site found out the situation, sadly instantly plastered private info out to the world.

Enjoys talking amongst yourself. I got some packing to do. Adios Amigos

Karrots

2 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Adios Amigos

Karrots

ojala verte de nuevo cuando tengas tiempo

(in English)

ojala = hope / god willing

verte = to see you

de nuevo = again

cuando = when

tengas = future to have (you), i.e you will have

tiempo = time 

Edited by mardigras
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Im prob snappy atm as moving back to North America SOON! So friggen exciting,

Been a pleasure having you aboard Karrots. Now don't forget to say hello to Hugh Hefner for me and don't forget to send those pics.:classic_wink:. All the best in your nxt stage of life, and if you get to California send me some picks from the classic car and hot rod shows they have. 👍.

• Like 1