The Race Place

Thursday Trivia

PWJ

18 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

Has to be either Skelton bros, or Brent Thompson. Surely. ??

No Skeltons but we have already established Brent Thomson rode in the race - but which horse ? Clue: it finished 2nd

18 hours ago, von Smallhaussen said:

Okay we have had D Walsh and B Compton listed against a horses name that was wrong. But did they ride in the race?

Also throw in D Moseley?

No Dianne or Walshie but Compton did ride a horse from Te Rapa

18 hours ago, ngakonui grass said:

My guesses today

R Lang

W Cardwell

H Mathews.

still more on the books but running out quick.

PWJ i watched a 2021 interview with Maryliyn McCOO and her husband.Aged 79 she still looks good but i think if she had chosen me with all my tenderness and love to offer she would look even better.

Mainly discussed Laura Nyro songs with Wedding Bell Blues getting the most attention.

Billy was looking a bit frail so theres still a chance for me.

Love it NG. You'll have to get past me first !

Bill Cardwell rode the Rocky Mountain horse Igneous - well done

No, to the other pair

17 hours ago, Dancing Show said:

Also...

Lance Douglas

Noel Riordan

No. Just two jockeys left to find but one was a Champion and I think the other rode 3 winners on his first day of race riding if I recall correctly

3 hours ago, ngakonui grass said:

Ross Elliot on 2nd thoughts Peter Hurdle.

Peter Hurdle it is. Was aboard Colin Cooksley's Marie Kay

One jockey left. Here's a big clue. When I was General Manager of Stoney Bridge this chap was the gardener !

1 hour ago, Dancing Show said:

I thought that was David Peake, but I think Max said the Peka earlier.     Anyway I'll say him again 🙂 

Not sure what Max said, must have been gibberish... Yes it was D.A. Peake...a gentleman and a Champion Jock. He was aboard Fred Phillips (of Matangi fame), Tonic Time

1 hour ago, PWJ said:

Not sure what Max said, must have been gibberish... Yes it was D.A. Peake...a gentleman and a Champion Jock. He was aboard Fred Phillips (of Matangi fame), Tonic Time

bad attitude, PJ.. Max said David Peake on Tonic Time and was correct. Hrrmmpphh!! The world seems to be pickin' on the poor Mustelid so I will have to convince the delightful Mrs W to lure me away on 3 days RnR where Maxi's Every Need will be catered to.

MM

PS: If Mrs W objects the Mustelid will be heading to Craig's for a wild weekend of great music and if he objects, Max will have to reside with the Brown Fox.

Edited by Maximus