The Race Place

Thursday Trivia

PWJ

Blimey not many left to guess with the running going in the right direction, looks more like a market than a racetrack 🙂  ..  a christmas market!    Does have a Tauherenikau look about it doesn't it, but their saddling stalls aren't positioned like that are they?   More concrete and a walking circle.   Been so long since I went to a meeting there .. sadly.. 🙂 

Woodville is out 🙂   So next up the line is Waipuk?  ..  the buildings and roofs are the right colour 🙂  ... not sure if the straight has that rise in it towards the finishing post though.

3 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

Blimey not many left to guess with the running going in the right direction, looks more like a market than a racetrack 🙂  ..  a christmas market!    Does have a Tauherenikau look about it doesn't it, but their saddling stalls aren't positioned like that are they?   More concrete and a walking circle.   Been so long since I went to a meeting there .. sadly.. 🙂 

Woodville is out 🙂   So next up the line is Waipuk?  ..  the buildings and roofs are the right colour 🙂  ... not sure if the straight has that rise in it towards the finishing post though.

You got it ! Waipuk ! Raced there a couple of times. Very friendly club and a great pie shop in town !

• Like 1

Did you know 🙂  I'm quite excited about this, that there is a European Beach Racing Association for thoroughbreds that race from June through to October and it's run by the EMHF.    I think it would be fantastic to go to 🙂  they are staged all over the place in Europe and the Mediterranean, Laytown in Ireland and Spain, Germany and France.    So given the tanker which is incredibly large and close, I'm going to go for the meeting at Cuxhaven, Germany ?

• Like 1

Just now, Dancing Show said:

Did you know 🙂  I'm quite excited about this, that there is a European Beach Racing Association for thoroughbreds that race from June through to October and it's run by the EMHF.    I think it would be fantastic to go to 🙂  they are staged all over the place in Europe and the Mediterranean, Laytown in Ireland and Spain, Germany and France.    So given the tanker which is incredibly large and close, I'm going to go for the meeting at Cuxhaven, Germany ?

That was on the same list I found Maria. Also mentioned is Sanlucar de Barrameda  Spain

• Like 1

The horse and rider with the two people standing next them, he has some sort of hoop in his hand . The pole sticking out of the ground on their right has some type of round brush attached at different levels.

Could it be some sort of race (not yr typical TB race) to somehow chase someone to get the hoop over the pole. Looks a bit basque to me. 

32 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

oops I see PJ said race... so I might need to say the Duhner-Wattrennen races?   🙂 💃

• Like 1