The Race Place

Thursday Trivia

PWJ

5 minutes ago, PWJ said:

Yes right on both counts Maria. Well done. You got the name and the race at Duhnen near Cuxhaven in Northern Germany. 5 hour endurance event apparently on the sand

Talking about endurance, when I was looking at places for this I came across the Mongol Derby in Mongolia, a 1000km race over all different terrain, and I see that Annabel Neasham won it previously.    Quite an achievement.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, PWJ said:

Yes right on both counts Maria. Well done. You got the name and the race at Duhnen near Cuxhaven in Northern Germany. 5 hour endurance event apparently on the sand

That was the only one off the list I didn't post. Can we have half a point each.lol

47 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Thats American quarter horse chariot racing in probably Ogdan, Utah at the Weber Valley Fairgrounds

Spot on Rees. Knew you would get it. Cowboy country ! As you know I lived there for a while. Love the Wasatch Range in the background. One of my favourite haunts

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

Looking at those silks, I'll have a stab at Koiro Trelay and that could be Trentham I think.

That is the great Koiro Trelay .....and if that is Trentham (and you would be the ideal person for that Maria 😁 ) you're well on your way to getting the Treble too, that Koiro Trelay attempted ? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dancing Show said:

He won the New Zealand Cup and Wellington Cup 🙂    1981 Melbourne Cup being the third?

I think you are correct Maria. 10th was his lot in the Melbourne Cup. My good friend Malcolm - now in his 90s living in Sydney - was Mr Cannings advisor and planned the mating. Terrific horse

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

That is the great Koiro Trelay .....and if that is Trentham (and you would be the ideal person for that Maria 😁 ) you're well on your way to getting the Treble too, that Koiro Trelay attempted ? 

Okay LB, here is one for you. Where did Koiro Trelay go to stud and did he leave anything of note ? Here is a pic of the farm today - the farm he ended his stud career at (I thought i would specify).

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PWJ said:

Okay LB, here is one for you. Where did Koiro Trelay go to stud and did he leave anything of note ? Here is a pic of the farm today - the farm he ended his stud career at (I thought i would specify).

Capture.JPG

lol . well from a quick look at a TB Sales Catelogue it says Koiro Trelay best off-spring as a sire was a Group 3 winner. But don't know who that was. 

The scenery looks like Aus in the background , but the young 'Balding at young age' man walking the dog and 'without a hat' as well makes me think somewhere in NZ based on that criteria . 😁😂

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

lol . well from a quick look at a TB Sales Catelogue it says Koiro Trelay best off-spring as a sire was a Group 3 winner. But don't know who that was. 

The scenery looks like Aus in the background , but the young 'Balding at young age' man walking the dog and 'without a hat' as well makes me think somewhere in NZ based on that criteria . 😁😂

KT went to stud in NZ originally but this was his final home. Which sales catalogue are you looking at LB ?

25 minutes ago, PWJ said:

KT went to stud in NZ originally but this was his final home. Which sales catalogue are you looking at LB ?

was looking at a Jan 2021 Inglis on-line sale where lot 20 Mellors had the dam of Koiro Trelay in it's pedigree . paste >>

5th dam

CORRIEONZO, by Alonzo (GB). 4 wins from 8¼f to 11f in NZ. Half-sister to GOLDEN DEFAULTER. Dam of 5 foals, 3 to race, 2 winners, inc:-

Corrieann. Raced twice. Dam of 2 winners-

KOIRO TRELAY (c Trelay) 12 wins-3 at 2-from 1000m to 3200m, NZ$122,965, A$500, New Zealand Cup, Gr.1, Wellington Cup, Gr.1, Manawatu Cup, Gr.3, Hawke's Bay Guineas, L, Marton JC TG Taylor Memorial H., Feilding JC Goodbehere Memorial H., Woodville DJC President's H., Otaki Maori RC President's H., Rangitikei H., Manawatu RC Santa Rosa S., 3d Wellington Cup, Gr.1, Pahiatua WFA S., Gr.3. Sire.

46 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

was looking at a Jan 2021 Inglis on-line sale where lot 20 Mellors had the dam of Koiro Trelay in it's pedigree . paste >>

5th dam

CORRIEONZO, by Alonzo (GB). 4 wins from 8¼f to 11f in NZ. Half-sister to GOLDEN DEFAULTER. Dam of 5 foals, 3 to race, 2 winners, inc:-

Corrieann. Raced twice. Dam of 2 winners-

KOIRO TRELAY (c Trelay) 12 wins-3 at 2-from 1000m to 3200m, NZ$122,965, A$500, New Zealand Cup, Gr.1, Wellington Cup, Gr.1, Manawatu Cup, Gr.3, Hawke's Bay Guineas, L, Marton JC TG Taylor Memorial H., Feilding JC Goodbehere Memorial H., Woodville DJC President's H., Otaki Maori RC President's H., Rangitikei H., Manawatu RC Santa Rosa S., 3d Wellington Cup, Gr.1, Pahiatua WFA S., Gr.3. Sire.

That is just the race record for KT. In fact he never left a stakes horse in NZ, the best being a Vercoe Steeplechase winner at Te Rapa named Trelays Joshua and a useful hurdler named Master Brin.

• Like 1