The Race Place

NRL 2023 Comp Round 24

Hesi

$240 NRL bet this week to anyone who correctly picks 8 correct results.  Draws included, but it is after 80 min, no extra time.  If you are good enough to pick a draw after 80 minutes, then it becomes too much luck with golden point, so should be rewarded.  Jackpots each week by $20.  Please note prize shared in the unlikely event more than one picks correctly

2.  Richie will put up a $10 multi bet on the NRL the following week to the person picking the most correct results, shared if more than one.  Can only be claimed if no one hits my jackpot

Warriors have next 3 games in NZ against the 11, 16 and 17 the teams, and only an away game against the Dolphins

image.thumb.png.6dd68b74ccbee67f8f6e366973451b47.png

1 hour ago, Hesi said:

$240 NRL bet this week to anyone who correctly picks 8 correct results.  Draws included, but it is after 80 min, no extra time. 

Sneaking along quietly hoping for a Brisbane Broncos - Brisbane Lions double Premiership in a few weeks time. Both are going along great guns, so a fair chance of victory.

Don't mind a Nz Warriors Win at all either though. Great form by the kiwi lads and yet another easy win this week is looming on horizon.

8 wins = piece of cake mate ?. 😆

Pouncing Panthers, Mighty Broncos, Terrific Titans, Ripping Rabbitohs, Wonder Warriors, Dancing Dolphins, Lightning Storm , noble Knights

3 hours ago, richie said:

Globederby has passed his $10 bet onto Rusty who now has $20 to spend.Rusty you can either have a $20 bet or 2 $10 bets

Thanks Richie, and thank you Globe, no pressure at all lol

Let's give this a crack please... 

One $20 multi bet - 

To go on the 6 teams that both Globe and I agree on, and think will win this weekend: 

1 - Panther

2 - Bronco

3- Warrior

4- Rooster 

5 - Raider 

6 - Knight 

And if that rolls home, I'll make a donation to the Riding for the Disabled organisation in Christchurch. They're a great team of people there, and it brings much joy and confidence to many young children facing their own battles and challenges, so let's get this multi home!! 

Thanks again. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Question for Hesi re the Finals and your $300 prize.

Open to all comers or are you limiting it to previous entrants only?????

MM

All comers, separate comp really, it is not as though it has cost previous entrants anything.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Maximus said:

p'raps not...but a lot of peeps will be interested in a $300 reward who won't/can't be bothered entering week in,week out, if you catch my drift.

MM

Com'on Max .Where's ya competitive spirit in your drifting ?? 

I don't want Hesi's money. Just thought he was calling entries on a one week comp by the sound of it , that's all. 

Who wants to have a comp without entries??  I've contributed heaps on plenty of forums .including running comps for fun many times. I'm retired and enter plenty of comps for Fun ? 

I thought it would be fun to cheer on the Broncs anfd Titans and Dolphins from QLD here for a week . Can the entry Hesi . I've found some old Nz money now you mentioned it so don't need any more lol 😁💰  

Only old paper notes though from way back leaving nz 😂.  Do ya need a loan mate ? 😆 (could only get 93c in the dollar for them here 💰😊)

DSC03049.JPG

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Black Caviar said:

Can't see any of the favourites getting rolled this week!

At first glance, it certainly looks that way doesn't it. 

But then I got thinking. 

The Storm are my team and I've been a big fan of theirs since day 1. But the Raiders have me worried this week, and massive "overs" in the market in my opinion. They have a great recent record in Melbourne too, winning their last five games at AAMI Park against the Storm. 

The other thing too, is some teams that are out of the playoff race, with no chance of making the top 8, will start playing fearless footy, throwing it around and having some fun with no pressure on them. Opposed to teams on the border line of making the 8, playing more structured, careful footy, trying bloody hard to get a win, get the 2 comp points and survive the playoff hunt for another week. 

Throw in this time of the season, where almost all key players are carrying niggling injuries (but still playing), and a few surprises are always on offer here. 

Been a great season, and this comp has given a bit of added interest along the way so thanks to everyone involved!

13 hours ago, Rusty said:

At first glance, it certainly looks that way doesn't it. 

But then I got thinking. 

The Storm are my team and I've been a big fan of theirs since day 1. But the Raiders have me worried this week, and massive "overs" in the market in my opinion. They have a great recent record in Melbourne too, winning their last five games at AAMI Park against the Storm. 

The other thing too, is some teams that are out of the playoff race, with no chance of making the top 8, will start playing fearless footy, throwing it around and having some fun with no pressure on them. Opposed to teams on the border line of making the 8, playing more structured, careful footy, trying bloody hard to get a win, get the 2 comp points and survive the playoff hunt for another week. 

Throw in this time of the season, where almost all key players are carrying niggling injuries (but still playing), and a few surprises are always on offer here. 

Been a great season, and this comp has given a bit of added interest along the way so thanks to everyone involved!

Happy with the Storm. They have won the last seven of eight at AAMI. Hughes and Grant were amazing in round 22.

Great to hear Storm are your team. I was living in Melbourne when they kicked off. Used to go to Olympic Park every week.

15 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

Com'on Max .Where's ya competitive spirit in your drifting ?? 

I don't want Hesi's money. Just thought he was calling entries on a one week comp by the sound of it , that's all. 

Who wants to have a comp without entries??  I've contributed heaps on plenty of forums .including running comps for fun many times. I'm retired and enter plenty of comps for Fun ? 

I thought it would be fun to cheer on the Broncs anfd Titans and Dolphins from QLD here for a week . Can the entry Hesi . I've found some old Nz money now you mentioned it so don't need any more lol 😁💰  

Only old paper notes though from way back leaving nz 😂.  Do ya need a loan mate ? 😆 (could only get 93c in the dollar for them here 💰😊)

DSC03049.JPG

If the pool has not been struck, then it will be the same format(win, lose, no draws this time as there are no draws in finals footy), for the 9 games of the finals(McIntyre system).  If no one picks 9 results successfully, then it will be the person with the most winners, prize shared if tied