The Race Place

Spring Super Comp Draft 8.00pm NZ time (6.00 pm Oz time) tonight Tues Aug 18

PWJ

Woo hoo. Pumped after seeing that result,literally, after getting home. 

Some beautiful analysts among my team especially with the Aussie races.

Welcome aboard team, especially now I can play alongside bro , Gary just down the road, B Squirrel and Moose. Cant wait.

I shall try to pick up my game after a very disappointing  comp just finished,and will have to ,againsted Jen first up. 

Interesting comp coming up.

Thanks PJ, you are a legend.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Say No More said:

Nice.  I was born and bred in Featherston.  Went to college in Masterton.  Tin Hut was my local and Tauherenikau where I cut my teeth on these frustrating creatures.

Let me guess. Rathkeale College. The Tin Hutt closed down for a while, it was very run down. I did plenty of gas installs in the kitchen while it was owned and run by a guy who batted for the other side. Its up and running again and they have the Blues club play there on selected dates.

9 hours ago, Say No More said:

Haha no - almost the polar opposite.  We disliked Rathkeale with a passion - it was of course mostly fueled by jealously.

They had one of the nicer cricket grounds I played on.

The other two I recall were Makora College and St Joseph's, the latter's rugby ground being famous as the site of Maxi's only try-saving tackle. The poor Mustelid, the only defender in sight, went low (coach's orders!) - and got his right arm caught between the villain's legs going very quickly down the right wing sideline. Crowd of three went wild as the flying St Joe's winger hit the deck and into touch at 100 miles an hour. We lost 86-0.

Edited by Maximus

thanks for pick pete we have a good team there

only trouble got max first up hopefully i can pull a superior move

lucky i didnt go for captain had an early night would of been asleep by the time it finished

we have just moved from the rapa a year in cambridge so settled in but lived in carterton for 20 odd years and lake ferry before that

41 minutes ago, sharne said:

thanks for pick pete we have a good team there

only trouble got max first up hopefully i can pull a superior move

lucky i didnt go for captain had an early night would of been asleep by the time it finished

we have just moved from the rapa a year in cambridge so settled in but lived in carterton for 20 odd years and lake ferry before that

Always good to have you on the team Sharne.

Don't worry about Max. He's out of form.

• PWJ unpinned this topic

Recuperating after a short stint in hospital this week for a procedure so time on my hands.

Here's some interesting data harvesting relevant to the draft teams. I took the median score for each player from the two most recent Super comps. In most cases this encompasses people's past 21 individual scores. I took the median rather than the average because some player's overall performance is distorted by a few one-off exceptionally high (or low) weekly scores. Makes for some interesting reading. The figure after the team name is the "average" median. Dino is "fresh-up" of course so the Blackbookers average was that of the other 4 players.

MAXISQUILLIONS (228) vs SUPERIORS (193)

Max (237) v Sharne (186)

Georgy Boy (206) v Pete (171)

Rob (271) v Mardy (231)

Graeme (207) v Punter Pete (170)

Heather (219) v Steve P (207)

BLACKBOOKERS (239) vs TOO FAST (192)

Richie (221) v Rex (163)

Dino (-) v Geoff (274)

Maurice (248) v Gee (108)

Midnight C (292) v Howie (214)

PJ (194) v Robert (201)

REAPERS (191) vs DAYLIGHT (179)

Tom (150) v Ian (203)

Hesi (210) v The Crucible (189)

Roland (175) v Pam (130)

Craig (206) v John (200)

Jack (215) v Ray (173)

NO EYE DEER (163) vs PUMPED (168)

Porky (217) v Ziggy (154)

Gordy (147) v Blind Squirrel (234)

Jen (77) v Rees (96)

Stevie N (194) v Gary (189) 

Ashoka (178)  v Moose (167)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PWJ said:

Recuperating after a short stint in hospital this week for a procedure so time on my hands.

Here's some interesting data harvesting relevant to the draft teams. I took the median score for each player from the two most recent Super comps. In most cases this encompasses people's past 21 individual scores. I took the median rather than the average because some player's overall performance is distorted by a few one-off exceptionally high (or low) weekly scores. Makes for some interesting reading. The figure after the team name is the "average" median. Dino is "fresh-up" of course so the Blackbookers average was that of the other 4 players.

MAXISQUILLIONS (228) vs SUPERIORS (193)

Max (237) v Sharne (186)

Georgy Boy (206) v Pete (171)

Rob (271) v Mardy (231)

Graeme (207) v Punter Pete (170)

Heather (219) v Steve P (207)

BLACKBOOKERS (239) vs TOO FAST (192)

Richie (221) v Rex (163)

Dino (-) v Geoff (274)

Maurice (248) v Gee (108)

Midnight C (292) v Howie (214)

PJ (194) v Robert (201)

REAPERS (191) vs DAYLIGHT (179)

Tom (150) v Ian (203)

Hesi (210) v The Crucible (189)

Roland (175) v Pam (130)

Craig (206) v John (200)

Jack (215) v Ray (173)

NO EYE DEER (163) vs PUMPED (168)

Porky (217) v Ziggy (154)

Gordy (147) v Blind Squirrel (234)

Jen (77) v Rees (96)

Stevie N (194) v Gary (189) 

Ashoka (178)  v Moose (167)

We don't have a prayer on Saturday then.

My table is interesting but it doesn't tell the full story of course. You can have two players with very similar ratings but different score spreads. Take Max and Blind Squirrel.

Max (237) 

best score - 694

worst score - 0 (twice)

sub 150 scores - 9

plus 300 scores - 7

wins - 10

Blind Squirrel (234)

best score - 493

worst score - 51

sub 150 scores - 3 

plus 300 scores - 4

wins - 14

I should add that the data only includes Round-robin play and not the Autumn Finals matches

Max a hit or miss competitor against the consistency of the Squirrel

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PWJ said:

My table is interesting but it doesn't tell the full story of course. You can have two players with very similar ratings but different score spreads. Take Max and Blind Squirrel.

Max (237) 

best score - 694

worst score - 0 (twice)

sub 150 scores - 9

plus 300 scores - 7

wins - 10

Blind Squirrel (234)

best score - 493

worst score - 51

sub 150 scores - 3 

plus 300 scores - 4

wins - 14

I should add that the data only includes Round-robin play and not the Autumn Finals matches

Max a hit or miss competitor against the consistency of the Squirrel

Max hit or miss.

Love it.

6 hours ago, Say No More said:

Yes St Joseph's merged with St Bride's to become Chanel College (at the St Joseph's site), which is where I went (not long after the merger).

We were the poor cousins in town and Makoura the even poorer cousins.  Wairarapa College is the biggest college in town.

Nothing has changed there. Except the Trinity Schools Rathkeale,(co-ed)St Mathews( girls), and Hadlow(junior co-ed) have far bigger numbers than Wairarapa College.

Makoura got the nickname as the School for thieves unfortunately,  but has tidied itself up since nearly closing down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Say No More said:

Crikey looks like a 4-1 win to the Reapers 😂😂

I’ve got a horrendous first up record (and overall) so I’m thinking 5-zip

I can see the Hesinator playing the “J” man against us, they’ll be looking to reap the benefits no doubt, the stats don’t lie😎

Crikey these super duper comps are getting technical lucky I have a bachelors degree in answering to my wife🤨

Going by the above stats it’s a Maxisquillions v Blackbookers GF!!!

Stevie son everyone will be lining up to play their Joker against you lot, coz it certainly looks like you guys have No Idea