The Race Place

Winter Draft Comp Results Thread

pete

10 minutes ago, Say No More said:

Well done Formidables - always great to see that play come off.

Perhaps should have tried it sooner!? 

You sowed the seed for it a few comps back,  I was in yr team. Just no one back then had the balls to try it. I remember we were chasing the pack then as well and won big time. It can also go horribly wrong. Our picker shall remain anonymous, eh PJ.:classic_wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the comp PJ appreciate the time you give up to run this comp cheers

Great total Roland brilliant selecting, Congratulations Hesi and the rest of the Dream Weavers and good luck in the Semi’s a Why Worry? Dream Weavers final looms all the best to the other teams as well

• Like 3

ah yes the Team Tactics come up short again ..no harm trying and a Formidable performance today but it is fraught with danger and I see no Formidables in the Final Analysis.

My view will always be that you should back yourself  to beat your opponent and trust your team-mates to do the same - with no team talks, conferences or whatever influencing selections ... I jut LOVE the fact that Jen/Graeme/Sharne/Rob/.. etc we don't need to talk to anyone else (incl each other) to decide our strategy or picks ... even when a Playoffs berth is on the line.

Looking forward to next week!

12 hours ago, VC! said:

Thanks for the comp PJ appreciate the time you give up to run this comp cheers

Great total Roland brilliant selecting, Congratulations Hesi and the rest of the Dream Weavers and good luck in the Semi’s a Why Worry? Dream Weavers final looms all the best to the other teams as well

Thanks for the match Ian and your team.  Sorry about Roland's little demolition job, he has a knack of doing that.

Well played Dreamers, going to be a tough nut next week with Maxi and his Kool Kats

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

You sowed the seed for it a few comps back,  I was in yr team. Just no one back then had the balls to try it. I remember we were chasing the pack then as well and won big time. It can also go horribly wrong. Our picker shall remain anonymous, eh PJ.:classic_wink:

A bit of a clue posted earlier???

Yeah well done with the idea Rees

Little Weasels have gone off to Sunday School so captain Maximus takes this moment of peace to report on events of yesterday, in no particular order.

Rugby . The ABs were cabbage. Prob the worst handling display I've seen from them in years.

Winter Comp. Pleasant surprise to see the Kool Kats got up in a tight finish with the Found Marbles; only Sharne's brill BB Quinella in the last saved our bacon. Well played, Marblers.

Overall, we KKs deserve our spot in the Fab Four and hopefully can put in a top team effort next week (without employing certain 'group strategies' adopted Formidably yesterday by a team that failed to qualify! LOL).

Many thanks as always to PJ for the scores and timely updates that make these Comps so much fun.

Must awa' ...Mrs W is shakin her tailfeather in that provocative way again ...

MM

31 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Little Weasels have gone off to Sunday School so captain Maximus takes this moment of peace to report on events of yesterday, in no particular order.

Rugby . The ABs were cabbage. Prob the worst handling display I've seen from them in years.

Winter Comp. Pleasant surprise to see the Kool Kats got up in a tight finish with the Found Marbles; only Sharne's brill BB Quinella in the last saved our bacon. Well played, Marblers.

Overall, we KKs deserve our spot in the Fab Four and hopefully can put in a top team effort next week (without employing certain 'group strategies' adopted Formidably yesterday by a team that failed to qualify! LOL).

Many thanks as always to PJ for the scores and timely updates that make these Comps so much fun.

Must awa' ...Mrs W is shakin her tailfeather in that provocative way again ...

MM

It may not have occurred to you Weasly that the fact that we couldn't qualify was precisely the reason why we chose to have a bit of fun and try to do a doughnut. You do rather witter on about all this stuff don't you?

• Like 1

$2-00 Why Worry-was favourites going into the comp, and never let their supporters down taking out the Minor Premiership Under double wraps, with plenty left in the tank the Is who will they face in the final

$4-95 Kool Kats- The Kats finished with a mighty aggregate which is a vital ingredient that needs to be in ones repertoire to be selected for the Kats and the Weasels little kitty’s never let him down as they finished with the Maximus!!!!

$5-05 Dream Weavers- Not much separates the Weavers and the Kats two quality teams this match will end up 3-2 but in who’s favour this match will be decided by the two Captains which ever Captain stands up best to the undulating pressure will take this out

$10-00 Betty’s Beasts was found to have an irregular heart beat last start so there were excuses will need to generate something special if they’re going to upset the favourites...the beasts fell into 4th place just holding off a whirlwind finish from the Formidable crew I can hear the sigh of relief from team Why Worry? from here

So there you have it, so who are the Value in this 4 team contest????

Edited by VC!
  • Like 2

KKs are choosing to play the HTD as follows - unless someone can produce a Rule that says this is not acceptable!

The sheer delight of Jen v Roland makes it worthwhile

MM

DREAM WEAVERS (2nd) vs KOOL KATS (3rd)
Jill v Sharne
Tom v Rob
Maurice v Graeme
Hesi v Maximus
Roland v Jen

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Say No More said:

Your wish is my .........

P.S. The new wrinkle will be - in addition to the one Joker play per round - there will be an opportunity for each team to play a HTD card once during the round robin.

DOESN'T SAY ONLY IN THE ROUND ROBIN ..HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A MUSTELID CLUTCHING AT STRAWS?????????

3 hours ago, Say No More said:

Why Worry? have not forgotten that Betty's Beasts beat us when we met during the round robin. 

We know that this weekend  is no lay down misere and are fully aware that stranger things have happened!

Yes you could be right

You guys did finish with18 mind you the beasts could well have the power as they have 11 (L) which means you lot are only a nose bleed away from being eliminated 

1 hour ago, VC! said:

Yes you could be right

You guys did finish with18 mind you the beasts could well have the power as they have 11 (L) which means you lot are only a nose bleed away from being eliminated 

Love the rhetoric

On 7/29/2019 at 11:08 PM, Hesi said:

See if I can slip this through then while nobody is watching

The Dreamers will play their joker on Sat:classic_smile:

two lots of nothing would still be nothing ...LOLOLOLOL ...

alright Mrs W, don't be so impatient, I'll get offline now and massage your tail. Women! Cant live with em, can't live without em ...

5 minutes ago, Say No More said:

In Comp Race 2:

- the Weavers have gone long on Napolean while the Kats would take a very handy lead if It's A Wonder were to win.

- the Beauts would like to see Crash Bandicoot or Zardetto get up while the Worriers are cheering for Adequacy or It's a Wonder.

luv these updates thanks SNM

D:

1 hour ago, Say No More said:
17 minutes ago, Say No More said:

In Comp Race 6:

- the Weavers would really like Animator, I'll Have Bubbles or Locally Sauced to win to kick start their comeback.  The roughies Quaintrelle or Ruby Marie would most likely finish the Weavers off.

- Ophelia Lee or Animator would be a good result for Why Worry? while Locally Sauced could kill the match off for the Beauts.

scary thing is the current modest totals posted by Jen and her gringo Roland ...

16 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Hey Hesi, Ive never seen you with your trousers down.😂

shhhh Rees ... still a long way to go ...LOL...  think I'll back all Roland's wuffies for insurance ..learned that trick from Howie ...

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 1