The Race Place

We are thinking about going back to the old site

Hesi

19 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Usability of this site is a lot better.

Thanks Marty. It was a bit of a tough call to move when we were just getting some traction but we're confident it was the right thing to do.

Keep posting your stuff, it's most informative.

I can assure everyone, it is also a Thomass free zone.  If by some quirk of law, we had to allow him to join, we would close the site down in preference.....eh Pete

And it may come as a shock to a few, but we do actually have free speech on here, respectful debate I think you could call it.

I think I have had enough of seeing threads started with WTF, somebody being called an areshole or a c..t, and then people starting threads, wondering where everyone has gone:classic_rolleyes: 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Hesi...if you want a Thomas-free zone STOP MENTIONING HIM. FRANKLY I'M SICK OF IT. We don't need to be constantly reminded

MM

Just testing the water, but get what you say.  Good to have you contributing

Thanks Chris and Maxi

The old format was a bit basic, and a few were having technical problems posting from spreadsheets.  When Pete went back and did the costings, knowing more precisely what we wanted, the new platform costs worked out at $6-7 per month extra, so a no brainer.

And you are right about the old crap.....that was the reason we started this site in the first place(and quite a few told us that), so thanks for the appropriate reminder

• Like 2

I had to rush over to the Hastings races on Saturday as mate turned up...I was mid-stream posting

on your new all up comp Hesi ! good work...don,t make it too hard !...I was only one leg out

(maybe say must add up to $100 or something to be eligible for prize) ...Cool ...More comps the merrier.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, LookingForValue said:

Already a step up. Bit Of A Yawn asking for me to pay to have extra services. Is that a bit like the village blow hard gets on K' Rd? 

There does seem to be some degree of desperation  in going to a subscription model for sites like these.

I don't see how it will work but good luck to anyone who wants to splash their hard earned out on it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, pete said:

There does seem to be some degree of desperation  in going to a subscription model for sites like these.

I don't see how it will work but good luck to anyone who wants to splash their hard earned out on it.

Why would you, when you can get all the news elsewhere, competitions(and very good ones) elsewhere, and a proven Punter's Club elsewhere.

I am struggling to see any motivating reason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now when I look at Bit Of A Yawn, the comments on each page are interspersed with ads. I guess not paying up as a subscription will mean more ads. Don't remember them before. Lucky I only stop by every now and then for a laugh. You are heading in the right direction with this site

Edited by LookingForValue
  • Like 1