The Race Place

NZ CUP - Road to the Cup

Happy Sunrise

Level 3 for Cup Day?

Was thinking how good a horse Copy That was to be a 3 y-o, had he been this season, as Krug is still a 3y-o and Krug has won multiple Derbys, but not a factor at Ashburton. Yet Copy That who was the same age as Krug a year ago won at Ashburton beating the older horses. Then was considered so strong went into the Cup as fav. Yet Krug won't be in the Cup.

What does that say? 

19 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Dear trainers,

I am available to drive a horse in the Cup. 3 and 4 wide a long way from home guaranteed.

PM me at Raceplace with your offer.

HS

Same here, but I will make sure I get in the way of the AS horses, so you have a better chance Happy.

Anyone willing to sacrifice a horse for the betterment of Harness??????

• Haha 2

In the latest Cup update rankings Triple Eight still yet to be officially withdrawn but is still down for Interdoms. 

Also noticed in other news that Amazing Dream has been not only pulled from the NZ Cup. BUT also from the Interdoms. Will she be heading to USA sooner rather than later. She does start this weekend I think in G1 ladies race. 

Speaking of Interdoms also in news on Oz website says HRNZ have pulled out of Interdoms as being host. 

Edited by karrotsishere

2 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Level 3 for Cup Day?

Was thinking how good a horse Copy That was to be a 3 y-o, had he been this season, as Krug is still a 3y-o and Krug has won multiple Derbys, but not a factor at Ashburton. Yet Copy That who was the same age as Krug a year ago won at Ashburton beating the older horses. Then was considered so strong went into the Cup as fav. Yet Krug won't be in the Cup.

What does that say? 

I wouldn't read into that much. Krug is pretty good, how good compared to the top liners I am unsure. He will be in the big races in time.

21 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Speaking of Interdoms also in news on Oz website says HRNZ have pulled out of Interdoms as being host. 

Due to lack of Open class horses in NZ. 

Yip re Happy Krug, was more getting at the friendly North verse South Banter and how GOOD Copy That must be tehe. 

Edited by karrotsishere

33 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Thoughts anyone after the Kaikoura Cup today? 1 week to go til the CUP. 

Terry went great , although given ZERO hope of winning by the shocking lack-lustre drive.

Check this out Karrots and Nz harness officials. !!!!!!

This photo shows how Kaikoura treated liked a THIRD WORLD COUNTRY.?????

No dollars for NZ harness racing spent in Australia  today. Another Nail in NZ coffin of HRNZ. (sadly) Abandoned ??? hahah

DSC02512.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing there Lightning! Gee that is tragic. Hope it gets passed onto HRNZ if they are not aware already, which perhaps they are not I suspect. 

Happy to see Classie B the old fella and the NZ peoples horse, run those wee legs to victory today.

SCA for me so-so. Had the run to win I thought.

Great to see the stand start I watched where Alta Wiseguy won, they ALL were made to STAND. Good work.

Nice run Laver today. 

I like both Copy That & Self Assured of me. Pending of course draw, run & so on after today & the weekend workout of Copy That.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

n the Dominion Muscle Mountain goes to 2nd rank after his 2nd win in a row. 

Don't write MM off yet, as I stated he still isn't screwed down ,blew after that race and still ran .3 sec quicker that Muscle Mountain off his 10 mtrs. Patience will pay dividends . 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Don't write MM off yet, as I stated he still isn't screwed down ,blew after that race and still ran .3 sec quicker that Muscle Mountain off his 10 mtrs. Patience will pay dividends . 

Yes course not. Forgot to mention that at Addington, Kaikoura meeting, he ran the 2nd fastest TIME. Time faster than the winner. Sundees Son ran the fastest. Just online checking the competition in the Melbourne Cup Comp & laughing at the banter starting. And love reading the personal stories, its a posters special 70th day today, another just finished the lawns, another just did a long bike ride & another off to bowls today. Its too good. 

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Its what this site is about Karrots. And it is growing .

Tots Globey. I like to throw in the odd personal story. Sometimes for a shock factor, sometimes for a bit of a laugh & sometimes just to try & personalise things. 

Think some get my humour, some may not. 

But anyway, yes GREAT to see the site growing 🙌

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Yes course not. Forgot to mention that at Addington, Kaikoura meeting, he ran the 2nd fastest TIME. Time faster than the winner. Sundees Son ran the fastest. Just online checking the competition in the Melbourne Cup Comp & laughing at the banter starting. And love reading the personal stories, its a posters special 70th day today, another just finished the lawns, another just did a long bike ride & another off to bowls today. Its too good. 

I should have added it's my 36th wedding anniversary today!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Think some get my humour, some may not. 

Yep, I do. Never lose your sense of humor Karrots. Take me for instance ," I live in my own little world ,but that's ok, everyone here knows me ", and that was for being ostracised for being the kid next doors imaginary friend.🥴

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Here is the draw. South Coast Arden & Self Assured both drawn 2nd row.

Well that is great in a way. sort of like a 5m handicap at least , and gives the Whole Lot a Chance now . 

Will be very tactical. After the 3.55.2 fast time 'demolition' job by SELF ASSURED last year off the front row, He deserved a 10m handicap to even things up a bit. So 5m will just have to do in that case, (since they don't want to handicap the poor buggers anymore). And with No Ashley Locaz and Spankem stablemates giving him (Mark and SA)  an 'easy' lead either (like last year,) there is to be No easy ALLstars trifecta like 2020 either. excellent .

Should be a good willing contest.? Mr Mango putting the 'good' Interdominion driver on these days is picking up a race or two with SouthCoast Arden (jewels in Winter) , so will he get the ultimate reward in November ???? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Well that is great in a way. sort of like a 5m handicap at least , and gives the Whole Lot a Chance now . 

Will be very tactical. After the 3.55.2 fast time 'demolition' job by SELF ASSURED last year off the front row, He deserved a 10m handicap to even things up a bit. So 5m will just have to do in that case, (since they don't want to handicap the poor buggers anymore). And with No Ashley Locaz and Spankem stablemates giving him (Mark and SA)  an 'easy' lead either (like last year,) there is to be No easy ALLstars trifecta like 2020 either. excellent .

Should be a good willing contest.? Mr Mango putting the 'good' Interdominion driver on these days is picking up a race or two with SouthCoast Arden (jewels in Winter) , so will he get the ultimate reward in November ???? 

The draws are less important over a 3200 stand in my view. They are only as good as where you land after 200m of running and even then who is to say they are good.

If Classie Brigade or P Playboy get out and run as leader and trail, do you think after a mile they will hold the challenge from SCA or SA (or Laver) out as they come hunting for the lead? If they hand up, do you think they can come off their back and beat either of them?

The biggest question for me in regard to SCA and SA is how they deal with Laver. He could be the fly in the ointment in the tactics used. Same for CB and PP, They can't have Laver parked and putting pressure on them for an extended part of the journey.

What if Laver stepped, went hunting for the lead first and got it? 

6 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

If Classie Brigade or P Playboy get out and run as leader and trail,

This is the key to the race , will they work togeather a little to beat Mark and Nat when they circle round.

John Dunn has some stable help to aid him. Why not take a leaf out of the Allstars Brilliant Teamwork last NZ CUP. copy and Paste?