The Race Place

Rugger outrage.

ngakonui grass

24 minutes ago, Gordy said:

The All Blacks game is on Sky sport, while the Black ferns game is on Spark, I have neither, so will just watch highlights when they come on YouTube.

I think the older I have got the less concerned I am if I don’t watch anything live.

Same as me Gordy. I really don't know what the fuss is all about.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ngakonui grass said:

Sports wise for me Golf,NFL and NBA but thats not to say i watch a lot of it,grandkids are the most important to me,allowing their parents to work extra shifts or longer hours so they can survive in this country and eventually afford things that my generation took for granted.

Well, I did exactly that back in the 70s, in fact many baby boomers did. I admit that I was lucky I worked in IT and the computer system of the organisation I worked for was only available for me to carry out development work on a Sunday evening. So, it was minimum 4 hours double time. 

The Womens World Cup is a farce, only 12 teams and I heard Cocksedge saying something like the world is watching. In 2017 I was in the UK while The Womens World Cup was being played and I never saw anything in the media. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ngakonui grass said:

Sports wise for me Golf,NFL and NBA but thats not to say i watch a lot of it,grandkids are the most important to me,allowing their parents to work extra shifts or longer hours so they can survive in this country and eventually afford things that my generation took for granted.

I can vividly recall that my first job out of university, I was on a salary of $6,000 pa.  I was able to save $20k, get a $73K mortgage, and buy a house in Balmoral, Auckland for $93K.  Just checked, and the CV on that place is now 4.65 mil.

The way house prices have exploded in NZ over the last 40 years, is a national scandal.

Back to my point, in those days a person on their own on reasonable money could buy a house, afford to live etc etc.  Now, as you allude to, it is a struggle for 2 people to stand still, let alone make any headway

• Like 5

Rugby has been corporatised and an average family going to a test costs a bloody fortune, so that don't happen ... along the way support has been lost ... don't think too many people really care ... it is no longer that important

Similar to NZ Racing ... isolating the fan base 

Edited by Turny
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, barryb said:

l. The explosion is caused by steadfast beliefs in religion over science.

My goodness you talk some unsubstantiated shiit at times. Ever considered some of the World best scientists are Christians. Probably not because that would make you think outside your own narrative which is narrow/shallow to say the least. Stick to horses Barry and what you know ,not what you don't know.

God bless .:classic_smile:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gordy said:

The All Blacks game is on Sky sport, while the Black ferns game is on Spark, I have neither, so will just watch highlights when they come on YouTube.

I think the older I have got the less concerned I am if I don’t watch anything live.

The Black Ferns game is on TV3 delayed by an hour (8.30) so no problems there.Although why anyone would want to watch these 50 point romps

is beyond me.)I'm not interested till they hit France and England.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, barryb said:

exactly the problem is fruits like you wont let anyone else have an opinion

Actually, you are welcome to your opinion, and can voice it any time you feel free, but basically that is all it is "an opinion".  Unfortunately Barry I don't agree with your "opinion", and nor do millions of other people. 

• Like 1

I recall a couple of years ago the Catholic Church sold about 8 churches in the Wairarapa due to virtually nil attendance.

In 2019 whilst we were in London we had a spare morning, so we jumped on one of those scenic double decker's. The Guide on the bus informed us as we went past a cathedral that in the 19th century it was law that everyone had to attend church, and many were arrested and tried for not attending.

• 2 months later...