The Race Place

Supporting Brighton

pete

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever expect to see the following in a newspaper:

"Liverpool face a daunting trio of games after the international break, travelling to Manchester City and Chelsea before hosting Premier League leaders Arsenal. That run will determine if a Champions League spot is still attainable, with Brighton, Newcastle United and Tottenham Hotspur currently holding an advantage."

soccer GIF

1 hour ago, Globederby19 said:

Living the dream Pete. Nice to see actually. Have been watching a bit of late, but Chelsea finding it hard to find the back of the net with a poor strike rate. but still mid table. 

If Chelsea stick with Potter they'll be ok.

• 3 weeks later...

No Potter wasn't a good fit, but the interim manager doesn't have a lot of experience, and it looks as though he will be there till summer breaks.  Boy, they have been very quick on getting rid of people too quickly. Methinks more due diligence is needed .

Can't be good for team morale. 

• Like 1

Potter was never a good fit and I think Brighton's continued above average play shows that it was probably the players making him look good rather than the other way round.    Potter will do okay out of it though going by the discussion being had on his exit package which looks like it could total up to 60mill over the next five years.  Nags or Poch would be fantastic to get, I wanted Mauricio initially and I thought he was a safer bet than Potter but now talks are also including Enrique.   Still it gives Liverpool a window into what's out there too as it seems they might be needing new management in the not too distant future  🙂  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

Potter was never a good fit and I think Brighton's continued above average play shows that it was probably the players making him look good rather than the other way round.    Potter will do okay out of it though going by the discussion being had on his exit package which looks like it could total up to 60mill over the next five years.  Nags or Poch would be fantastic to get, I wanted Mauricio initially and I thought he was a safer bet than Potter but now talks are also including Enrique.   Still it gives Liverpool a window into what's out there too as it seems they might be needing new management in the not too distant future  🙂  

I see Frank's been lined up for the rest of this season.

Conte would be an hilarious, but not out of the question signing .. full circle.    However if they were going to re-sign Conte they may as well keep Lampard.    I get the feeling though that the Chelsea bosses like the idea of new blood rather than rebuilding bridges already burnt.

9 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

I get the feeling though that the Chelsea bosses like the idea of new blood

Chelsea gone to the pack now (or back in the pack anyway) going off the rails with New owner. That idiot failed to get along/on with Thomas Tuchel who had a fantastic strike rate with Chelsea FC (after same at PSG)

and had just Won the Champions League 🏆 very recently in 2021. (defeating Man City 1-0)  

the new owner Boehly 🤮 wanted to bring in RONALDO from Man U , but Tuchel wouldn't have a bar of that silly move, >>>>>>>>>>.

So champion Tuchel was removed instead 😪 and the Chelsea Football Club is suffering ever since. As a 'former' fan I say bloody good job. sad when you sack someone who took you 'Top of the World' in such a short time , so they getting their "Just Desserts" right now 😊.  

7 hours ago, pete said:

The referee should be fired.

Yep, but how the VAR couldn't pick up two blatant penalty infringements is beyond me. Shirt pulling and ankle tapping inside the penalty box. ?. That was an important game for both teams and they deserve better refereeing at that level than what we saw. Robbed is an understatement. Nice team to watch Brighton.  

• Thanks 1