The Race Place

PJ's Summer Super Comp Draft - CALL FOR CAPTAINS PLEASE

Hesi

1 hour ago, Hesi said:

Correct

Currently sitting on 4 points in PJ's comp with a miniscule aggregate.

In saying that you will probably qualify lol

get your spelling correct, please, Hesi-meister. The word is minuscule. But people with illogical brains like yours are no good at spelling.

Can you please frame a market for the upcoming Summer Draft Comp...now don't tell me you're too busy or you don't know enough about the competitors. You know all eight captains, so ...logically speaking, that should be enough.

Let me give thee a Head Start though (clearly needed to ease the pressure on your head) ...

Weepers will be clear faves, according to your way of thinking... even though you can't tell me even one of your teammates names yet! 

LOL

7 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Mebbe Howie named his team after the rock band...

MM

Not quite, Maxi. 🙂

Styx was a chestnut colt bred in 1963 by his owner Eric Davies by Syntax out of the Sajakeda mare Motion who was bred by Ngaruawahia trainer Lloyd Burdett. He raced 40 times for 9 wins. He was trained by George Smith initially at Takanini and then at Te Rapa. He won at his third start at the Paeroa meeting held at Pukekohe on the 18/12/65. At three he won the 1967 Kings Plate. His biggest win was the 1967 Foxbridge Plate beating a top class field ridden by Ron Taylor. Second was Fairfleet ridden by John Riordan and third Tatua and John Grylls with Dee Dee and Gary Edge fourth. Norm Holland won six on him and Brian Andrews, Ron Taylor and Colin Underhill one each.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Maximus said:

get your spelling correct, please, Hesi-meister. The word is minuscule. But people with illogical brains like yours are no good at spelling.

Can you please frame a market for the upcoming Summer Draft Comp...now don't tell me you're too busy or you don't know enough about the competitors. You know all eight captains, so ...logically speaking, that should be enough.

Let me give thee a Head Start though (clearly needed to ease the pressure on your head) ...

Weepers will be clear faves, according to your way of thinking... even though you can't tell me even one of your teammates names yet! 

LOL

Minuscule means very small. Miniscule is a newer spelling, probably derived from the prefix mini-. Many feel that miniscule is a misspelling, but it occurs so frequently that it appears as a variant spelling in some dictionaries.7 Apr 2017

14 minutes ago, Howard Atkinson said:

Not quite, Maxi. 🙂

Styx was a chestnut colt bred in 1963 by his owner Eric Davies by Syntax out of the Sajakeda mare Motion who was bred by Ngaruawahia trainer Lloyd Burdett. He raced 40 times for 9 wins. He was trained by George Smith initially at Takanini and then at Te Rapa. He won at his third start at the Paeroa meeting held at Pukekohe on the 18/12/65. At three he won the 1967 Kings Plate. His biggest win was the 1967 Foxbridge Plate beating a top class field ridden by Ron Taylor. Second was Fairfleet ridden by John Riordan and third Tatua and John Grylls with Dee Dee and Gary Edge fourth. Norm Holland won six on him and Brian Andrews, Ron Taylor and Colin Underhill one each.

You had me at chestnut Howie 🙂 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, pete said:

Minuscule means very small. Miniscule is a newer spelling, probably derived from the prefix mini-. Many feel that miniscule is a misspelling, but it occurs so frequently that it appears as a variant spelling in some dictionaries.7 Apr 2017

the 'mini'-version of minuscule is just a rort for lazy learners, according to the maxiscule of spelling (see what I did there?)
Explain it to the Hesi-munster, he won't get it. Besides, he's too busy framing a market with his beloved Weepers Reapers at Winx odds and the rest Also-Rans. He's probably got time to frame a market for the other 7 by themselves...far more interesting, I guess, when you're so certain your unknown team has already won the Comp against unknown opposition (barring captains).

MM

P'raps he can ask PJ to change the name to ILLOGICALS

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Maximus said:

the 'mini'-version of minuscule is just a rort for lazy learners, according to the maxiscule of spelling (see what I did there?)
Explain it to the Hesi-munster, he won't get it. Besides, he's too busy framing a market with his beloved Weepers Reapers at Winx odds and the rest Also-Rans. He's probably got time to frame a market for the other 7 by themselves...far more interesting, I guess, when you're so certain your unknown team has already won the Comp against unknown opposition (barring captains).

MM

P'raps he can ask PJ to change the name to ILLOGICALS

Just frame a market will ya, you can put whatever twist that you want on it then

4 minutes ago, brown fox said:

Congrats on a point Pete but with no goals one card and only 2 corners this mornings game was one of the dullest I've seen for a while

Yeah West Ham certainly didn't play like the home team.

We were all over them in the second half but not to be.

So many injured players.

3 hours ago, Howard Atkinson said:

My team's name is :-

Styx

Thanks, PJ.

My brother brought the Styx album 'Pieces of Eight' back in the late 70s. That's when I first heard 'Sing for the Day'. Fantastic song, great lyrics.    

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, pete said:

He's long gone PJ. Back at Brentford now.

Yeah I know. Mitoma and Estupian my favourite Seagulls players. Still cringing after Arsenals awful performance the other night. They look dull and stale. Martinelli and Saka (probably sick of being fouled) are both subpar this season. Havertz though improved is still not good enough. Rice and Odegaard the shining light. Biggest issue is Jesus. His first touch is now dreadul so cannot operate with any hope in the box. We NEED to buy Ivan Toney - goal-hungry, ambitious and gets off the ground in the box. We have people who can through in some beaut crosses but we need a proper centre forward on the end of them.

Arteta also needs to be less rigid. The endless tikky-taka is maddening. We need quicker counter attacks like Spurs, Liverpool, Aston Villa sometimes. We have the skills and youth to make it work

• Like 1

Just now, brown fox said:

Newcastle also gone stale.Too much football?

Squad too small. Playing the same guys every week. It catches up in the end.

Many people don't realise how much playing in Europe affects a team.

• Like 1