The Race Place

End of year awards

pete

As is customary this time of the year I thought it would be a laugh to post a few end of year awards. This is definitely a chance to have a bit of fun at your peers on here. Just be nice - within reason anyway - treat it like a bit of a roast.

I'll start the ball rolling by selecting @barryb for his unrivaled use of expletives.

• Haha 1

Just a word about referencing someone in your posts - this applies generally - if you type in the @  character and the start of the user name the software will allow you to select the user you're referring to. 

The person you've referred to then gets notified that they've been mentioned in your post.

I have a feeling a lot of people on here don't know about this.

Without doubt @PWJfor his continuing contribution to the site with his comps and trivia.  In particular the Super Comp, which is unique, supreme and stood the test of time, and of which we have the draft version (starting on Jan 13) that the Reapers will win.  For those not aware, Peter puts in approx 10 hours per week in running this comp.

• Like 6

Thanks BS, I was going to mention that, but you usurped me.  It has all gone very well this year, and the key to it has been no one taking potshots, but trying to take on board what other people do.

Barry has always made the point, that 98% of punters lose, so if you don't try to look at things differently to those 98%, you must lose

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Buller Rep said:

I recon that I deserve a mention as a "fly by nighter" 

I come in periodically and then leave.

The last time was when @barryb got on my wick.

Merry Christmas Guys.

Hahaha good one BR, at least you have the constitution to take it on the chin and come back.  A few who he has upset left and never came back, then again, they had a lot larger egos than you lol

And Merry Xmas to you, bronze statuettes in the stocking?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Buller Rep said:

The “Kindest Heart Award” goes to @Maximusfor his Erin Leighton Fundraiser attempt. 

Well done. 

29 minutes ago, Buller Rep said:

These all arrived today. Which one was yours?

7A115BFC-EA8A-4BE0-98BB-B0BFB2B7B17D.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Buller Rep said:

The “Kindest Heart Award” goes to @Maximusfor his Erin Leighton Fundraiser attempt. 

Well done. 

I'd like to thank the Members of the Academy ....

MM

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lightning Blue said:

I'll go a nomination for Double R  Robert and Heather also,  who both ran up a perfect '10' winners from 10 races in one week,  in PJ 's mid year comp.

Even with 2 picks per race that is still pretty hard to do. Top tipping award to them 🏆👍

Thank LB.

Just fortunate I think.

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas, and happy New Year.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, barryb said:

The likeable Dumbo  award goes to Hesi, although no one really likes him, because it’s Xmas we can cut him some slack so he can feel positive about himself.

I should get a charity or kindness recognition award for that.

You can leave my (most prestigious) Kindness Award alone and go earn yer own. Assisting already-reformed Labour-lovers like the Hesi-meister doesn't count.

MM