The Race Place

Blackcaps

brown fox

2 hours ago, ngakonui grass said:

I recall Pernell Roberts sang THEY CALL THE WIND MARIA on an episode of Bonanza.

Not only was he a fast gun,a ladies man and a good son he could sing.

yes, mate, he did ....so come on down Pernell, baby and sing it again for ng 'n Max (oh and Maria, of course)

• Like 2

The Black caps are back in action (or inaction ) depending how you loo at it.

How's the ground scenery ? a place with no grandstand and looks like a scenic place from days gone by. very nice.

The Aussies can have a picnic on the outer while fielding today 😁🏏😎🍻 

15 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

The Black caps are back in action (or inaction ) depending how you loo at it.

How's the ground scenery ? a place with no grandstand and looks like a scenic place from days gone by. very nice.

The Aussies can have a picnic on the outer while fielding today 😁🏏😎🍻 

Max thinks a 'loo at it' is a good description LB ...makes you wanna throw up watchin' this sickening display with the bat ..like Maxi said ..Kuggeleijn should never play Test cricket again.

MM

Guest Geez Wayne
On 2/29/2024 at 10:01 PM, Hesi said:

Hahaha, the Billy Goat Gruff, now there's a great name Gruff lol

The Chief was sure he had debated him off the site, apparently not then

Rust never sleeps

Cockroaches will survive a nuclear war

I only surfaced here because of my good mate Mooseman TO JOIN THE PUNTERS CLUB. AWESOME TEAM and the great tipsters.... if I knew the pricks I never saw at Cafe were here I wouldn't of bothered. Peter lane may have power but he hasn't got a clue regarding horses

Blackcaps going a lot better than quite a few thought.

At least it makes day 3 and 4 into a match for you Rusty

If they can manage to eke out another 200-250 they are in with a good chance, the Aus batting line up has not been in usual form and most importantly has not been put under pressure this series

• Like 2

Just have to bat, and bat, and bat, and bat. But easier said than done against this aussie bowling outfit. Forming lengthy partnerships will be key on Day 3 and perhaps targeting the bowling of Marsh and Green may be the key here. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hesi said:

Pretty much all over I would say

Nervous times ahead! 

Imperative to get a quick wicket, ideally two, early on day 4. If not, this may become an uncomfortable watch. 

A well-deserved victory to Aus, showing even though several of their batsmen were out of form, the mental hardness needed to win at test cricket, and the reason why it is called a 'test'

Full credit though to NZ, firstly for scoring 372 in the second innings to make a game of it, and also for putting Aussie to the test with their bowlers in the chase for 279.

For NZ, they have blooded 2 new players in the hardest arena of all, in Ravindra and Sears.  they will be both so much better for it.

Test cricket was the winner really, after the 'kiss your sister' experience of the South Africans.

A break now till June, when we get a full month of T20 World Cup, with 20 teams competing at 6 grounds in the West Indes and 3 in USA (New York, Texas and Florida)

Some of the odds in the match were bewildering. Aus at $5s+ before play. And NZ being favourites after the two Sears wickets. 

NZ have performed under par in the field a fair bit lately. Too many dropped catches in all forms of the game.

9 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Some of the odds in the match were bewildering. Aus at $5s+ before play. And NZ being favourites after the two Sears wickets. 

NZ have performed under par in the field a fair bit lately. Too many dropped catches in all forms of the game.

I have noticed the way the odds change like that.  I don't think they have their algorithm right

23 hours ago, Hesi said:

Pretty much all over I would say

Done and Dusted 🏆. Captain Pat the winning runs. He's turning into one of the best Captains Australia ever had at controlling the play/ Situation .. Who needs Warner anymore  . loan him to the Blackcaps at reduced rates? 😉

Time for a Sing-Along after that impressive Test Hesi . Here's one for you mate. (Bruce singing about baseball , but that's also a hit the ball and take run game , so close enough 😂😂 ..  good little song for after the cricket (and Sat maybe 😅🏇

An intriguing game of Test cricket. Congrats to Australia who absorbed all the pressure and applied themselves better than the Blackcaps. Again, NZ did not capitalise on multiple opportunities. 
Carey played a fantastic innings, deserved a ton and to hit the winning runs. Cummins is a fabulous captain, on and off the field. Southee had plenty of runs to 'play with' but didn't even give Ravindra or Mitchell a few overs; nor did he exert maximum pressure with fielders in catching positions when new batsmen walked in.

Onwards and sideways, Blackcaps.

MM

• Like 1