The Race Place

Belclare

pete

15 minutes ago, ngakonui grass said:

imo 1.25m which i think is too much but inflated by the easy prize money on offer in NSW  and Victoria.

8 group races in Sydney Saturday just gone.

I reckon a million at least. She's a dual G1 winning Per Incanto mare.

wouldn't be surprised if she got $1.5M+ over there. She's only 6yo, great-granma was a Grp 1 winner (Olga's Pal) and new owners may want to recoup some of their outlay before breeding from her. Myer Stakes or something easier in the Spring? Just a thought.

MM

I'd certainly be surprised if they didn't come home with a mil+. I remember David poring over the turf digest in our school days. Lifetime passion and great to see the little guys' dreams come true. Best of luck to them.

• Like 4

On 4/1/2024 at 7:01 PM, curious said:

I'd certainly be surprised if they didn't come home with a mil+. I remember David poring over the turf digest in our school days. Lifetime passion and great to see the little guys' dreams come true. Best of luck to them.

Curious, so you are a Christ’s boy? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, curious said:

Long time ago now but yep.

Were you ever compelled to go to the school dances - combined with sister school St Margaret's college - where the boys and girls stood around uncomfortably in well-separated groups ?    

Awful occasions..!

• Haha 2

On 4/1/2024 at 5:42 PM, pete said:

I reckon a million at least. She's a dual G1 winning Per Incanto mare.

And another know it all over there thinks she wont make a Million...be very surprised if she does not..however he seems to think he knows everything about everything....🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Freda said:

Were you ever compelled to go to the school dances - combined with sister school St Margaret's college - where the boys and girls stood around uncomfortably in well-separated groups ?    

Awful occasions..!

Yep that too and the St. Mags head mistress would go around with a ruler to make sure you weren't dancing too close together!

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, RJB said:

And another know it all over there thinks she wont make a Million...be very surprised if she does not..however he seems to think he knows everything about everything....🤣

He who knows all has revised his estimate to $950,000. Of course he couldn't say a million because then he might be seen to agree with estimates on here 

This sentence made me laugh though. 

"Anyway great to have an opinion and state it.  That's open to ALL on BOAY."

4 hours ago, pete said:

He who knows all has revised his estimate to $950,000. Of course he couldn't say a million because then he might be seen to agree with estimates on here 

This sentence made me laugh though. 

"Anyway great to have an opinion and state it.  That's open to ALL on BOAY."

I see you are being challenged to reactivate your account Pete.  

I'll match and raise you Dougie, why don't you register here and post with those laser like debating skills lol.  We have free speech also, as much as you try to continue to debunk that, and only ban people who continue to engage in personal abuse of others.  

• Like 1

We also allow people to write the name BOAY on here, and it does not automatically redact into some childish alternative like it does if you try to write the name Race Place on BOAY.  Is that the sort of free speech you were talking about.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hesi said:

We also allow people to write the name BOAY on here, and it does not automatically redact into some childish alternative like it does if you try to write the name Race Place on BOAY.  Is that the sort of free speech you were talking about.

isn't BOAY already a 'redaction'?
MM

35 minutes ago, Hesi said:

It is an abbreviation or acronym

indeed, hence a redaction

re·dac·tion
[rɪˈdakʃ(ə)n]
noun
  1. the process of editing text for publication:
    "what was left after the redaction would be virtually useless"
    • the censoring or obscuring of part of a text for legal or security purposes.
    • a version of a text, such as a new edition or an abridged version:
      "the author himself never chose to establish a definitive redaction"

3 hours ago, Maximus said:

re·dac·tion
[rɪˈdakʃ(ə)n]
noun
  1. the process of editing text for publication:
    "what was left after the redaction would be virtually useless"

Drawing a very long bow there Max. We are talking Literary texts here, not one or two word phrases.  You a bit bored today.

56 minutes ago, pete said:

Well I took up Doug's invite and tried to join the redacted site. Waiting for approval. I don't expect it to happen.

I guarantee it will.

Who did you register as, Noodlum  lol lol

Sorry you can't, that is taken

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hesi said:

I guarantee it will.

Who did you register as, Noodlum  lol lol

Sorry you can't, that is taken

Well you're correct mate. I'm in the elite club now.