The Race Place

National Championships Winter Super Comp Results Thread

PWJ

To win-

The Kauri Kats need:

Chicago Cub to win for Sharne (must pay $3.80+ or Octane complete the Q)

OR

Causeway Girl to win for Max

The Barbarians need:

Elite Legacy to win for Ziggy

OR

Octane to win for Mardy

The Turbos and The Blues can't win

1 minute ago, Blind Squirrel said:

Where there is life there is hope PJ - I think the Turbo's can win if 12 beats 11 and the quinella pays enough - a bloody miracle required though!!

Can't see it paying nearly enough but good luck

Congratulations to Ian and his Chiefs today .....had it won before the last, and with a Team Profit to boot ! Just too strong, and best of luck for the final round as you launch for the Comp win. 
Special mention for my opponent StevieN who by my calculations won the final 6 races on the bounce ! Top stuff, Stevie. 👍👍 I guess you've t aken me out of 'The Serendipitous Six' ! 😊
I thought I did well getting 5 winners, but you were certainly a notch above, Stevie. 

Hard luck my guys ....fought hard all the way, but the match wins are certainly proving elusive this time around. Big ups to Pete who nailed a BB Quinella in the last to score a very well-deserved individual victory 👍, and bring us back to 2-3.

One more opportunity for us to get off the bottom of the ladder. Better get yourselves motivated Maxi and the Kauri Kats ! We're a comin' for ya ! 

Thanks very much for another excellent day's entertainment, PJ. Always very much appreciated. 👍

• Like 4

Always great to play the Blues win lose or draw, hard luck today Howie, I’m sure you’ll bounce back in a big way once the Spring draft is up and running 

No luck for the Chiefs today we went fro 4-1 to 3-2 and the Ferdies went from 3-2 to 4-1

5-0 next week unlikely 

Well done Chiefs on today’s victory, also well done to the Ferdies, too good

• Like 1

Round 5 - Saturday Aug 1

Race 10 - Flemington R8

1st - 6 Octane W-$2.90

2nd - 12 Rock Prophet Q-$6.70  

Scr: 3,4,10

4 FERDIES (1st)

$1260.00

3 points 

1 KAURI KATS (7th)

$716.40

0 points

Chicago Cub loomed and the faded and Causeway Girl never got into the finish so the Ferdies not only held on but took a bonus point for a 4-1 margin with Heather bagging a BB to down Rocky. Maurice (with a BB) and PJ completed the Ferdies' scoring while Sharne also bagged a BB nailing all 5 Oz winners but unable to reel in PJ - nice effort girl ! Graeme - the only Kat to score a personal win - was MVP for his side while Ashoka was Man of the Match with a good tally. Well played again Ferdies.

315.00 Zac 

0.00 Max

149.80 Heather

129.00 Rocky

436.80 Ashoka

26.00 Jen

231.40 PJ

186.00 Sharne

127.00 Maurice 

375.40 Graeme

3 CRUSADERS (3rd)

$1593.80

3 points 

2 TURBOS* (5th)

$1008.80

0 (x 2 Joker play) = 0 points

The Crusaders had it won before the last and ended the day in style with BBs from Rex, Tom and Robert. Gary scored the final $$ for The Turbos, for whom Ray edged Steve for MVP honours, their Joker-play proving unsuccessful. The Crusaders took a bonus point for an impressive team profit. Craig was a very impressive Man of the Match on a tricky day just edging out Robert. NB: Rob wrongly credited win win in race 2 - my error - apologies to Blind Squirrel and Turbos.

175.80 Tom 

251.00 Steve P

440.20 Robert

69.00 Rees

292.00 Rob 

310.40 Blind Squirrel

186.00 Rex

119.20 Gary

498.80 Craig

258.80 Ray

2 BLUES (8th)

$1075.20

0 points 

3 CHIEFS (2nd)

$1380.60

3 points

The Chiefs had it wrapped up by race 9 where they passed the team profit mark and ended the day with collects from Man of the Match Stevie N - who tipped the last 6 winners - and Punter Pete. The Blues played their part as spoilers in the last when Pete bagged a beaut BB quinella to down Punter Pete and deny the Chiefs a further bonus point while Geoff also got the final winner but was edged by Gordy for Auckland MVP honours. The Chiefs nevertheless took an important bonus point for a team profit in a solid performance. Three matches with less than $40 separating the combatants.

273.60 Geoff 

301.80 Gee

292.00 Gordy

274.00 Jack

196.80 Pete

161.00 Punter Pete

251.40 Howie

455.00 Stevie N

61.40 Roland

188.80 Ian

2 HURRICANES* (4th)

$708.80

1 (x 2 Joker play) = 2 points 

3 BARBARIANS (6th)

$675.80

2 points

The Barbarians pulled off the day's upset downing the highly favoured Hurricanes in the last when Mardy tipped his 5th straight winner to collar Virgil with a BB and claim Babas MVP honours, with Pam also scoring. TC and Porky made the final collects for The 'Canes for whom Hesi was Man of the Match. The Capital Lads did take away a consolation bonus point for a higher aggregate. Well done Babas !

90.00 Porky 

220.80 Richie

191.00 Virgil

231.00 Mardy

294.00 Hesi

37.00 Moose

98.00 The Crucible

187.00 Pam

35.80 John

0.00 Ziggy

* Joker play

The Table after Round 6

1st 21 FERDIES* $6656.80

2nd 16 CHIEFS* $8220.80

-------chance to win the Championship above this line only---------------

3rd 15 CRUSADERS* $6002.00

4th 12 HURRICANES* $5991.80

5th 10 TURBOS* $5953.40

6th 9 BARBARIANS* $4410.00

7th 2 KAURI KATS* $5737.00

8th 0 BLUES* $5494.80

* joker played

The Ferdies win today leaves a tall task for the remaining chasing side - The Chiefs - to claim victory on the Final Day next Saturday. The Chiefs need a 5 pointer and hope the Ferdies come away empty-handed. The Crusaders and Chiefs both scored impressive wins today but The 'Saders needed another bonus point to stay in contention. The Chiefs face the Barbarians and will be hoping The Crusaders do the job against the Ferdies. The Hurricanes needed a successful Joker play to stay in contention but were undone by a valiant Babas effort that takes them to within 1 point of The Turbos. The Blues and Kauri Kats each lost today and will face off in a battle to avoid the wooden spoon next week. 

• Like 3

Bad Luck Turbo's.............Vadavar winning turned the match in our favour.

My math's obviously isn't what it once was as I thought you lost Rob.............apologies.

Next week we face the might of PJ's awesome leading team.

We only have to all win and then hope we all get about $600  each.........no just joking.

As always Thanks PJ.

• Like 3

STATS

Best Scores
498.80 Craig
455.00 Stevie N
440.20 Robert
436.80 Ashoka
375.40 Graeme

Worst Scores 

37.00 Moose

35.80 John

26.00 Jen

0.00 Ziggy

0.00 Max

Most Wins
6 Mardy

6 Stevie N

6 Jack

Most Quinellas
3 Hesi

3 Geoff

3 Graeme

3 Richie

Biggest Winning Margin
436.80 Ashoka
26.00 Jen

Narrowest Winning Margin
292.00 Gordy

274.00 Jack

Highest Losing Score
292.00 Rob

Lowest Winning Score
35.80 John

• Like 1

ROUND 7 (FINAL) - Sat Aug 15

Meetings will be Riccarton, Caulfield and (possibly) Morphettville

FERDIES (1st) vs CRUSADERS (3rd)

Ashoka v Rob

Zac v Robert

Maurice v Craig

PJ v Rex

Heather v Tom

CHIEFS (2nd) vs BARBARIANS (6th)

Ian v Ziggy

Gee v Pam

Punter Pete v Richie

Stevie N v Moose

Jack v Mardy

HURRICANES (4th) vs TURBOS (5th)

John v Steve P

The Crucible v Gary

Virgil v Rees

Hesi v Blind Squirrel

Porky v Ray

KAURI KATS (7th) vs BLUES (8th)

Sharne v Gordy

Rocky v Geoff

Max v Roland

Jen v Pete

Graeme v Howie

the bog of Riccarton instead of a Dead 5 or 6 at Ruakaka? Oh well, too bad never mind.

Congrats to the Ferdies too good for the KKs today... Ferdies consistently the best performers in this Comp and unlikely to cough it up next Saturday. 

MM

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maximus said:

the bog of Riccarton instead of a Dead 5 or 6 at Ruakaka? Oh well, too bad never mind.

Congrats to the Ferdies too good for the KKs today... Ferdies consistently the best performers in this Comp and unlikely to cough it up next Saturday. 

MM

HMN .... WHILE its a tuff match up we saders will not give up easily maximus .....  me thinks spit rosted weasel sounds good to me !!!