The Race Place

National Championships Winter Super Comp Results Thread

PWJ

To win:

The Chiefs need-

Miss Redoble to win for Ian

OR

Charretera to win for Ian (must pay $5.90+ or Miss Redoble complete the Q)

The Blues need-

Steel Diamond to win for Roland (must pay $5.60+ or Off Shaw complete the Q)

The Crusaders need-

Steel Diamond to win for Robert (must pay $5.10+ or Charretera complete the Q)

OR 

Stella Sea Sun to win for Craig (must pay less than $10.60 or TC also wins to cancel it)

8 minutes ago, Blind Squirrel said:

Just another Friday night??🤣

Can you post a pic, please Rees? Congrats to you all on a well deserved team victory for the Turbos.. KK's plan to ambush you with a cunningly concealed Joker play backfired. A titanic battle between Rocky and Blind Squirrel, and Sharne maintained her great form. 

MM

• Like 1

Round 5 - Saturday Aug 1

Race 10 - Randwick R9

1st - 6 Off Shaw W-$5.80

2nd - 9 Charretera Q-$12.80  

Scr: 4,8,10,11 

4 FERDIES (1st)

$953.00 

3 points

1 CHIEFS (2nd)

$726.80

0 points

Miss Redoble tried hard but couldn't get The Chiefs, who all missed in the last, home. Heather found the ex-Kiwi winner to squeak past Jack in the last to secure a bonus point for the 'Naki for a 4-1 margin and take out Match Star honours. Her unlucky opponent Jack was Chiefs MVP. Well done team !

110.00 Ashoka

51.80 Ian

279.80 Heather

234.00 Jack

66.00 Zac 

77.00 Gee

248.80 PJ

170.00 Punter Pete

248.40 Maurice 

194.00 Stevie N

3 HURRICANES (5th)

$849.80

2 points

2 CRUSADERS (3rd)

$865.00

1 point

Stella Sea Sun never yelped and Steel Diamond only plugged for 4th so The Hurricanes held on to win with a BB from Man of the Match Porky (5 winners) their final collect. Rob also bagged a BB for The Crusaders at the death to secure Canterbury MVP status and ensure a higher aggregate for an important bonus point.

86.00 John 

35.00 Robert

117.00 The Crucible 

339.00 Rob 

266.80 Hesi

235.00 Craig

380.00 Porky

59.00 Tom

0.00 Virgil

197.00 Rex

1 KAURI KATS* (7th)

$866.60

0 (x 2 Joker play) = 0 points 

4 TURBOS (5th)

$1059.60

3 points

Miss Redoble tried hard for The Kauri Kats in the last but came up short so The Turbos - who failed to score in the last - held on to win and took a bonus point for the 4-1 margin. Sharne bagged a BB on her own in the last for The Kauri Kats whose Joker play proved unsuccessful. Blind Squirrel with 6 winners was an impressive Man of the Match while his opponent Rocky - unlucky in the draw - was Kats' MVP.

51.00 Max 

196.80 Ray

110.00 Graeme

189.20 Gary

366.60 Rocky

406.60 Blind Squirrel

262.00 Sharne

24.00 Rees

77.00 Jen

245.00 Steve P

2 BLUES (8th)

$912.60

0 points 

3 BARBARIANS* (6th)

$1115.60

2 (x 2 Joker play) = 4 points

The Blues were unable to turn it around in the last although Roland did bag a BB to collar Mardy but this was cancelled out by Moose also banking a BB to catch Gordy. Roland's late effort earned him Man of the Match honours while Richie was MVP for the victors who made good use of their Joker play coming away with 4 points. No bonus points were earned.

319.00 Roland

259.00 Mardy

170.00 Howie

130.00 Pam

122.80 Pete

310.80 Richie

130.00 Gordy

167.00 Moose

170.80 Geoff

248.80 Ziggy

* Joker play

The Table after Round 5

1st 18 FERDIES* $5396.80

2nd 13 CHIEFS* $6840.20

3rd 12 CRUSADERS* $4408.20

4th 10 HURRICANES $5283.00

5th 10 TURBOS $4944.60

-------chance to win the Championship above this line only---------------

6th 7 BARBARIANS* $3734.20

7th 2 KAURI KATS* $5020.60

8th 0 BLUES* $4419.60

* joker played

The Ferdies' win today over their nearest rivals The Chiefs allowed them to open up a 5 point gap at the top with two rounds remaining. No other positions changed although the Barbarians' successful Joker play puts them well clear of the two tailenders. Only the top 5 can now take out The Winter Championship with two sides - The Hurricanes and The Turbos - still each with a Joker up their sleeves. The Blues and Kauri Kats look set to fight out the battle for the Wooden Spoon. 

STATS

Best Scores
406.60 Blind Squirrel
380.00 Porky
366.60 Rocky
339.00 Rob
319.00 Roland

Worst Scores 

51.80 Ian

51.00 Max (same as last week !)

35.00 Robert

24.00 Rees

0.00 Virgil

Most Wins
6 Blind Squirrel

5 Heather

5 Rocky

5 Porky

Most Quinellas
2 Gary

2 Maurice

2 Blind Squirrel

Biggest Winning Margin
380.00 Porky
59.00 Tom

Narrowest Winning Margin
77.00 Gee

66.00 Zac

Highest Losing Score
366.60 Rocky

Lowest Winning Score
77.00 Gee

17 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Can you post a pic, please Rees? Congrats to you all on a well deserved team victory for the Turbos.. KK's plan to ambush you with a cunningly concealed Joker play backfired. A titanic battle between Rocky and Blind Squirrel, and Sharne maintained her great form. 

MM

Tell yah what Maxi. Let's get together and compare each others picks for nxt week, that way we may get a winner. Phhhtttt.  Pics in the mail, just try to picture Trevor Rupee.

1 minute ago, Globederby19 said:

Tell yah what Maxi. Let's get together and compare each others picks for nxt week, that way we may get a winner. Phhhtttt.  Pics in the mail, just try to picture Trevor Rupee.

the famous Carmen ...I met Carmen one night, at Kings Cross, as I left a restaurant and walked down some stairs and onto the footpath.

"Hello, boys! Where are you from?" she coo-ed. looking very glam all rigged up...

"Up north!" we said, looking for the nearest and quickest exit stage left!

"Oh, I went to Tikipunga School" she said as she started stroking my WRIST !! LOL

Truth to tell, it was hard to be offended...but she was right 'out there' as we said at the time and beat a hasty retreat.

The good old days, mate!

MM

• Like 2

ROUND 6 - Sat Aug 8

Meetings will be Te Rapa, Flemington and Rosehill

FERDIES (1st) vs KAURI KATS (7th)

Zac v Max

Heather v Rocky

Ashoka v Jen

PJ v Sharne

Maurice v Graeme

CRUSADERS (3rd) vs TURBOS (5th)

Tom v Steve P

Robert v Rees

Rob v Blind Squirrel

Rex v Gary

Craig v Ray

BLUES (8th) vs CHIEFS (2nd)

Geoff v Gee

Gordy v Jack

Pete v Punter Pete

Howie v Stevie N

Roland v Ian

HURRICANES (4th) vs BARBARIANS (6th)

Porky v Richie

Virgil v Mardy

Hesi v Moose

The Crucible v Pam

John v Ziggy

Round 7 (FINAL)

Blues v Kauri Kats (should be a cracker !)

Hurricanes v Turbos

Barbarians v Chiefs

Crusaders v Ferdies

8 minutes ago, Maximus said:

the famous Carmen ...I met Carmen one night, at Kings Cross, as I left a restaurant and walked down some stairs and onto the footpath.

"Hello, boys! Where are you from?" she coo-ed. looking very glam all rigged up...

"Up north!" we said, looking for the nearest and quickest exit stage left!

"Oh, I went to Tikipunga School" she said as she started stroking my WRIST !! LOL

Truth to tell, it was hard to be offended...but she was right 'out there' as we said at the time and beat a hasty retreat.

The good old days, mate!

MM

He he. Yeah she/it was something else. We used to see her at Carmen's coffee lounge in Wgtn. Chiffon dress, make up put on with a trowel, 110kgs tottering on high heels, quite a sight. Never flinched when being made fun of though. Hard case bugger.

3 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

He he. Yeah she/it was something else. We used to see her at Carmen's coffee lounge in Wgtn. Chiffon dress, make up put on with a trowel, 110kgs tottering on high heels, quite a sight. Never flinched when being made fun of though. Hard case bugger.

Carmen.jpg

When were you at Carmens coffee lounge in vivian st.?? Globe i used to go there Friday nights after going to Purple Onion

on way home when i was a teen. Many a good night was held there ...and at Downstage .with Simple Image and The Chicks Donaldson girls..

Judy and Sue ..oops i showing my age and a true Wellingtonian! Lol 

Once again many thanks to John and the Hurricanes and PJ for allowing my picks this afternoon late.

Congratulations to the Hurricanes.

Onwards team with us meeting the table toppers in last round, could be that our match with REES'S

TURBOS will decide how close we are to the Ferdies to challenge them ..... having said that Ferdies are proving a tuff group to crack !!!!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Godzstar1 said:

When were you at Carmens coffee lounge in vivian st.?? Globe i used to go there Friday nights after going to Purple Onion

on way home when i was a teen. Many a good night was held there ...and at Downstage .with Simple Image and The Chicks Donaldson girls..

Mate, you must be my age 67. The Downtown wasn't it. Up a long flight of stairs that you got thrown down by the bouncers if you caused trouble. Remember Quincy Conserve as resident band. Good times.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Godzstar1 said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1