The Race Place

Golf

Midnight Caller

Golf can be a cruel game! Last week Fillipo Celli (big odds) leads by one shot with just the 17th and 18th left.Bogeys both holes and loses in a playoff 🙄. Four placings last week left us a nice little profit.

This week we have the third Major of the season, the US Open in Los Angeles and the European  Challenge Tour. 

US OPEN: Koepka - the pick of the players short in the market. 

Homa - Local lad who is one of only a few that has course form and has shot a 61 around here, be that  was a few years ago. 

Rose - In great form with a win and  consistent T10 finishes  this season. 

S W Kim - great value in the field.Got him at 80/1, now into 66/60. 

Challenge Tour: Celli - Brown - Scalise - Townsend - Regnar

LPGA: OH looks great value e/w T10 finsh.

Off plan in the US Open I will roll a few coins on roughies Young - Cole - MW Lee - Fox - Suh.

Off plan have an antepost on Smith running. 

Good luck

Edited by Midnight Caller

52 minutes ago, Midnight Caller said:

Last one from me...

Those who like a Chinese whisper, both JT and Hovland were on 🔥🔥 during the practise round on Monday.1st round leader/winner 🪙

Maybe. That is one challenging course. Leads in softly ,then bang. I will stick to Rahm, I don't think an outsider will prevail here. 

This is how I see the weekend  pan out,with lots of tournaments to choose from. 

DP Tour: Larrazabal  McKibbin Crocker

USA: Lee  T Kim  SW Kim  Hardy Theegala 

LPGA: MJ Lee  Buhai  JY Kim

Korn Ferry Tour: Locals McAllister  Gotterup 

Nothing on the lucky Challenge Tour this week,but for people on the muilti trail I would consider Coussaud  Stone  Manassaro

Good Luck

Selections coming  to you live from The Belfry this morning. I will be following  around some of my players today, including Min Woo this afternoon. Look out for the big fella with the Red Socks cap 😁

British Masters has English feel about it with...

Kim  Whitnell  Smith  Armitage   Mansell.  Triple figure  rougjies Kimsey Pepperell Donaldson 

USA: Finau  Kim  Davis  Alberg  Suh. Roughie Tarren.

Challenge Tour: Scalise Cantero McGee Feldborg-Nielson

Korn Ferry: Hoey Skinns Kohles

After having  four winners in six weeks, the last two weeks have been poor by my standards. 

We have faith in the formula and stable runners...

DP Tour: Ferguson  Olsen  Migliozza R Hojgaard 

USA: Just two roughies Wu and Lipsky.  Those looking for shorter odds should  consider Mitchell  and Jaeger

Challenge Tour Italy: Feldborg-Nielson  Scalise  Manassaro  Pavan  Rusch

LPGA: Furoe  MJ Lee  M Kang

On 7/3/2023 at 4:16 AM, Midnight Caller said:

Outstanding last 4 holes by Hillar  to claim the British  Masters in a Kiwi like finish. Well done young fella👍

That was glorious to watch, and to hold his nerve on the last . That second to last putt looked like he had left it short and his reaction showed it, but it dribbled over the hump and kept going to give him a shot at it which he did. Great to see another Kiwi doing well on the world stage, he always showed potential.

On 7/6/2023 at 9:51 AM, Globederby19 said:

That was glorious to watch, and to hold his nerve on the last . That second to last putt looked like he had left it short and his reaction showed it, but it dribbled over the hump and kept going to give him a shot at it which he did. Great to see another Kiwi doing well on the world stage, he always showed potential.

Watch those last four holes again Globe, it was simply outstanding golf. I followed the young fella for a couple of holes on Thursday, where he parred and bogeyed the holes. He looks your typical Kiwi athlete with power and a strong core. He has come a long way since hitting  the European  Challenge Tour two years ago.More wins are definitely  in the pipeline. 

Final rounds today, could do with Manassaro putting  his head down on the line later today on the Challenge  Tour. Off plan, have win only  tickets running  on Smith and Schenk. Smith finding some nice form ahead of defending his Open crown in a couple of weeks.This year they play Royal Liverpool where Rory won back in 2014.

Concentrating on mainly  Europe  this weekend...

Challenge Tour: Elvira  Hammer  Manassaro  Walker  Pineau

Scottish Open: Anyone in the field could win this!  Aberg  Lee M W  Homa  Lowry  Rai  Fox  -  Roughies  Ferguson  Forrest  Hilliar

Korn Ferry: Skinns  Tuten  Hoey

Barbasol USA : Nothing here as tournament usually  throws up a first win on tour. Those looking at muiltis could throw in form players Pendrith  Norrman Streelman and roughie Kordaira who has some course form.

Two winners and a placing last week left us a tidy 28.5pt profit ,after  previous weeks -7 and -5pt losses.

Kiwi lads Hillier and Fox travelling  OK after the second round. I thought Fox was a little unlucky not finishing on -6, although  being fair his last 3 holes 7-8-9 were playing the hardest of the day. Hillier has lost nothing for his win and must be a place T10 chance  in The Open next week. Being from Wellington, the forces of mother nature shouldn't  hamper him on a Links course.

The Open is just teeing off and we have a mixture of bets across the board. 

I wouldn't  be put off Rory (course winner)or Rahm, and they are essential in the muilti market, but hold no value in the singles market.

Holding anteposts on Smith and T Kim taken many moons ago.

Best value is Johnson at 35/1, Koepka  Lowry  Lee  Fox.

Some good T20 value ... Ferguson and Jordan( course form) Perez N Hojgaard Hillier and Fox 4/1

Debutant winner   Ferguson 

Leading Amateur   Alex Mcguire.

Top American   Johnson  Koepka 

USA:  Hardy  Lipsky  Norrman  Murray.   Rough value Knox 120  Laird 130  Soderberg 140

Sorry folks, better late than  never!

LPGA: M J Lee  Grant  Buhai(great value)

USA: Stable regulars Cole Hardy Alberg Hojgaard Fox . Big  greens here would probably suit Fox. A T10 should be his minimum in this field.

Challenge Tour: Garcia-Heredia Blomme  Berardo

Fat Belly Tour: Standout with two course wins and Value at 12/1  Jimenez. 

Korn Ferry has been a bit messy of late, so those playing muiltis stable regulars Meissner  Kohles Coody Tosti can hold their own in this field

Just the two events this week as odds on the LPGA Scottish Open are very poor!

Challenge Tour: Our headline act is D Horsey a 125/1 shot( now into 90/1 with most firms). Hasn't been been in the stable for a while, but drops down in class here and knows this course. South African Jarvis @60/1 (now 45) was running close to top pick. Very talented and still good value in this field. They will be supported by stable regulars Chesters 35 and Manassero 25, with the  70/1 French player Roussel.

USA: S W Kim 25  Hadwin 50  Schenk 80  Svensson 70  Poston 35  Henley 25.    Last off the list was Streelman 80 a good top10 player but not a prolific winner.

For the multi players my three stable regulars Lee Ayaka and Buhai all have a chance in the Scottish Open. 

Good Luck 🏌‍♂️

Edited by Midnight Caller
  • Like 1

Morning all! An outstanding  day weather  wise, coming to you live from one of my local(ish) courses Walton Heath,hosting the LPGA BritishOpen this weekend, just a 25 min drive from Midnight Castle.The greens and fairways  are generous enough, but miss the fairways and you are in possible double bogey  material as the pretty heather that lines the course lies in wait.

I have four early tees and two afternoon  tees to  follow today.

M J Lee and L Grant are too short this week but will cover them with doubles with players too short in the FedEx Sheffler Morikawa and Hovland. 

British Open: Ayaka Furue 33  Buhai 66 Andrea Lee 150  Shibuno 120 and and out of form Lydia Ko 66 outstanding  price for the #5. History shows this is the time of year she hits form, with 5 T10 and 3 wins in August/September last year.Those looking for a T10  roughie P Tavatanakit 120

FedEx: Clark 35  Kim 40  Day 33  Straka 55  An 60  Roughie Hodges 100