The Race Place

Golf

Midnight Caller

36 minutes ago, Maximus said:

now Max is no great shakes as a golfer but did play for decades and does have a Hole In One to his credit but ..wot fascinated me about your analysis VC is that you end up picking a player to win who is not mentioned anywhere else in your assessment and with no reasons why Matsuyama is your #1 pick... care to explain?

MM

Mini Putt does not count

• Haha 2

VC has been summoned by Maximus security to please explain, 

VC has just settled into a cold bottle of Moët it had been on ice all day, staring at VC saying please drink me please drink me, however VC has been in a severe state of depression and paid the ultimate penalty this morning watching some Frankfurter ending his dream

Sorry Matsuyama yes well answered above by MC

VC’s version Matsuyama before the US Masters had suffered a neck injury and needed a brief enforced layoff anywho after shooting a 10 under 62 in his last round last week he is primed

7th in greens in regulation 

6th in approach to green 

Average drive 305 yards

Ball striking off the tee ranked 3rd

Morning tee time one of the first groups out

You still with me Max😊

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VC! said:

VC has just settled into a cold bottle of Moët it had been on ice all day, staring at VC saying please drink me please drink me, however VC has been in a severe state of depression and paid the ultimate penalty this morning watching some Frankfurter ending his dream

VC’s version Matsuyama before the US Masters had suffered a neck injury and needed a brief enforced layoff anywho after shooting a 10 under 62 in his last round last week he is primed

6th in approach to green 

Average drive 305 yards

You still with me Max😊

Loving your work  VC.

12 hours ago, VC! said:

6th in approach to green 

Average drive 305 yards

You still with me Max😊

maa-aaa-aaate fantastic post... Max started drooling and going green with envy as soon as you mentioned the Moet bit ... might have to check the updated odds and take one or two blokes just for the hell of it ....

as for the rather cruel Mini Putt' remark..I will tell you now that it was a par-3, 17th hole on a wintry Sat morning. Max had had a minor car prang the night before and had hurt his right thumb (top hand for a southpaw!) Couldnt get the club back past waist height..(thumb was actually broken but Max did not know) and was playing in a pairs qualifying round and had to play 'pitter patter' all morning. Used 'half-swing' 7-wood on a 145m flat par-3 !! Straight as a die onto the green and rolled in, according to Max's playing partner (Max of course too busy grimacing with the pain to look!).

Sigh. That's golf!

MM

A pretty  average  start and lose Sheffler,Cantlay + Champ at the cut.

Smith and Young in place contention,while Matsuyama  would have to be Kiwi! Win/place by Smith,Thomas, Schauffele,Young, Zalatoris or Matsuyama continues  the wee multi train with the last two Majors.Only other live ticket off the plan is on Fox T20 finish. 

Weather/draw has dictated the first two days,with early day 1/ late day 2 players, just not my players!😁

Edited by Midnight Caller

Staying with pretty much stable runners this week.The  early tees have begun in the Dutch Open.

Dutch Open: Two late tee offs in Wu and Hanna, Ferguson early  tee. Coetzee last off the list

USA: Morikawa  Na  Riley. IM last off the list.

Champions Tour: Looking outside  the obvious with Cejka(40) Harrington

Hola, coming to you from the lovely  island of Menorca this morning!

USA: Rahm is a little short(and I don't like taking fav's), but with his Mexican  win he is getting back on track.Hoping he finds the form again for this tournament, when he led by 6 shots going into the last round, only having to pull out with a positive  covid test. We are putting it on the nose.

Zalatoris  is better  ew value, while roughies Lipsky and Wu look big value

Germany: Early tees have just started,and we are going with some stable favourites. 

Meronk is getting  really consistent  on tour now and a win is very close.Gone are the days where you could pick him up at over 10/1  for aT20 finish.

Smith and Armitage look solid ew contenders with course form. Locals Schneider  and Ritthammer for value. 

LPGA US Open: Minjee Lee and Shibuno.   Saigo from Japan for a big price.

Those taking multis have to throw in our Kiwi champ doing the business  on the Champions Tour. 

Adios 

Two tricky courses that alot of the players haven't seen.So we are looking for a bit more value and have been patriotic to the countries laying on the tournaments  this week, on courses unknown by outside players.

Sweden: Soderburg  Stenson  Lagergren Bjork  Last off the list Scrivener.  Roughies Horsey and Paratore

USA: Hadwin  Hughes  Finau  Conners. 

On 6/2/2022 at 4:30 PM, Midnight Caller said:

LPGA US Open: Minjee Lee and Shibuno.   

Nice win by Minjee Lee MC

Geez this LIV tournament is a dead set joke, everyone is for sale at the right price, money rules the world, the root of all evils, I could probably start supporting Celtic at the right price😱

Cheers VC, needed that one with an outlay more than usual  last week. Also three near misses over the last three weeks. Agree, LIV is a bit of a shambles with only 48 players.It is not a tournament  you can bet into,and they should have waited until the end of the season to gather more momentum and players before launching.It will be interesting to see how the future  plays out re the PGA, and whether  they  do away with the Korn Ferry  circuit and amalgamate if numbers start heading for the desert 🏜. 3 days work, 120k for running  last.

Another  Major has landed this weekend, it is time for the US Open to draw us in.

I actually have 6 players live in treble/accas, so I'm playing with a full deck this week by leaving out the multi players for my singles, and playing for value.

We are taking three from the early tees and two who tee off a bit later in the day.

Early tees: Riley  Young  Horschel 

Late tees: Fitzpatrick  Neiman 

Roughies: Fox  Hoshino, also check out prices for them making the cut.

I think  early tees have the advantage on day 1, so would suggest Schauffele  Young Zalatoris  Riley Horschel. 

Those looking for doubles with your US Open selections, will get a run  for their Mon  with  Henderson and Minjee  Lee.

All the best

Come in VC!

• Like 1

I agree with you MC early tees on day 1 have a slight advantage wind wise and humidity wise in comparison to early tees on day 2

My top pick to win the tournament is Matt Fitzpatrick, he is leading a fair few stats, was right up there going into the last round of the PGA and also right in contention last week, he won the 2013 US Amateur on this course, a little dissapointed he has an afternoon tee slot

Will Zalatoris would be my second pick, he has a morning tee time and his 3 ball group is a good one Niemann Cameron Young, expecting this 3 ball to figure high up on the leaderboard

Davis Riley and Max Homa also figure in my expenditure this weekend, can't wait MC just over an hour before the first group tees it up, all the best

On 6/16/2022 at 10:42 AM, VC! said:

I agree with you MC early tees on day 1 have a slight advantage wind wise and humidity wise in comparison to early tees on day 2

My top pick to win the tournament is Matt Fitzpatrick, he is leading a fair few stats, was right up there going into the last round of the PGA and also right in contention last week, he won the 2013 US Amateur on this course, a little dissapointed he has an afternoon tee slot

Will Zalatoris would be my second pick, he has a morning tee time and his 3 ball group is a good one Niemann Cameron Young, expecting this 3 ball to figure high up on the leaderboard

Davis Riley and Max Homa also figure in my expenditure this weekend, can't wait MC just over an hour before the first group tees it up, all the best

Superb quinella VC! For a Major, that's top class punting in anyone's eyes🥇

Early tees have just started in Germany. 

BMW Germany: I can't  get away from  stable  runners  and they are still holding some value.

Smith   Fox   Hojgaard  Brun

Dark horse  Dubuisson @150  

USA,: It's  more of the same with...

Cantlay  Im   Finau       Roughie Hughes

Multi takers hopefully  won't go too far wrong  with...

LPGA: L Ko   Korda   Minjee Lee 

Roughie the big hitting Madsen

Champions Tour:  Alker  Harrington 

European Challenge Tour: Saddier  Knappe

Could the possible  happen? with a Kiwi treble  Ko  Fox  Alker

Good luck

Well done with your selection of Fitzpatrick MC, Brooke Henderson didn’t finish far from the winner on the LPGA tour either

I see another two have joined the LIV tour Brooks Koepka and Abraham Ancer

Good luck with the above selections they look solid

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, VC! said:

Well done with your selection of Fitzpatrick MC, Brooke Henderson didn’t finish far from the winner on the LPGA tour either

I see another two have joined the LIV tour Brooks Koepka and Abraham Ancer

Good luck with the above selections they look solid

Cheers VC, I was in two minds who to support going into the last round as Rory and Morikawa were still live in Major ew trebles and muiltis leading on to The Open at St Andrews. I had Fitzy shortlist a few weeks ago, and watched his rounds closely last week in the Canadian Open. He has been hitting the ball sweetly and Canada convinced me he was #1 selection  for value outside the big boys( got boosted odds). Hoping Rory and Colin can come alive in The Open, with two ew Major muiltis lasting the final leg with Fitzy doubles with R and C🤞.

Re the LIV Tour,they have eased into the golfing show, but there is  no way the Saudis are  going to sit back and play second fiddle. If you look at all the sports they have entered  into, Horse racing, football,  F1,etc golf is no different and they will want to be top of the tree

• Like 1

On 6/25/2022 at 7:13 PM, Midnight Caller said:

The NZ treble is all on, as Fox,Ko and Alker are all in the mix near the top of their respective  leaderboards @ 1800/1

Time to let Lydia and Danny go. I see Lydia engaged to son of leading Korean business figure and Lee already has Korean family. Lydia Ko nice lady and all that but really is Korean.

We are in the lovely emerald Isle this week  for The Irish Open, and the players are chasing some decent  money,so all will be trying. 

Irish Open: Lowry should be on everyones double/treble slip,but in the single we are looking  for the players with a little more value.

Rai  Lee  Fox

If you are having  a 1st round leader, throw in Caitlin Herbert Sullivan with the above.

Colorado USA: Two stable runners who are settling  in on the tour, Lipsky  Hardy  also Hadwin

1st rnd add  Champ McNealy Laird 

Doubletree taker,mix it with single selections  above with Pace + Stark in Europe and Chun Alexander Norrman and An on the unpredictable  Korn Ferry Tour

Good Luck