The Race Place

Golf

Midnight Caller

Just teeing off in the Scottish Open. 

Looking outside the favs again this week and dropping Fox for the first time in a few weeks, form player but no form in Scotland, so I'm  prepared  to  take the chance.

Rai   Lee M    Hatton   Horschel 

Muilti  takers should run their eye over...  Bryan in USA    Pederson to get back on track on European  soil and  the 3 amigos in Alker Stricker and Jimenez 

Good luck 

• Like 1

No one really in contention  last week, so we take the 4pt loss and spread the kitty far and wide this weekend, with the feature obviously The Open at St Andrews. Already holding tickets on Rory and Morikawa on Major trebs/doubs, so singles as follows...

Fitzy(won here as an amateur) Smith  Finau  Hatton.

Those looking for big number roughies Lee  Li  Frittelli  Arnaus  Willett.

Barracuda USA: Davis  Hagy  Putnam  Schwab

Slowly working  my way through this years 30 odd new players on the circuit from qualification school and University  golf on the unpredictable Korn Ferry, but have gone with an old fav with form here in Albertson. 

Good luck 

5 minutes ago, Midnight Caller said:

Two contributing factors this season are..

Family  on tour with him and monstering those par5s and reachable par 4's

Yep, he is one of the longer drivers on the the tour and he knows the Old Course pretty well, so would love to see him up near the top of the leader board. Always remember Michael Campbell hitting out of the very deep last bunker with a brilliant slice shot that rolled to within a foot or so. They haven't had much rain so the course will be fairly firm so plenty of roll. 

Big final day of The Open.

A long day forecasted as have been up since before 3:00am watching a couple of my Gee gees in Aus this morning. 

On plan, Smith is in contention and couldn't get a putt to drop all day yesterday. Fitzy and Hatton have place chances.Off plan Rory leads the £2Treble/£10double ticket for a combined substantial four figure sum on the  line. 🤞

11 hours ago, Midnight Caller said:

On plan, Smith is in contention and couldn't get a putt to drop all day yesterday. Fitzy and Hatton have place chances.Off plan Rory leads the £2Treble/£10double ticket for a combined substantial four figure sum on the  line. 🤞

Was hoping Mcllroy could get the job done for you for those doubles and treble’s MC when he birdied the 10th I thought he might  go on with it.

At least Cam Smith got the job done for you, he got hot on the back 9, so well done a Cameron quinella, 20 under winning score, you don’t often see 20 unders winning a major

Cazoo Classic UK: Olesen  Kinhult  Jordan  Dantrop who is stepping  up from the Challenge Tour @ 70/1

3M USA: Stable fav Riley, Champ who is in poor form but this course could buck that trend, Clark , Gotterup     Roughie Local Hossler 125/1

Evian Open has just teed off

Lee M, Thitikul,  Min Ji Park- off the scene  for a few months but very talented @60/1     Roughie Ayaka 90/1

Good luck

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, craigos1 said:

Just the one golf bet this weekend

Missed out on backing Ernie Els in Senior Open until completion of Round 1.

Only got him @ 11

Nice one Craig! He knows the course well, and played well enough  last week to take this.

Scanning  the field, my selection would be Thomas Bjorn.

Good Luck

• Like 1

Teeing off in half an hour up in Scotland,with Fox a hot favourite. I wouldn't put anyone  off him muiltis  wise as he has an early ,so first rnd leader could be a way of getting some value from him. But is too  short for me in the singles market.

Hero Open: More value in Forrest, Easton, Morrison and Dantorp, with the roughie being  Huizing.

USA: Young looks a good multi anchor but again  we look for a bit more value in...

Davis  Champ, Kisner, with the roughies  Hardy and Lebioda who have  been putting in solid efforts of late.

LPGA: Thitikul  with Ko and  Hataoka for muilti players 

Believe  it or not but there is is value  to be found in the LIV with J Piot @600/1 paying 6 places

Good Luck

Edited by Midnight Caller

17 hours ago, Midnight Caller said:

Got my Sth African  players mixed up🙄 (rush typing at the airport)so have added my original B Stone and also keep B Easton.

Apologies  for that mistake yesterday. Easton was last off my list and without my  names in front of me at airport auto type brought  his up🙄.Any hooten it has all worked  out well with us getting  better odds on Easton and he has started reasonably  well.

Watching some highlights  yesterday,  I thought that D Law played pretty well considering he missed a few approach  shots and Lydia  Ko was outstanding with the conditions  she had to face, with a bogey free round.

Heading into the final rounds, Dantorp looks the only hope again on the golf plan. Although Davis, after not being able to get a birdie to drop in round 2, had his putter  on fire in Round 3 for an outside  place chance today. 

Outside the plan we have a £1 treble riding on Young- Dantorp- Ko (we must land one of these sooner or later)

Lydia was putting poorly  yesterday  and still shares the lead.I can see her putting this field to the sword today.

The Women have an early tee off in Scotland  tomorrow  morning, so putting up early with...

LPGA: Thitikul and Ayaka

Cazoo Open Wales: Back at the lovely  Celtic  Manor, where tee to green is key. Going to the trough again with Dantrop, but this could  be the last time he is at any value and has paid his way with two placings in as many weeks.

Dantrop - Easton - Sullivan - Nienaber - Syme      Roughie Bjerregaard 200/1

USA: Kim S W - Champ - Horschel 

Last off the list Hatton

On 8/4/2022 at 11:05 PM, Globederby19 said:

Not a good start at plus 4, MC.  Mind you Lydia is evens, a slow start. 

I think it was two rounds of 4 over par,  misses the cut and takes my tenner!

Final rounds today and the boys in  Wales look the only real contenders.Leader Shinkwin was on my list but too short in the market for me. Easton is the key to a nice return if he holds on for some place money.

Teeing off in Northern Ireland in an hour or so . Note, playing two different  courses for Rnds 1 and 2 at Galgorm Castle and Massereene.Players who make the cut will play the last two rnds at Galgorm Castle.Really hard to find value this week in all tournaments.

Northern Ireland: Horsey  Syme  Tarrio  Catlin     Roughie Easton. 

USA: Im  Kim  Sheffler and Smith who has had a freshen up since his Open win, and drops a new tested driver into the bag. Last off the list Fitzy.

We will have a few small each ways on...

Hudeboll and Kimsey, who are drawn together on the Challenge Tour. 

LPGA: Pedersen and Talley  who play the same courses as the men in N Ireland. Maguire looks like one to definitely  add for muilti takers  on home turf.

Multi takers looking to add a bit more value  could choose  between  An  Dou Hall and the two Kim's on the Korn Ferry Tour

Good Luck 

2 hours ago, Midnight Caller said:

This week's selections  have a  familiar look to them.

D P World Tour: Nienaber - Ferguson - Crocker and Brun  roomy fairways for big hitters here.  Roughie Pavan

USA: Rahm - Im- Kim - Riley

My hasty fingers this morning  have auto typed in G Ferguson and not the player I selected a couple of weeks ago G Forrest. Ferguson  is not playing in the tournament. 🙄

Have added Pulkkanen  this morning for a 5 prong big hitters attack.

Pretty much only one tournament  to focus  on...

Denmark: Very even field with good value on all tiers.

Moller - Pulkkanen- Ferguson- Arnaus- Helligkilde- Mansell- Horsey.

Korn Ferry: For an interest 1pt spread over three players. 

Yaun- Will be keen to hold his lead on the K F points leaderboard. 

An and Norman will both be desperate to hold their tour cards for next season.