The Race Place

National Championships Super Comp Results Thread

PWJ

Max has finally been able to pause for breath during a very busy holiday weekend in Bedrock ...

Congrats Kats on securing 2 valuable points, esp Pam and Graame aka Foxy One who racked up good winning totals; Teams can't afford to go scoreless in a Comp over 7 weeks, so the Losers Bluesers did very well to take a Comp point. 

Max was apparently seen on Sat nite slinking away rather sheepishly from his phone after checking the result and spying the mere $6 diff between his-self and Gordy that proved to be crucial on the day. We'll take it - we had tons of rotten luck last year! Commiserations, Gordy, Howie and team. You are always tough opponents.

Joker plays over the next few weeks will 'make or break' teams' results. Dare the KKs play the Joker against the fearsome Ferdies currently ranked 7th this weekend? (hmmm) We've already played the team ranked 8th.

Thanks PJ for persevering when things weren't going well Sat morn. Rule amendment re scratchings very good. It's each captain's job to deal with scratchings, not yours. 

MM 

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 2

On 1/30/2021 at 9:36 PM, Babymakesherblujeanstalk said:

Steelers - you guys are awesome! - Craig thank you for all your help & Rees, Ritchie, Von for making me feel like one of the boys 

PJ , Thank you for killing me with Aus stuff cos now I don't feel quite so bad for near killing you with my dipshitness this AM  😂 Great Play & thank you for an exciting Match & Comp - am thoroughly enjoying - appreciate your hard work!

Well said, that girl ...Max is liking you more and more!

MM

8 hours ago, PWJ said:

I believe we are having closer matches than

He He. You think yrs are close. With a buck each way sometimes its only a matter of cents between 10 points and 5 points in the Harness comp. I am ( Rex has seconded it) ditching the hidden posts on a sub forum for our Harness comp, (even though everyone seems to have grasped it)for reasons of Pete's sanity and the clash with your comp which I think should take precedent . 

So you will be able to see everyone else's picks. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PWJ said:

Jungle Edge - a Super Comp stalwart: no wonder he likes a wet track !

He He, reminds me of Andy saying that at the Cambridge racecourse swimmer they cringe when the Harness horses (usually Arna or Nicky) turn up. Your precious /fickle TB horses can only manage a short while in the pool, while those Harness buggers go up and down ,up and down and piss every one off waiting to get in.lol 

1 hour ago, Globederby19 said:

He He, reminds me of Andy saying that at the Cambridge racecourse swimmer they cringe when the Harness horses (usually Arna or Nicky) turn up. Your precious /fickle TB horses can only manage a short while in the pool, while those Harness buggers go up and down ,up and down and piss every one off waiting to get in.lol 

Fortunate they don't allow cows.. they'd outswim them all  🙂  

• Haha 1

Round 3 - Saturday Feb 6

Race 1 - New Plymouth R2

1st - 8 Aquila Star W-$7.80 

2nd - 7 Sagunto Q-$110.50  

Scr: 9,10

1 STEELERS (1st) 156.00

2 HURRICANES (3rd) 390.00

Rees and Baby get the Steelers underway but Porky and TC each with BBs plus John reply for the 'Canes to hand them the early advantage

0.00 Craig 

156.00 Porky

78.00 Baby

78.00 John

78.00 Rees

0.00 Virgil

0.00 Von Smallhausen

156.00 The Crucible

0.00 Richie 

0.00 Hesi

1 BLUES (8th) 78.00

0 CRUSADERS (2nd) 0.00

The Cantabs draw a blank in the first as Howie gives himself and the Jaffas an early lead.

0.00 Geoff 

0.00 Rex

0.00 Gordy

0.00 Rob

78.00 Howie 

0.00 Tom

0.00 Roland 

0.00 Wrinkles

0.00 Pete

0.00 Robert

0 CHIEFS (4th) 78.00

2 TURBOS (6th) 234.00

Jack is off the mark for the Chiefs but so is opponent Blind Squirrel whose teammates Ziggy and Gray hand the Turbos a nice lead.

0.00 Punter Pete

0.00 Steve P

0.00 Stevie N

78.00 Ray

0.00 Gee

0.00 Gary

0.00 Ian

78.00 Ziggy

78.00 Jack

78.00 Blind Squirrel

2 FERDIES (7th) 234.00

2 KAURI KATS (5th) 234.00

Maria, Heather and PJ on the Waverley winner for the locals but Graeme (with a nice BB), and Pam reply for the Kats. Personal leads for all but the scorer so all square after one.

78.00 Heather

0.00 Sharne

0.00 Zac

0.00 Jen

78.00 PJ 

156.00 Graeme

78.00 Maria

0.00 Max

0.00 Maurice 

78.00 Pam

No jokers today

From the Mighty Blues perspective I think we're more relieved that Sagunto didn't get up at 34-1 for that good Crusaders man Wrinkles, than we are pleased that Aquila Star got up for me at 7-1 . 🙂

Dramatic form reversal by Sagunto. That's what keeps horseracing the fascinating entertainment that it is. 

Just now, Sir Gallivant said:

78.00 Howie 

0.00 Tom

No need to worry Tom if Howie starts in a flash he comes quickly to a sudden halt ....u got this buddy !!!!

hehe .... them's fightin' words, my ole buddy Rex ! 
I didn't think we'd need to resort to this... but I think we're gonna have to let Geoff off the leash. Show no mercy, Geoff ! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Blues go further ahead with Tavilight or The Gift and go 4-zip clear with Ocean Point while Watchmaker helps

Crusaders draw level with Petty's Legacy, Sooo Dusty, Street Fightin Man or Showmehowitsdone and seize the lead with Chokito

Where do the Crusaders find these things ? 😁

Crusaders draw level with Petty's Legacy, Sooo Dusty, Street Fightin Man or Showmehowitsdone and seize the lead with Chokito

Well Howie if its a Brian and Shane Anderton's Benefit Day.Why not add Claire Anderton runner

been unlucky last few starts and Courtney can ride well!!😆

• Like 1

Round 3 - Saturday Feb 6

Race 2 - Wingatui R4

1st - 4 Showemhowitsdone W-$9.70 

2nd - 5 The Gift Q-$12.30  

Scr: nil

1 STEELERS (1st) 156.00

2 HURRICANES (3rd) 511.60

The Steelers draw a blank down South as Porky snags a nice quinella to give Craig plenty to catch. No change overall but the Wellington lads building a nice aggregate.

0.00 Craig

277.60 Porky

78.00 Baby

78.00 John

78.00 Rees

0.00 Virgil

0.00 Von Smallhausen

156.00 The Crucible

0.00 Richie 

0.00 Hesi

1 BLUES (8th) 175.00

1 CRUSADERS (2nd) 97.00

Only Geoff for the Blues and Tom getting The Cantabs underway on the Riccarton visitor with both taking personal leads leaving it all square.

97.00 Geoff 

0.00 Rex

0.00 Gordy

0.00 Rob

78.00 Howie 

97.00 Tom

0.00 Roland 

0.00 Wrinkles

0.00 Pete

0.00 Robert

0 CHIEFS (4th) 78.00

3 TURBOS (6th) 253.00

The Chiefs all miss as Captain Squirrel goes back-to-back and now leads Jack to extend The Manawatu boys advantage.

0.00 Punter Pete

0.00 Steve P

0.00 Stevie N

78.00 Ray

0.00 Gee

0.00 Gary

0.00 Ian

78.00 Ziggy

78.00 Jack

175.00 Blind Squirrel

2 FERDIES (7th) 234.00

2 KAURI KATS (5th) 234.00

The Gift would have put the 'Naki crew ahead but no one found the Riccarton visitor.

78.00 Heather

0.00 Sharne

0.00 Zac

0.00 Jen

78.00 PJ 

156.00 Graeme

78.00 Maria

0.00 Max

0.00 Maurice 

78.00 Pam

No jokers today