National Championships Super Comp Results Thread

PWJ

To win:

Ferdies need-

Thermosphere to win for Zac

OR

Big Parade to win for Maurice

Chiefs need-

Southern Lad to win for Stevie (must pay less than $7.10 or Virgil will beat Gee)

OR

a Mo's Crown-Big Parade quinella for Jack in that order and hope it pays enough (unlikely)

Blues need-

Southern Lad to win for Gordy (and possibly Pete {4-1})

OR

a Thermosphere-Southern Lad quinella in that order for Gordy

OR

a Thermosphere-Big Parade quinella in that order for Geoff and hope it pays enough

Turbos need-

a Big Parade-Lillemor quinella in that order and hope it pays enough to get Steve past Robert, while Big Parade needs to pay $3.80 to get Blind Squirrel home against Wrinkles

The long and winding Mighty Blues road leads all the way to Southern Lad in the last.

Southern Lad is racing down a grade and with an apprentice claim. Now 3rd up and ready to put the hooves in the till .... ... a live chance to save the day for the Mighty Blues. Inspired choice, Gordy.
Plan B ...... accumulate enough dollars in the last to surpass the Kauri Kats' aggregate, and thereby take away a point.
Actually ..... no need for Plan B ...................Southern Lad has got this !  

Edited by TooFast
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, TooFast said:

The long and winding Mighty Blues road leads all the way to Southern Lad in the last.

Southern Lad is racing down a grade and with an apprentice claim. Now 3rd up and ready to put the hooves in the till .... ... a live chance to save the day for the Mighty Blues. Inspired choice, Gordy.
Plan B ...... accumulate enough dollars in the last to surpass the Kauri Kats' aggregate, and thereby take away a point.
Actually ..... no need for Plan B ...................Southern Lad has got this !  

He loves it wet Howie !

• Like 1

Well done, Graeme.

When Southern Lad was looking to muscle his way out of the trail soon after straightening up I was on my way to the the back of the tote to collect. Then the fantasy stopped dead in its tracks.

Pretty sure we Mighty Blues come away with a 'Higher Aggregate' point, so a small but appreciated consolation for a steady day's effort.

Thanks to "teamies", to worthy winners the Kauri kats, and of course ...most of all ...... thank you, PJ.

Congrats Ferdies , Well done.

What an awesome battle.

Geez I thought we were hangin" on but not to be.

To my teammates awesome effort ,onwards and upwards I say.

Cheers PJ .................I don't envy you one bit...................I was losing the plot looking after only my team.

My own fault though and Rural Broadband has disconnected only 17 times today!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Globederby19 said:

How on earth did we lose that one. Maurice you naughty boy.😜. Great effort team, 2 points I think for greater aggregate and team profit. Well done guys.

Been quite a few years since I been called naughty boy Rees.  Probably close to 70 actually

• Haha 3

Just now, Globederby19 said:

How on earth did we lose that one. Maurice you naughty boy.😜. Great effort team, 2 points I think for greater aggregate and team profit. Well done guys.

Sorry team,2 weeks in a row I have made a profit and lost.Had a decent multi.going with Mo Crown but ridden against its usual.pattern today

Round 2 - Saturday Jan 30

Race 10 - Rosehill R9

1st - 3 Big Parade W-$2.50 

2nd - 10 Lillemor Q-$6.10  

Scr: 2,7,9

2 CHIEFS (2nd)

$1124.20

1 point

3 HURRICANES (3rd)

$985.80

2 points

Southern Lad gave the 'Canes a fright when he poked his head through the gap half way up the straight but he couldn't round it off so the Wellington lads held on to win. Everyone bar Gee on the winner in the last with TC nailing the quinella and BBs landed by Jack, Punter Pete, Hesi, Virgil and Porky. Punter Pete was Man of the Match with Porky MVP for the Hurricanes. The Chiefs earned a bonus point for a higher aggregate.

147.00 Jack 

211.00 John

153.00 Stevie N

190.00 Hesi

217.00 Gee

125.00 Virgil

422.20 Punter Pete 

145.20 The Crucible

185.00 Ian 

314.60 Porky

3 FERDIES (8th)

$1232.60

2 points

2 STEELERS (1st)

$1405.60

2 points

The Ferdies two chances in the last ran 1st and 3rd so they managed to turn the match around when Maurice got up to defeat Richie. Ferdies Heather and Maria also found the Parr pouncer as did VS who snagged the quinella. Rees, who got off to a great start with his quinella in the first, was Man of the Match while PJ's 7 winners earned him MVP honours for the 'Naki side. The Steelers were amply compensated for defeat with two bonus points for a higher aggregate and a team profit. The runner-up Lillemor would have given them a 4-1 win and 4 points ! Good match people

345.60 PJ

275.40 Baby

78.00 Zac

87.20 Craig

311.60 Maurice 

293.20 Richie

211.00 Heather

473.60 Rees

286.40 Maria

276.20 Von Smallhausen

1 TURBOS (4th)

$1184.20

0 points

4 CRUSADERS (5th)

$1221.80

3 points

The Turbos got the right result they needed in the last - a BB quinella for Steve and a BB for Captain Squirrel - but as suspected it just didn't pay enough to get Steve and The Squirrel home so the Crusaders ran out 4-1 winners taking a bonus point for the margin. The final winner also tipped by Gary, Wrinkles and BBs from Robert & Rob. Ray put up a great tally for Man of the Match while his opponent Rob was Cantab MVP. 

448.20 Ray 

296.20 Rob

169.00 Gary

265.00 Tom

230.00 Steve P

280.80 Robert

147.00 Blind Squirrel

159.60 Wrinkles

190.00 Ziggy

220.20 Rex

2 BLUES (7th)

$824.40

1 point

3 KAURI KATS (6th)

$773.40

2 points

Southern Lad, Thermosphere and Big Parade were all factors in the finish but not in the order needed by The Blues so the Kats held on for their first win in the comp. In the last Pam & Graeme collected for the victors while all The Blues bar Gordy replied with Pete and Roland (victorious over the Mrs) added best bets. Match Star was Pam who tipped 5 of the last 6 winners while Captain Howie was MVP for the Auks who took a bonus point for a higher aggregate, only achieved in the last.  

65.00 Gordy

71.00 Max

303.00 Howie

139.20 Sharne

155.20 Pete 

316.40 Pam

137.20 Geoff

233.80 Graeme

164.00 Roland

13.00 Jen

• Like 1

TABLE AFTER ROUND 2

1st 5 points STEELERS $2258.60

2nd 5 points CRUSADERS $1958.80

3rd 4 points HURRICANES* $1873.40

4th 3 points CHIEFS $2046.20

5th 3 point KAURI KATS $1649.40

6th 2 points TURBOS $2011.60

7th 2 points FERDIES $1934.20 

8th 1 points BLUES $1589.60

Despite losing today their two bonus points kept the Steelers on top of the table while victory for the Crusaders saw them move up to 2nd spot. The Hurricanes' win enabled them to maintain 3rd while defeat for The Chiefs cost them two places. Wins for the Kats and Ferdies saw them each gain a slot while The Turbos slid two places in defeat and the Blues dropped one to the foot of the ladder. Seven Joker plays to come in the next 5 weeks !

STATS

Best Scores
473.60 Rees
448.20 Ray
422.20 Punter Pete
345.60 PJ
316.40 Pam

Worst Scores 

87.20 Craig

78.00 Zac

71.00 Max

65.00 Gordy

13.00 Jen

Most Wins

7 Porky

7 PJ

6 Howie, Pam, John, Maurice, Heather, Maria, Von Smallhausen, Ray & Robert

Most Quinellas
2 Robert

2 Steve P

2 Rees

2 Pete

2 Pam

2 Graeme

Biggest Winning Margin
422.20 Punter Pete
145.20 The Crucible

Narrowest Winning Margin
71.00 Max

65.00 Gordy (again !)

Highest Losing Score
296.20 Rob

Lowest Winning Score
71.00 Max

ROUND 3 Draw

Meetings will be Wingatui, New Plymouth & Caulfield

STEELERS (1st) vs HURRICANES (3rd)

Craig v Porky

Baby v John

Rees v Virgil

Von Smallhausen v The Crucible

Richie v Hesi

BLUES (8th) vs CRUSADERS (2nd)

Geoff v Rex

Gordy v Rob

Howie v Tom

Roland v Wrinkles

Pete v Robert

CHIEFS (4th) vs TURBOS (6th)

Punter Pete v Steve P

Stevie N v Ray

Gee v Gary

Ian v Ziggy

Jack v Blind Squirrel

FERDIES (7th) vs KAURI KATS (5th)

Heather v Sharne

Zac v Jen

PJ v Graeme

Maria v Max

Maurice v Pam

• Like 1

On 1/30/2021 at 7:19 PM, PWJ said:

ROUND 3 Draw

Meetings will be Wingatui, New Plymouth & Caulfield

STEELERS (1st) vs HURRICANES (3rd)

Craig v Porky

Baby v John

Rees v Virgil

Von Smallhausen v The Crucible

Richie v Hesi

The comp faves vs the comp leaders - looking forward to this one.

• Like 1

POSTING PROCEDURE REVIEW AND CHANGES

Saturday's postings were a disaster. At one stage I had 10 tabs open trying to fix mistakes for people who can't follow instructions despite 90% being able to. I nearly closed the PC and walked away.

In future it will be up to Captains to replace scratchings. I will not try and help them by advising of scratchings, postings on wrong threads and so on. The comp will close 15 minutes before race 1 when the thread will be unlocked. This will give Captains 10 minutes to fix any issues. 5 minutes before race one I will close off the comp - end of story. Nothing will be accepted after that. I will post that it is closed. I strongly urge Captains to have their team mates send them their selections in a PM. This will negate the need for the 10 minute "grace period". I will make these changes to the rules on Wednesday when the fields are posted.

Also DO NOT EDIT POSTS - for the 10th time I'm saying this ! If you have alterations, scratching replacements, then post them in a NEW POST.

If you don't know where to post, ask. Pete has provided very clear instructions on this. We don't want another day like last Saturday.

On a more positive side I believe we are having closer matches than previously due to the new system which should be great for everyone's entertainment

• Like 1