The Race Place

Spring Super Draft Comp Results Thread

PWJ

Well done Five O. I don't think there is a way for us to beat you now.

Just remember Hesi that a little graciousness goes a long way whether you win or lose.

(And by the way you owe me 35 bucks. Why do I have to chase you for this EVERY month?)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PWJ said:

To win-

UTR need King's Watch to win for Wrinkles and Sharne (despite Punter Pete nailing Pete)

AK need Kluger to win for Max & Graeme (4-1 win)

OR

Fifty Stars to win for Moose

Is that a cross between Kings Will Dream and Nights Watch PJ? Do we get both? 😃

Mustelid TV: NEWSFLASH

Updating the dramatic scene at Reykjavik airport, where AK Flight 0911 is under siege from deluded hijackers. A spokesman for AK Airlines says the flight's captain and its consignment of irreplaceable Animals are remaining calm while specially trained negotiators are attempting to reason with the hijackers, who say they will blow up the plane if their demands are not met.

Negotiations are being led by the legendary Japanese expert Tomokazu Takano and his iconic Kluger squad, heavily supported by Iceland's 'Fifty Stars' brigade of crack troops.

We will, of course, keep you up to date with developments in this fast-unfolding drama

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, pete said:

Well done Five O. I don't think there is a way for us to beat you now.

Just remember Hesi that a little graciousness goes a long way whether you win or lose.

(And by the way you owe me 35 bucks. Why do I have to chase you for this EVERY month?)

It's just that you mentioned a while back that you hate to be beaten by a team by yours truly  in.

Anyway, all good, I better shut up in case Night's Watch gets up:classic_smile:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, rocky way said:

Someone said they saw members of team dynamite walking into a bank with dynamite in their pockets.Watch for a betting plunge on kluger and fifty stars.Ill back them both so that will certainly stop them.

Fifty Stars, Head, Magic Wand, Kluger Dead heat Melody Belle for 3rd. Easy ay

SEMI-FINALS - SAT NOV 9

Race 10 - Flemington R8

1st - 14 Magic Wand W-$5.30

2nd - 15 Melody Belle Q-$8.70
Scr: 17,18

Subs: #15 then #14

1 ANIMAL KINGDOM (1st)

$725.40 

4 DYNAMITE (4th)

$1248.40

AK's two hopes - Kluger and Fifty Stars - travelled well in the run but had nothing in the straight and no one from the Animules managed to find the final winner, something managed by Dynamite duo Ziggy and Stevie who each added the quinella AND doubled up with BBs. Stevie nailed Heather at the death to give Dynamite a 4-1 winning margin. Brave effort from Max's herd with Heather standing out as MVP although they were let down by just 5 collects in the Oz leg. Dynamite put in a very solid team effort with last week's hero Ziggy edging Stevie for Man of the Match honours. 

189.00 Rob 

94.80 Junior Mac

137.80 Maximus

271.20 Ian

232.80 Heather

301.20 Stevie N

118.00 Moose

267.00 Rocky

153.80 Graeme

314.20 Ziggy

2 UNDER THE RADAR (2nd)

$894.40 

3 FIVE-O (3rd)

$1199.80

UTR's only hope - Night's Watch - got a dream run but couldn't quicken so Five-O held on to progress to thew Grand Final, congrats guys ! Only PJ found the final winner and added the quinella for good measure to take Man of the Match honours. Hesi was Five-O MVP picking 6 of the first 7 winners. Five-O failed to score in the last 3 races leaving the door open but UTR couldn't take the opportunity, Thanks to my team mates for an enjoyable comp and good luck to our opponents in what will be a tough Grand Final.

143.40 Pete 

130.00 Punter Pete

69.00 Tom 

377.80 Hesi

98.40 Sharne

196.20 Virgil

457.60 PJ

190.80 John

126.00 Wrinkles

305.00 Craig 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

STATS 

Best Scores
457.60 PJ
377.80 Hesi

314.20 Ziggy

Worst Scores 

98.40 Sharne

94.80 Junior Mac

69.00 Tom

Most Wins

8 PJ

6 Hesi

6 Stevie N

6 Rocky

Most Quinellas

3 Ian

3 PJ

2 Ziggy, Craig, Virgil, John, Stevie N, Graeme, Heather

Biggest Winning Margin
377.80 Hesi

69.00 Tom

Narrowest Winning Margin
143.40 Pete

130.00 Punter Pete

Highest Losing Score
232.80 Heather

Lowest Winning Score
143.40 Pete

Firstly thanks to all member of Animal Kingdom and Under The Radar for making it this far and being such fair and honest competitors and for the injections of humour from some of you. Best wishes to the two sides - the 3rd and 4th seeds no less - in their big GRAND FINAL.

GRAND FINAL - SAT NOV 16

Meetings will be Riccarton, Sandown and possibly one each from Gate Pa and Newcastle.

FIVE-O vs DYNAMITE 
Craig v Junior Mac
Punter Pete v Ziggy
John v Ian
Virgil v Rocky
Hesi v Stevie N

• Like 1

Mustelid TV: BREAKING NEWS - update

The hijack drama at Reykjavik airport is over. It's understood AK Airlines Flight 0911 has left Reykjavik under the control of the hijackers, who promised no harm would come to the captain
and team of priceless Animals if the state-of-the-art jet was refuelled and allowed to land at Big Dance City next Saturday. 

A spokesman for AK Airlines said there is immense relief that no-one was seriously harmed, despite the obvious trauma for all concerned. No statement has yet been issued from the hijackers, who claim to be misunderstood 'freedom fighters' seeking revenge and justice for past wrongs of an unknown nature. A full report on the events of today is not expected until tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Congratulations, Team Dynamite ...a truly explosive finish, nailing us AKs in those crucial last two races after we'd put our snouts in front. And well done Five-O finishing powerfully to make the Grand Final. On behalf of we Animals - Rob, Graeme, Heather, Moose and Max - many thanks to all players we have met and done battle with in this tremendous Super Comp over the last four months. Great fun.

Animals, you all rock ...everyone contributed consistently and at times heavily over many weeks. It's been fab to see it all unfold, and my pleasure and privilege to lead you into the fray every week. Special thanks to PJ, who somehow manages to score and update everything very efficiently every week, while picking truckloads of winners himself!

MM

D:

xoxo

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 2

Well played Dynamite Ziggy another barnstorming finish Rocky I believe tonight’s pudding delicacy is Mousse enjoy

Stevie N you’ve been in consistent form over the last 6 weeks but be wary of the Hesinator he has hit is straps he Vows to give you a punting lesson and Declared himself a good thing

Junior You were warned a loss would result in no Liverpool Man City live coverage

Looks like my lunch plans for next Saturday have gone right out the window here I was planning Something special but now looks like I’m having Mexican arrrgh!

Taxi Taxi.....Taxi for Maxi great effort from your chippers to win the Minor Premiership your Novels will be sorely missed congrats on a fine comp

PJ hard luck to UTR PJ you’re like a fine wine you just get better with age I would have to say I think this has been close to your finest comp almost unbeatable the beauty it was done in Spring where champions rise and you certainly did that

Well done Five 0 I had you guys in my top 4 from the get go some how I know 2 individuals one from each side who’ll really be wanting to win this so all the best

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A shame to see you exit Maxi, fascinating and motivated competitors and contributors like yourself, are what help to set this comp apart from all others

Thanks, and good punting, still lots of great racing to come this coming week, then it's onto all the cup meetings in NZ , then Boxing Day/NYD

• Like 1

We did manage on our visit to Animal Kingdom to secretly film some unseen footage of AK training 

Exclusively to Raceplace we will unveil some very disturbing footage Graeme aka (Brown Fox) was violently thrown across the room when asked who he thought would win the much anticipated clash he could only utter two words

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks so much Mr Jenkins for a wonderful Comp.

Thanks fellow Animals for being a true fighting animal. Loved being with you, Especially our awesome leader. Maximus, you are a true funny gemtleman. I laughed so many times.

Good luck to finalists. You both deserve accolades. Congratulations to you.

Hope to see you all again soon.

Cheers and cheers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1