The Race Place

Mid-week trivia

PWJ

14 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

Well it's a no brainer as far as lady goes. Kiri Te kanawa. Could be Wairoa racecourse. Was it some home coming occasion. Did she originate from  there?

Yes I can see why you thought it was Kiri but not the right person. Not Wairoa either but a track, as you can see, of equal standing.....

Looks like you are right Maria

Title supplied by library. Appeared with article: [Frame 23] The Christchurch Star Sports, Saturday, 15 May 1971, p. 16. Newspaper caption: Old friends met again at the Rangiora races today when Miss World (Jennifer Hosten) gave Mountain Lion, the winner of the first race a friendly pat. Jennifer had ridden the horse in exercise at Wingatui recently when she visited the track.

m.png

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

Gorgeous horse he was.   I used to ride on his back as a youngin when my Dad led him from the yards to the track in the morning.

Well done Maria. Miss World was a bit gorgeous too. Mountain Lion unfortunately broke his neck in a fall in the Great Northern

Ok enuf 'dissing of Carmen, please ...Mx never felt more special than the night he was wandering along King's Cross (straight out of the SCG after a World Cup ODI)...and was hit upon by the gorgeous Carmen, who stroked his Maximus wrist to maximum effect and purred: "Oooh! Where are you from, my lovely??

Being a proud Kiwi from the north one could barely squeak out the word "Whangarei" ...which sent Carmen into raptures cos he/she "went to Tikipunga High School don't ya know!"

Ah! The memories!

MM

Edited by Maximus
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Maximus said:

Ok enuf 'dissing of Carmen, please ...Mx never felt more special than the night he was wandering along King's Cross (straight out of the SCG after a World Cup ODI)...and was hit upon by the gorgeous Carmen, who stroked his Maximus wrist to maximum effect and purred: "Oooh! Where are you from, my lovely??

Being a proud Kiwi from the north one could barely squeak out the word "Whangarei" ...which sent Carmen into raptures cos he/she "went to Tikipunga High School don't ya know!"

Ah! The memories!

MM

Thank God that dissertation ended where it did...

• Haha 2