The Race Place

Winter Super Comp MARKET

Hesi

Market

$5 - Puppet Masters

Much as I hate to say it, but must be favourites under Ian's steady and accomplished hand.  I think he has won the last 3 comps, so hard to go against that.  Then again, he could have trained off, so who knows.  Hotshot regulars in Raymondo and Zig, but missing Stevie.  Was he the glue that held previous teams together.  Midnight Caller, always seems to have a lot to say, but can he pick winners, maybe not.  And Roland, the enigmatic Roland, he will either be top of the aggregates or tail the field, and if he does, that will dictate whether this team finishes ahead of the field

$25 - Wily(Will they) Wombats
No they won't.  What was PJ thinking, or drinking, picking a group of relative unknowns in GOJ, Tassie T and the Squirrel.  The skip is well out of form, so they will be relying on a performance from the ubiquitous but out of code Rees.  A definite contender to finish last

$20 - Wolf Pack
New captain Gordon, therefore probably out of his depth in this field, the singer with the band will flounder away from his normal steadying influence.  Wrinlkes a bit of a sleeper, but they don't call him Wrinkles for nothing, been asleep under a tree for awhile so will not be up on current form.  Jack is a bit of a robber in this team and Derby runner Pam, could bring some respectability to where this team finish

$30 - More Moet
Well at least it is a selected team this time, so no excuses when they tail the field, as they more than likely will do.  Sorry fellas and fellowesses, but that is the reality.  With Max, Gee, Jen and Rex, it is like Phar Lap on elephant juice.  The Robber being the only consistent player

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Market

$5 - Puppet Masters

Much as I hate to say it, but must be favourites under Ian's steady and accomplished hand.  I think he has won the last 3 comps, so hard to go against that.  Then again, he could have trained off, so who knows.  Hotshot regulars in Raymondo and Zig, but missing Stevie.  Was he the glue that held previous teams together.  Midnight Caller, always seems to have a lot to say, but can he pick winners, maybe not.  And Roland, the enigmatic Roland, he will either be top of the aggregates or tail the field, and if he does, that will dictate whether this team finishes ahead of the field

😆😆😆

If this isn’t the lay of the year, then I haven’t seen it yet

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hesi said:

I believe you know Ian well, and would be well advised not to bet against him🤭

Let’s not forget I was part of those last 3 winning teams

Now with the star studded Wolf Pack, normally the hunters, but we will be the hunted

I have a special appetite for puppets 

Oh yeah you mentioned glue, quite right Hesi and now they’re held together by string😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/17/2021 at 7:43 PM, PWJ said:

327.00 Secret Squirrel

127.00 Hesi

On 1/22/2022 at 6:19 PM, PWJ said:

82.40 Hesi

398 Secret Squirrel

On 4/30/2022 at 5:07 PM, PWJ said:

THE (FINAL) MAGNIFICENT SEVEN

2371.00 Gee (Chiefs) (5/2)

2206.20 Robert (Swamp Foxes) (5/2)

2030.00 Secret Squirrel (Magpies) (4/3)

2178.40 Pam (Kauri Kats) (4/3)

2020.40 Rees (Swamp Foxes) (4/3)

1908.20 Howie (Blues) (5/2)

1781.00 Tom (Ferdies) (6/1)

What were you thinking 🤔 picking me PJ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Maximus said:

how on earf  did those other captains manage to let this one slide on by ...??

C,mon Max, its obvious the Imperial Airforce were grounded due to the Covid Pandemic. Primed now and ready to head for the sky, those Zero,s should be humming ,especially with those new 454 big blocks.🤣

• Haha 1

Market

$3 - Puppet Masters, Much as I hate to say it, but must be favourites under Ian's steady and accomplished hand.  I think he has won the last 3 comps, so hard to go against that.  Then again, he could have trained off, so who knows.  Hotshot regulars in Raymondo and Zig, but missing Stevie.  Was he the glue that held previous teams together.  Midnight Caller, always seems to have a lot to say, but can he pick winners, maybe not.  And Roland, the enigmatic Roland, he will either be top of the aggregates or tail the field, and if he does, that will dictate whether this team finishes ahead of the field

$5 - Reapers
Now the Royal Reapers, with Derby winner Duchess Heather gracing the team, top of the aggregate Tonka and astute punter Smiler.  Unknown quantity of the Plumber, but will come in handy when it comes to cleaning up teams like Schitt's Creek.  All Hesi has to do is keep this team pointed in the direction of the winning post and they could win it

$7 - Ramones
This is the smoky to win the comp, with some hard core seasoned selectors such as Gary, Tom, Porky, the newly returned Moose who was snapped up quickly and ably led by hall of famer Richie

$10 - Wolf Pack
New captain Gordon, therefore probably out of his depth in this field, the singer with the band will flounder away from his normal steadying influence.  Wrinlkes a bit of a sleeper, but they don't call him Wrinkles for nothing, been asleep under a tree for awhile so will not be up on current form.  Jack is a bit of a robber in this team and Derby runner Pam, could bring some respectability to where this team finish

$13 - Schitt's Creek 
Led by keen punter Our Maizcay, this team has a chance, albeit small, and they could end up very quickly being up Schitt Creek without a paddle.  Steve Paul and Graeme are well used to toughing it out.  Not so sure about Phar Lap(a Thai derived word that means lightning) and Howie, who is very much in unfamiliar company, and away from his beloved Ellerslie

$20 - Wily(Will they) Wombats
No they won't.  What was PJ thinking, or drinking, picking a group of relative unknowns in GOJ, Tassie T and the Squirrel.  The skip is well out of form, so they will be relying on a performance from the ubiquitous but out of code Rees.  A definite contender to finish last

$20 - Drink!
Down there with the other alcoholic beverage Moet
Capt Pete, the good the bad and the ugly when it comes to punting, joined at the hip to Sharne, and there is 'little' she does not know about thoroughbreds, the fossicking squirrel that sometimes finds a nut, Maurice and Punter Pete, 2 serious punters that may have to carry this team

$25 - More Moet
Well at least it is a selected team this time, so no excuses when they tail the field, as they more than likely will do.  Sorry fellas and fellowesses, but that is the reality.  With Max, Gee, Jen and Rex, it is like Phar Lap on elephant juice, could come in by the length of the straight, but then again could be pulled up.  The Robber being the only consistent player

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lightning Blue said:

Wow !! the Puppet masters have been backed in from 5-1 in the Hesi early market to 3-1 Fav already. Someone knows something ? Seems the Team to beat then?..

The Reapers are Well under the odds... a fool and his money ?

Hmm the best punters on here will tell you not to follow the sheep.

The Reapers should be at 50/1 in my book.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Maximus said:

Moet Max has taken a screenshot of this $25 assessment and rather insulting ranking (ie the despised outsider in an 8-horse field). A team with the legendary Gee, Rex, Jen and Rob in a Winter-tracks Comp! Wuffies for Afwica!!

Hopefully it will come back to bite the Grimmers of Reapers fair on his rusty sickle!

Hrrrmmmppphh!

MM

Well at least you weren't called the good, the bad and the ugly.

Market comment after Round 1

$3 - Puppet Masters, Much as I hate to say it, but must be favourites under Ian's steady and accomplished hand.  I think he has won the last 3 comps, so hard to go against that.  Then again, he could have trained off, so who knows.  Hotshot regulars in Raymondo and Zig, but missing Stevie.  Was he the glue that held previous teams together.  Midnight Caller, always seems to have a lot to say, but can he pick winners, maybe not.  And Roland, the enigmatic Roland, he will either be top of the aggregates or tail the field, and if he does, that will dictate whether this team finishes ahead of the field

Did enough to justify continued favouritism, with the old firm in form

$5 - Reapers
Now the Royal Reapers, with Derby winner Duchess Heather gracing the team, top of the aggregate Tonka and astute punter Smiler.  Unknown quantity of the Plumber, but will come in handy when it comes to cleaning up teams like Schitt's Creek.  All Hesi has to do is keep this team pointed in the direction of the winning post and they could win it

Also did enough to hold down second fave, ominous signs, particularly Heather and the Plumber, the scythes are sharp this comp

$7 - Ramones
This is the smoky to win the comp, with some hard core seasoned selectors such as Gary, Tom, Porky, the newly returned Moose who was snapped up quickly and ably led by hall of famer Richie

Disappointing start with so many guns

$10 - Wolf Pack

Also disappointing, with only Stevie, out to disprove the bookie, giving any respectability to the team

$13 - Schitt's Creek 
Led by keen punter Our Maizcay, this team has a chance, albeit small, and they could end up very quickly being up Schitt Creek without a paddle.  Steve Paul and Graeme are well used to toughing it out.  Not so sure about Phar Lap(a Thai derived word that means lightning) and Howie, who is very much in unfamiliar company, and away from his beloved Ellerslie

Reasonable start, but it was a triple joker play that they no longer have, with a passable 9 points to show, but against potentially the last place getters.  Other teams will do better with theirs

$20 - Wily(Will they) Wombats

Poor first up showing, the skip needs to rally this team, or they will be in the quinella at the wrong end

$20 - Drink!
Down there with the other alcoholic beverage Moet
Capt Pete, the good the bad and the ugly when it comes to punting, joined at the hip to Sharne, and there is 'little' she does not know about thoroughbreds, the fossicking squirrel that sometimes finds a nut, Maurice and Punter Pete, 2 serious punters that may have to carry this team

Pretty well picked by the bookie on how this team would go first up, but they will happily take the 2 points.  Capt Pete showed why the reference was made, that was ugly

$25 - More Moet
Well at least it is a selected team this time, so no excuses when they tail the field, as they more than likely will do.  Sorry fellas and fellowesses, but that is the reality.  With Max, Gee, Jen and Rex, it is like Phar Lap on elephant juice, could come in by the length of the straight, but then again could be pulled up.  The Robber being the only consistent player

Also well picked by the bookie, but will the elephant juice be flowing next week

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gospel Of Judas said:

Might only done one of these comps, but got third in it. Like see rest of you lot try beat my score. Did manage to make profit last week. After six weeks of no punting, so you lot should be well ahead of me😉 

Don't take it to heart mate it's one person's rather biased take on this.

Any person in the comp can have a great day or a bad day. Those that try to attribute  some sort of mythical skills to themselves are liable to fall flat on their faces.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Gospel Of Judas said:

Might only done one of these comps, but got third in it. Like see rest of you lot try beat my score. Did manage to make profit last week. After six weeks of no punting, so you lot should be well ahead of me😉 

You alright Gospel. Were you having a gin or 2 late last nite hehe ... Anyway if its any consolation when it comes to Harness selections the ones I prefer not to be up against are the likes of yourself, Richie, Steve P & Brown Fox plus the Dark Horses eg Mardy & Dancing Show can zip up the passing lane & get ya on the line. 

2 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

the ones I prefer not to be up against are the likes of yourself, Richie, Steve P & Brown Fox

Steve P and Brown Fox absolute guns Karrots and have already slipped the field in this event . and many lengths in front . with 9 points after week 1.

Even with some 'dead-weight ' like LB in the team, which is supposed to handicap them and keep Schitt's Creek back with these strugglers (esp like the Reapers lol) 

If Richie or GOJ were in 'Schitt's Creek' instead of LighteningB,  then the other 7 Teams were No Chance .

Get on the 13-1 odds with Hesi he put above ?? ( SC should be Even-money favourite in the real world lol..... )  

Edited by Lightning Blue
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lightning Blue said:

If Richie

Speaking of whom, when is he going to get put on 10m mark. He must be an R75 now with all his wins or has he got the Jnr driver concession on.

1 hour ago, Gospel Of Judas said:

winking eye is! 😉

Ok got it 😉

What about recently when Happy asked if anyone was in mobile at start of R1 Addington & I answered yes a person in a yellow top & a person in a grey top. You guys must of been cracking up behind your computers. Too polite to say anything 😉

Happy Cracking Up GIF

Edited by karrotsishere