The Race Place

Harness Racing Trivia . Who am I from the clues?

Lightning Blue

1 hour ago, Addington said:

Bob Camerons colours in 2nd place?

3 hours ago, ngakonui grass said:

kotare legend

Kotare Legend in 2nd place is our boy !!  well done again NG. 

seen here in the photo running 2nd to Robalan in the Nz Cup , with Young Quinn the hot favourite back in 3rd spot. Not sure who his driver was. 

56 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

Lord Module ? 

Absolutely , he is the one we're looking for. well done Maria .

A very popular horse that won the Nz Cup after rearing at the start and giving them 50m at least . (and then had a little help from stable-mate Sunseeker )

Lord Module quite a brilliant 3 year old , gained his Cup class open ranking at that age. 

Tactile 1963, Garcon Roux 1969, Kotare Legend 1974, Noodlum 1975, Stanley Rio 1976, Belmer's Image 1977, Lord Module 1978, Matai Dreamer 1979, Armalight 1980, Hilarious Guest and Mai Mai 1982. 

that completes the field !  the year date is their impressive 3 year-old year when graduated.

1 hour ago, Addington said:

Gonna take a wild stab here but Royden Glen

Now that is one smart horse. He would of been 3 the year after Hilarious Guest in 1983 . They had the huge Nz Derby crash that year ☹️ with 10 coming down at the winning post just after the start. Royden Glen was stuck on the track for 10-12 minutes. was quite a tumble....

Then RG came back to be Undefeated Champion at 4 years old,  winning 12 from 12 !! (including Auckland Cup) so a nice bounce back from that Derby disappointment. 

BTW Belmer's Image was the other 'Bob Cameron' drive for Jim Dynes. 

Tactile 1963, Garcon Roux 1969, Kotare Legend 1974, Noodlum 1975, Stanley Rio 1976, Belmer's Image 1977, Lord Module 1978, Matai Dreamer 1979, Armalight 1980, Hilarious Guest and Mai Mai 1982. 

Edited by Lightning Blue

4 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

that completes the field !  the year date is their impressive 3 year-old year when graduated.

I know its a bit pedantic but Young Quinn in his 3yr old year after changing to Charlie Hunters stable actually competed in invitational races against Vanadium , Arapaho, Speedy Guest and company (all open class Cup horses)and competed well.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

Yep . you have the George Noble flyer !  so 6 of the 9 horses have been found.

Happy New year to you Believer Team-mate. You have come up with 2 likely horses that made Cup class as 3 year olds, but Not before Hilarious Guest in 1982 criteria for the question.  So that's a miss .

Sorry about that. I didn't read the question thoroughly enough.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Blackie said:

Would of been quite a Derby field that.

From the gate? I’d go Lord Module all day.

Pretty game you are Blackie , the old Module stallion mightened even score up ? lol. Plus being in the same crop of 3 year olds as Roydon Scott he didn't win a Derby either. Main Star winning the GN derby that year. 

So I'd go NOODLUM , easy winner of the Nz derby in his year and a real talent.  Armalight pretty slick too. 

• Like 1