The Race Place

NPC Spring Super Comp 2023 - entries called for

PWJ

Thanks PJ . Looks like the Chiefs are back in action.  (narrow loss to the Crusaders i see there in Nz) 

Captain Jack will be saying that 'LB' is for 'Lead-Bag' in the team 😉. But we came out of the blocks hard last season, to lead for a big chunk before being swamped late (when the extra weight told) 😆

Maybe the Chiefs will hang on this time round ? count me in .......🏇🏆

Edited by Lightning Blue
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, PWJ said:

So only Antz, Tonka & Howie in the pool and one more player needed. Where's MC ? Where's Rex ?

I did a bulk email to all members, 2 days ago.  I think Howie indicated Ferdies and Ian wants Antz for the Magpies

2 hours ago, Hesi said:

I did a bulk email to all members, 2 days ago.  I think Howie indicated Ferdies and Ian wants Antz for the Magpies

Heather took the last Ferdies spot as a previous player and I have assigned Antz to the Magpies.

Tonka and Howie are new Highlanders' signings.

Just leaves us one player short.

PLEASE NOTE

I will run a poll once the teams are finalized as to whether you want a closed selection thread as we have had for the past couple of years or go to a permanently open selection thread.

Slight change. I said earlier that the posting thread will be open permanently but there will be a restriction of at least 6 different picks (of 20) for those who post after their opponent

TEAM STATUS REPORT

* captain

Kauri Kats

Sharne, Max*, Pam, Graeme,Jen

Chiefs

Gee, Tassie Tiger, Jack*, Lightning Blue

Turbos

Ziggy, Gary, Ray, Blind Squirrel, Our Maizcay*

Swamp Foxes

Jamison, Punter Pete, Maria*, Rees, Black Caviar

Ferdies 

Maurice, PJ, Geoff, Heather, Hesi*

Highlanders

Craig*, Rob, Tonka, Howie,

Magpies

Stevie N, Secret Squirrel, Ian*, Richie, Antz

Blues

Gordy*, Moose, Pete, Roland, Smiler

One more player needed !

4 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

There are four in the Chiefs and four in the Highlanders, or is there someone additional to Rex that hasn't been given a team yet?

Fine trotting man (and gallops man) Double R Robert is still in the Chiefs . (he indicated earlier) 

PJ has missed putting his name here today tiz all. the Chiefs are on the warpath and there no 'John Wayne's around to stop progress (hopefully) 

• Like 1

TEAM STATUS REPORT

* captain

Kauri Kats

Sharne, Max*, Pam, Graeme,Jen

Chiefs

Gee, Tassie Tiger, Robert, Jack*, Lightning Blue

Turbos

Ziggy, Gary, Ray, Blind Squirrel, Our Maizcay*

Swamp Foxes

Jamison, Punter Pete, Maria*, Rees, Black Caviar

Ferdies 

Maurice, PJ, Geoff, Heather, Hesi*

Highlanders

Craig*, Rob, Tonka, Howie, Rex

Magpies

Stevie N, Secret Squirrel, Ian*, Richie, Antz

Blues

Gordy*, Moose, Pete, Roland, Smiler

Thank you to everyone. We have 8 complete teams. Draw soon.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Perhaps some other old lag could do a market/comment this time.

Last time I did it, we won, which was awfully embarrassing(NOT lol)

Well that's not that hard. although haven't been in prison (yet lol.)

Kauri kats , Max has taken the ladies (and Graeme) to victory previously and the defending champs are going PURRfectly for a defense of their NPC title = 3 - 1  fav

Turbo's , sure to be 'Turbo'-charged by Capt Maizy for a big performance. With Ziggy in there , they will be Zigging and Zagging and giving a great sight = 4 - 1 

Swamp Foxes , will be 'out-foxing' many an opponent and sure to be on the pace for a big chunk of the race..... But will they be 'Swamped' late ? =  5 - 1 

Highlanders , will be taking the high road , the low road and any road they can find in a bid for victory. If Captain Craig takes ' Road to Nowhere ' by talking heads on his music channel , this could effect their finishing performance =  6 - 1

Blues , the Blues Brothers could be singing the Blues , when the pace goes on in the comp. As Dan Akroyd the most famous Blues brother said "we're on a mission from god" . Devine intervention might be needed for the Blues here too = 7 - 1

Chiefs , when you get too many Chiefs and not enough Indians , the work load could lead to the broth being spoiled . or is that cooks ? lol. could cook up a win or 2 and get their drums beating. = 8 - 1 

Ferdies, seems a Ferdie is a 'Bold Voyager' so the Ferdies might put in a bold bid for victory , but ultimately might have covered to much ground on their 'trip' and come up with travel fatigue. = 9 - 1

Magpies, looks like they ran back in the field last season so not a lot of form on the board. anyone with any connection to Collingwood possibly not thinking clearly either. seems to be the rank outsider = 20 - 1

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Well that's not that hard. although haven't been in prison (yet lol.)

Kauri kats , Max has taken the ladies (and Graeme) to victory previously and the defending champs are going PURRfectly for a defense of their NPC title = 3 - 1  fav

Turbo's , sure to be 'Turbo'-charged by Capt Maizy for a big performance. With Ziggy in there , they will be Zigging and Zagging and giving a great sight = 4 - 1 

Swamp Foxes , will be 'out-foxing' many an opponent and sure to be on the pace for a big chunk of the race..... But will they be 'Swamped' late ? =  5 - 1 

Highlanders , will be taking the high road , the low road and any road they can find in a bid for victory. If Captain Craig takes ' Road to Nowhere ' by talking heads on his music channel , this could effect their finishing performance =  6 - 1

Blues , the Blues Brothers could be singing the Blues , when the pace goes on in the comp. As Dan Akroyd the most famous Blues brother said "we're on a mission from god" . Devine intervention might be needed for the Blues here too = 7 - 1

Chiefs , when you get too many Chiefs and not enough Indians , the work load could lead to the broth being spoiled . or is that cooks ? lol. could cook up a win or 2 and get their drums beating. = 8 - 1 

Ferdies, seems a Ferdie is a 'Bold Voyager' so the Ferdies might put in a bold bid for victory , but ultimately might have covered to much ground on their 'trip' and come up with travel fatigue. = 9 - 1

Magpies, looks like they ran back in the field last season so not a lot of form on the board. anyone with any connection to Collingwood possibly not thinking clearly either. seems to be the rank outsider = 20 - 1

It's a saying(old lag) I picked up when I was working in the UK.  Don't take it personally just because you are Australian lol

• Haha 1