The Race Place

Final Group A Games - Fifa Womens World Cup

Howard Atkinson

2 hours ago, Our Maizcay said:

ust watched the England vs Nigeria game

why, immediately after the penalty shootout, do we have to listen to the inane drivel from the crew in the NZ studio

Just completed the 2nd match Maizey, and Aus Matilda's have knocked off the Great Danes like a pack of dashing Blue Heeler's. 

So your crew might have the inane drivel , but the Oz crew has gone into a bit of 'insane drivel' 😂 ..  oh good stuff. well done Matilda's . great performance. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

Just completed the 2nd match Maizey, and Aus Matilda's have knocked off the Great Danes like a pack of dashing Blue Heeler's. 

So your crew might have the inane drivel , but the Oz crew has gone into a bit of 'insane drivel' 😂 ..  oh good stuff. well done Matilda's . great performance. 

and all of this LB without Sam Kerr even breaking a sweat yet

would love to see your women beat the English to reach the final, but a bit of water still to go under the bridge 

• Like 1

What I thought was a defining moment at the end of the penalty shootout, and separates the men's game from the women's was  two of the England girls consoling the Nigerian goalkeeper when they could have kept on dancing around the park and celebrating. Nice touch.

And LB , I hope the Matildas carry on the good form. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brown fox said:

Pity the English male players couldnt remain as composed as the women in penalty shootouts😁

That last World Cup in Qatar, Harry Kane did the big 'Blaze over the Bar ' from a penalty during regular play. (he had scored a Penalty earlier in match against the defending Champions France . )  The 1/4 Final finished 2-1 to France . England eliminated (again). more or less by a missed Penalty margin lol..

they become such High Pressure games that even the Coolest of Penalty takers can Miss the target .  

yeah I think England missed 3 or 4 in a row in the Penalty shoot-out at the end of the last Euro (European Championship) so Italy took home the choc's from that Wembley Final.  the locals must of been devastated.

The English girls have that ominous shadow looming ?? 😂 

3 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

The English girls have that ominous shadow looming ?? 😂 

Their coach has  a sublime tactical nous. They immediately changed to  a 4-4-2 when their player got sent off to counter the Nigerian attack. They would now be my fav to win it, but I would dearly love to see the Aussies cause a boilover. 

52 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Their coach has  a sublime tactical nous. They immediately changed to  a 4-4-2 when their player got sent off to counter the Nigerian attack. They would now be my fav to win it, but I would dearly love to see the Aussies cause a boilover. 

V good team the Pomeranians but cant say I was impressed by someone thinking it was OK to stomp all over a prostate opponent's buttocks/lower back.

Even less impreesive was the fact that Ms James thought she could get away with it.MM

For that reason alone I hope the English dont progress much further. Max might just have to adopt the Japanese for the remainder of the tournament.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maximus said:

V good team the Pomeranians but cant say I was impressed by someone thinking it was OK to stomp all over a prostate opponent's buttocks/lower back.

Even less impreesive was the fact that Ms James thought she could get away with it.MM

For that reason alone I hope the English dont progress much further. Max might just have to adopt the Japanese for the remainder of the tournament.

I had no idea women had a prostate.

1 hour ago, Maximus said:

Jen will be cheering for her Asian cuzzies and the Kats this weekend too. NOT!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brown fox said:

Not sure it was a stomp.Picture in the paper showed the Nigerian player smiling as James steps on her.

come on now, Foxy One, you can't defend the indefensible. Deliberate and clearly avoidable stomp. If the Nigerian gal is smiling it can only be because she knows where Lauren James is going.

MM