The Race Place

Spring Super Draft Comp Results Thread

PWJ

10 minutes ago, TooFast said:

Sorry non-Too Fast aspirants for the final berth into the playoffs ..... I've put enough on Exhilarates to stop it likes it's slammed into a brick wall.  You're good folks ... but I had to do it.  You watch !  😄

Oh dear.

1 minute ago, TooFast said:

Pumped just did you a massive favour, Pete. 
I made a small fortune off Exhilarates. .....but would rather have made the playoffs.
That's racing !
WEll done, Pete & the Superiors.
We nearly had ya. 🙂

Howie I would take the money any day. But of course I'm a right wing capitalist rich prick🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Round 14 (Final) -  Tuesday Nov 3

Race 10 - Flemington R10

1st - 6 Exhilarates W-$7.10

2nd - 17 The Astrologist Q-$16.70  

Scr: 1,3,5,14

4 REAPERS (4th)

$1566.60

4 points

1 DAYLIGHT (2nd)

$905.00

0 points

One More Jack - Daylight's hope faded out so The Reapers notched up another win and secured a Finals place. TC and Ray bagged BBs for Daylight in the last where all The Reapers bar Roland found the Godolphin winner with Tom and jack doubling up with BBs. TC was an unlucky MVP for Daylight drawing Man of the Match Tom who scored an impressive $575. The Reapers took bonus points for a team profit and 4-1 margin.

575.60 Tom 

368.00 The Crucible

363.00 Jack 

257.00 Ray

201.00 Hesi

72.00 John

116.00 Roland 

121.00 Ian

311.00 Craig

87.00 Pam

3 BLACKBOOKERS (3rd)

$1085.00

2 points

2 SUPERIORS (5th)

$967.20

0 points

The Blackbookers could have been downed by any one of 3 good chances in the last with runner-up The Astrologist coming closest but they held on with Midnight C bagging a BB and Dino - who was our MVP - also on the McEvoy winner. The Superiors - for whom Sharne was MVP all missed in the last. Have they done enough to hold on to their finals spot (see below). No bonus points were earned.

313.00 Midnight C 

120.00 Mardy

71.00 PJ

120.00 Pete

274.00 Richie

221.00 Punter Pete

320.00 Dino

228.00 Steve P

106.00 Maurice

278.20 Sharne

3 MAXISQUILLIONS* (8th)

$1000.60

2 (x 2 Joker Play) = 4 points

2 NO EYE DEER* (1st)

$938.00

0 (x 2 Joker play) = 0 points

The Astrologist nearly pulled it off for No Eye Deer in the last although Gordy (quinella), Ashoka and Stevie all found the winner anyway as did Maxis Max and Graeme (each with BBs) as well as Heather. Captain Max was a very impressive Man of the Match while Stevie pipped Ashoka for NED MVP honours. No bonus points were earned.

41.00 Rob 

374.00 Stevie N

89.60 Georgy Boy

0.00 Jen

594.00 Max

104.40 Gordy

93.00 Heather 

348.00 Ashoka

264.00 Graeme 

111.60 Porky

3 PUMPED (7th)

$852.60

2 points

2 TOO FAST* (6th)

$746.20

0 (x 2 Joker play) = 0 points

The Battle of the Desperates had a shock conclusion when BBs for Rees and Ziggy enabled them to get up and defeat their respective opponents Geoff and Rex to secure a Pumped win albeit a hollow one as it still wasn't enough to get them into the Finals. Too Fast must be gutted, as the Blackbookers had obliged them by beating the Superiors and all they needed to do was hang on and win and a Finals place was theirs. Bad luck guys. Robert who also bagged a BB in the last was Man of the Match for Too Fast while Blind Squirrel - another BB bagger in race 10 - was Pumped MVP. No bonus points were earned.

127.00 Moose 

321.60 Robert

280.00 Blind Squirrel

0.00 Howie

192.00 Ziggy

63.00 Rex

111.60 Gary 

272.00 Gee

142.00 Rees 

89.60 Geoff

* Joker play

FINAL TABLE

1st 30 No Eye Deer $16,770.80

3rd 30 Blackbookers $15,548.00

2nd 30 Daylight $15,403.60

----assured of a Finals Berth above this line......

4th 27 Reapers $14,163.40

5th 21 Superiors $16,410.60

------ Finals Qual Mark------------

6th 21 Maxisquillions $15,482.60

7th 20 Pumped $13,376.80

8th 19 Too Fast $16,175.80

No Eye Deer may have lost and but their aggregate was enough to nail down the Minor Premiership from The Blackbookers who took 2nd spot off Daylight today with a win. The Reapers and Superiors held on to 4th and 5th and will be the remaining Finalists although in the latter's case it was only decided by aggregate from the unlucky Maxisquillions. Too Fast's last race demise saw them finish last on the table when they were looking at 5th with just one race remaining.

Thanks to Pumped (who went out with a win anyway), The Maxis and Too Fast for your participation and contributions. I am sure you will follow the Finals closely.

No Eye Deer get a rest but the other 4 Finalists are back in action this Thursday. Don't forget !

• Like 3

STATS

Best Scores 
594.00 Max
575.60 Tom
374.00 Stevie N
368.00 The Crucible
363.00 Jack

Worst Scores 

71.00 PJ

63.00 Rex

41.00 Rob

0.00 Jen

0.00 Howie

Most Wins

5 The Crucible

5 Tom

5 Craig

5 Max

Most Quinellas
2 Sharne

Biggest Winning Margin 
594.00 Max
104.40 Gordy

Narrowest Winning Margin
121.00 Ian

116.00 Roland

Highest Losing Score
368.00 The Crucible

Lowest Winning Score
89.60 Georgy Boy

• Like 1

As we 'Too Fast' now bow out of this fine competition, all that remains is for us is to firstly congratulate the 5 very worthy team finalists on making the 'big round' and wishing each team all the very best in your endeavours to take out 1st place. I'm sure there will be some close and enthralling match-ups to come.
And secondly and most importantly we Too Fast thank PJ for this wonderful entertainment that he puts on for us each and every week. A peerless performance scoring and commentating into the bargain. 
Many thanks, PJ.
From a personal point-of-view I'd like to thank my accomplished team-mates Sir Rex, Robert, Geoff and Gee, whose combined fine performances saw a grand team aggregate of $16,175 and as PJ said, only one race away from a place in the playoffs. Unfortunately for the team my own individual performance was woefully inadequate this time around, there's no way to sugar-coat it, and ultimately that cost us going further in this comp.
But onwards and upwards, a PJ Super Comp is addictive entertainment and I'll be back next time around for sure. Hopefully with a better contribution to make.
Until then....Too Fast out. 🙂

• Like 9

FINALS ROUND 1 - Thursday Nov 5

Meetings will be Flemington and Otaki

MATCH A - ELIMINATION FINAL

REAPERS (4th) vs SUPERIORS (5th)

Jack v Pete

Roland v Steve P

Tom v Mardy

Craig v Sharne

Hesi v Punter Pete

MATCH B - QUALIFYING FINAL

BLACKBOOKERS (2nd) vs DAYLIGHT (3rd)

Midnight C v Ray

Dino v The Crucible

Richie v Ian

PJ v Pam

Maurice v John

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PWJ said:

FINALS ROUND 1 - Tuesday Nov 3

Meetings will be Flemington and Otaki

REAPERS (4th) vs SUPERIORS (5th)

Jack v Pete

Roland v Steve P

Tom v Mardy

Craig v Sharne

Hesi v Punter Pete

BLACKBOOKERS (2nd) vs DAYLIGHT (3rd)

Midnight C v Ray

Dino v The Crucible

Richie v Ian

PJ v Pam

Maurice v John

Think that should be Thursday November 5 PJ.

Bugger, had given up and gone out to celebrate my grandsons 20th. YYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSS. Oh sorry Howie that was rather disingenuous of me. Great match To Fast, but a dead rubber in the end for both of us. 

A big thankyou to my team, Blind Squirrel, Gary, Moose, and my bro in law Steve , we promised so much early on but it dried up for us . But that finish will get me back for the nxt comp. 

Thankyou to all the other participants on here, and well done those in the Finals, and the friendly banter which makes the whole thing so enjoyable.

Lastly, a hearty thanks to PJ once again for a superb competition. Well done fella.

• Like 4

Nice win again today Reapers, thanks for the match, but nice to beat you John

A big task for the 4th and 5th placegetters, but we'll give it a nudge in true scything spirit.

Thanks again PJ for the gargantuan effort you put in, appreciated by all

Round Match Name Team 1   Team 2
1 A Elimination Final Rank 4 v Rank 5
B Qualifying Final Rank 2 v Rank 3
2 C 1st Semi Final Loser B v Winner A
D 2nd Semi Final Rank 1 v Winner B
3 E Preliminary Final Loser D v Winner C
4 F Grand Final Winner D v Winner E

This is considered a good playoff system, as while it allows fifth place to take part, it is incredibly difficult for fourth and them to be crowned champions as they must beat every other team at some point.

If all matches have the same odds to win, then Seed 1 has 37.5% to be champion; Seed 2 and 3 have 25% to be champion; Seed 4 and 5 have 6.25%

Seed 1 has two chances to reach the final, and only needs to win 1 match to clinch it. It is only eliminated before the final if loses against both finalists, and doesn´t win any match

Seed 2 and 3 need to win 2 out of 3 matches to reach the final (they are like in a best-of-3 semi-final, but with different opponents in any round)

Seed 4 and 5 need to win all other 4 opponents without loss to be crowned. Any loss means its elimination

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to all Maxis' opponents for the entertainment throughout the winter and spring. Invariably enthralling, whatever the result.

From cellar dwellers less than a fortnite ago to missing the finals by a hairlip! and on a 4-game winning streak! We'd have been Dangerous!!

The beautiful thing is that over 14 weeks, the swings and roundabouts of Lady Luck tend to even out - we had our chances, Maxis. Just had a tad too much to do in the last match!

On behalf of we five Squillionaires, hearty Congrats to all qualifiers, and a squillion thanks to the maestro who makes it all happen for us, PJ. Well done, sir!

Finally, a special THANKS from me to Graeme, Heather, Rob and Georgy Boy. Fab team-mates, always reliable, always competitive, always up with the play, gracious and sporting - win, lose or draw. cap'n Max is delighted and honoured to have been on your side through two tremendous Super Duper Comps in 2020.

Hopefully we can do it all again soon.

MM

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

FINALS ROUND 1 - Thursday Nov 5

Race 1 - Otaki R3

1st - 13 Signora Nera W-$2.70

2nd - 17 Prince Leo Q-$144.40  

Scr: 1,3,9,11,16

0 REAPERS (4th) 54.00

2 SUPERIORS (5th) 108.00

Tom and Hesi get The Reapers swinging but all The Superiors bar Steve reply so personal leads for Sharne and Pete see their side take an early handy advantage.

0.00 Jack

27.00 Pete

0.00 Roland

0.00 Steve P

27.00 Tom 

27.00 Mardy

0.00 Craig

27.00 Sharne

27.00 Hesi

27.00 Punter Pete

0 BLACKBOOKERS (2nd) 108.00

2 DAYLIGHT (3rd) 162.00

Only opponents Dino & TC missed the Sharrock swifty in the first but BBs for John and Ian hand Daylight the early advantage.

27.00 Midnight C 

27.00 Ray

0.00 Dino

0.00 The Crucible

27.00 Richie

54.00 Ian

27.00 PJ 

27.00 Pam

27.00 Maurice 

54.00 John