The Race Place

5 To Win Results Thread

PWJ

1 hour ago, Say No More said:

Read all of my previous post - it's pretty clear I know what is required to try to catch Gordy.

When I submitted my picks this morning I was happy to target a much lower tally.  Gordy hadn't laid down the new marker at that point and after last week just getting 5 home seemed like a good target.

Exactly! That was my challenge today to see if I could actually get 5 to place. 

Obviously Gordy's excellent effort will mean an adjustment in tactics but had he not secured his 5 then my miserly 64.00 would have been looking pretty good.

3 hours ago, Maximus said:

you are on to it, Foxy One.. somehow I doubt that SNM and associate(s) will see the merit of your observation!

MM

If people want to go a bit wider then good luck to them. But as it stands both Rocky and I could take the lead next week with 5 sub $2.00 shots.

• Like 1

Read all of my previous post, but in particular this bit ...

the virtuoso performance of Gordy today changes things in this fab Comp just a tad

Most of us struggling on $0.00 or a few cents after Round 2 will need to find some 'value' somewhere, and Rayzor makes the good point that it's easier for those heading the chase.

It'll be great fun trying to catch Gordy, though I doubt he intends to retire on his current total!

MM

Edited by Maximus

If I had gone with Jasmine Fawcett in the first race at Counties last week, which I nearly did, I would have been 5 from 5 two weeks in a row. For me it’s just gut instinct and luck, and certainly not skill, I can assure you of that. 
I will just keep doing what I have been, 3-4 favourites plus 1 at good odds just to get the money up.

Plenty of time to go for you guys with the knowledge to haul me in, so just enjoying my brief moment in the sun.

• Like 3

Here's a basic Excel template with the names of all competitors from yesterday. It's got no fancy bits to it,  but it will allow anyone who wants to, to enter the tipsters' five selections in the appropriate Rows. Doig this allows you to see which nags and races are most/least popular, and you can track anyone/everyone's 5-race Multi through the afternoon if you like.

MM5 to win template.xlsx 

3 hours ago, Say No More said:

Rather than several people entering the tipsters' five selections, it might make more sense for you to enter them and then share the populated spreadsheet just before or after Race 1.

Perhaps you could also add some "COUNTIF" formulas to count the number of times each runner is picked in each race.

Then add a Range for each race where you can populate the winning dividends as races are run, and then use VLOOKUPs (linked to those Ranges) to automatically update each tipsters scores as the races are run.

perhaps you could 'knock up' that easy template you talked about a week ago.

Just to be a tad positive and helpful. Tis the season, after all.

MM

You must have misread my request for a template.

It's not to do with PJ's scoring or updates -we all know they're spot on - it's to help people who may not be computer-savvy but might enjoy being able to see at a glance what the other tipsters have selected and how they're doing. As an example, I found it helpful to enter all tips to a simple Excel spreadsheet and select a 9-race place multi based on the popular picks... got the first 7 and missed the last two. A bit of fun for $5 that came close to a $250 payola for Max.

I have posted an Excel spreadsheet for this purpose. You've decided to 'pull it apart' cos it hasn't got this field or that field programmed to automatically add results. That's not its purpose. As noted, PJ does that fabulously already.

Competitors can use the spreadsheet or not, as they see fit, just to see who has picked what and how they're getting on. 

MM

9 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

There is being  helpful and then there is being annoying. Get my drift.

I have to say I rather enjoy the so called banter if you can call it that

Amazingly one keeps getting knocked to the canvas, still he always manages to get back up, I’m thinking he possibly is waiting for that lethal right hook he’s been  waiting to unload, maybe it’s coming when the two meet in a Grand Final, mind you one of them is rather foreign to grand finals😭😭

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Stevie Nicks Off said:

I have to say I rather enjoy the so called banter if you can call it that

Amazingly one keeps getting knocked to the canvas, still he always manages to get back up, I’m thinking he possibly is waiting for that lethal right hook he’s been  waiting to unload, maybe it’s coming when the two meet in a Grand Final, mind you one of them is rather foreign to grand finals😭😭

and one of them is rather foreign to a sense of humour LOL

all this stats talk has me in a spin FFS, if anything give me a list from 1 to 10 of successful participants(stats wise) in PJ,s comps over the last 3 years.

That will sort the men from the boys and give me some guidance "who to follow" LOL.

I went out Saturday morning and returned to find I was still alive in the comp (after 4 legs)...from memory I thought I had juggled up between Gino Severini and The Mitigator...BUT on seeing my selection (Beauden) , I remembered thinking, coming out of the Livermol and @ those odds , a good bet ...not to be ! ...Thats Racing ! ...We live to fight another day.

PJ does a good job scoring.

a spreadsheet will have ya looking @ 5 red hot favs... (no thanks...they get beat too much ! )

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PWJ said:

Just relax everyone. If you're not careful I will throw in a mid-week round of 5 To Win just to keep you all busy....like writing lines in detention....

PJ can we go to the dislickers please, Manawatu and I will take the Coe puppies all say and should get a result 

Thanks

Time for Tom to enjoy

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Say No More said:

I keep track of H2H win/loss records for all participants in PJ Super Comps - dating back around 3 years.  I published these a while back.   Will update tonight and post, but will warn you now - it will appear a little bit self-serving or boastful.  

now there's a surprise, LOL. Still, facts are facts and there's no denying SNM is a formidable competitor.

MM

42 minutes ago, Say No More said:

Below are the H2H Win/Loss records for all 40 entrants in the latest comp, over the past 12 Super comps dating back to Nov 17.  Apologies for small font - put your specs on!

image.thumb.png.0df636e2b7ce7edc598212456f1471dc.png

Bloody Hesi is in front of me.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Say No More said:

Below are the H2H Win/Loss records for all 40 entrants in the latest comp, over the past 12 Super comps dating back to Nov 17.  Apologies for small font - put your specs on!

image.thumb.png.0df636e2b7ce7edc598212456f1471dc.png

Looking down that list it's interesting that most of the big price bombers are at the bottom.

24 minutes ago, Porky said:

Cheers for that Say No More...Interesting.

shit I,m further up the pecking order than I expected....

will carry on picking my own then...  can only blame myself then.

What name do you go under on the list ? (know i,m ignorant)...sorry

He's John. Otherwise know as The Legend.

• Like 1

yeah mate ...go the mighty canes, but believe it or not I have short term memory loss. (long term good as gold)

and the good horsies, Sunlines, Rough Habits and Melody Belles etc are simply etched in the memory and I have been on-course for their most impressive wins !

alrighty John...I,ll run my picks by yours and make any required changes LOL.

I expect you probably post late (havnt checked) BUT still good to set up for a day on the punt.

Cheers ...We all all in this together...US V TAB