The Race Place

Craig's Music faves

craigos1

14 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

Time for a bit of Brad Pitt.!!!   One of the Coolest lads on the planet . 

Seen here resisting the advances of promiscuous teen daughter of screen big  legend Andie MacDowell . Looks a bit like her too. (Brad successfully negated her attentions without incident) 

Not many movies I like and hate in equal parts but this is one. I appreciate Tarantino's skill as a film maker and his knowledge of cinema which shows in little touches. This film looked terrific with mostly great actors but by conflating his script with real events just seemed really irritating. Either tell the Manson murder story or make something up entirely fictional with the period events as background. The in-between attempt overlayed with the usual Tarantino shit just made the whole thing jarring. Good song though. Another little moan but I found the young women in the film, the least believable actors. It was like they never watched a film featuring the sort of girls they were meant to portray. Yes, I am nit-picking....shut up PJ

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

Time for a bit of Brad Pitt.!!!   One of the Coolest lads on the planet . 

Seen here resisting the advances of promiscuous teen daughter of screen big  legend Andie MacDowell . Looks a bit like her too. (Brad successfully negated her attentions without incident) 

I identify more with Charlie lol

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PWJ said:

Not many movies I like and hate in equal parts but this is one. I appreciate Tarantino's skill as a film maker and his knowledge of cinema which shows in little touches. This film looked terrific with mostly great actors but by conflating his script with real events just seemed really irritating. Either tell the Manson murder story

Tarantino wipes the floor with a lot of 'bad guys' in his 11 movies including Nazis in Inglorious Basterds, Slave trader/owners in Django and half the Yakuza in Kill Bill(s)

But No -Way could he kill off the Gorgeous Margot Robbie playing the role of Sharon Tate in OnceUponATimeInHollywood' . so change the ending to let the super cool Brad and Leonardo deal with the Manson monsters !! excellent stuff. 

Here's some Deep Purple setting the tone for the film too , from that era !! excellent stuff .......

• Like 1

Max couldnt make his-self go watch that movie on the silver screen, mostly cos of the knowledge that Sharon Tate and friends didn't have the ability to rewrite their fate. Have studied the Manson murders for many moons (read Bugliosi's Helter Skelter for the whole grotesquely terrifying details), along with the big daddy of them all, the JFK coup.

MM

Saw Oppenheimer at the movies this week (Muswelbrook's tiny theatre doesn't usually show much quality so it's almost an annual event for me). Brilliant film. Should sweep the Oscars. Helps if you know the story behind the man somewhat - which I did luckily. Murphy, Downey and Damon are outstanding. So also Tom Conti as Einstein and Branagh in cameos. If you love a good true story this is it.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Hesi said:

Thanks

The Last Vermeer is also an excellent movie, true story

So is Woman in Gold, about a jewish refugee in California who tries to regain ownership of artwork she believes belongs to her family and which was stolen by the Nazis.  The storyline focusses on the artwork of Klimt one of my favourite artists.  You'd like it PJ.. stars Helen Mirren 🥰

• Like 2

Quick message of appreciation from Max re recent comments here about various movies worth seeing..
Max will be checking them out - didnt want to see Oppenheimer but will do so now -and the others if I can find 'em...such an erudite bunch here on TRP

MM

and one more from Maxi as he drifts into a state of maudlin melancholia ..

a sublime rendition 'live' ...perfect interpretation, intonation, timing, pitch, flawless vocals ..matched by her exquisite visual expression of those changing emotions in the lyrics. Unsurpassed.

• Like 3