The Race Place

Craig's Music faves

craigos1

Steve Winwood has to be one of the most unique and talented musicians in blues/soul/rock.  So good to listen to.

I've never followed Taylor Swift, but she has become a modern day phenomenon based on her popularity and tours.  I can't comment on why, because I have never listened to her songs, any thoughts

• Like 3

Just now, Hesi said:

Steve Winwood has to be one of the most unique and talented musicians in blues/soul/rock.  So good to listen to.

I've never followed Taylor Swift, but she has become a modern day phenomenon based on her popularity and tours.  I can't comment on why, because I have never listened to her songs, any thoughts

I'm an old fart - Taylor Swift has zero interest for me.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hesi said:

I can't comment on why, because I have never listened to her songs, any thoughts

The songs are like school kids songs , the one Max posted from sydney is just awful. It's like stuff kids sing in the shower. 

She captured the kids market.....(like Katie Perry did with Roar and Firework and that sort of bland stuff.)

12 minutes ago, pete said:

Craigs play list here (mostly from us old farts 😄) leaves anything from Swifty and Perry , (and the spicey's and Spears)  in the Dust for quality and musical brilliance.  

• Like 1

until a few days ago, Max had never bothered to investigate Taylor Swift for the nasty reasons listed above (ie 'crap etc)...but when you watch her perform live and take the time to listen to her best songs Max understands why she has become a global entertainment phenomenon. She can do it all, peeps, and does it without the vulgarity /crassness of many 'pop' stars.

Max admires her talent and her style (but I'd still prefer to be with Sandie on a desert island).

MM

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Maximus said:

She can do it all,

No she cant Max, otherwise I would be listening to her f----g music. Whether she writes or co writes her songs they are bloody awful. Its the fast food of the music industry, soul less Hamburger music, and it sucks in this generation who have absolutely no appreciation of real music or even where it came from.  Bye Bye American Pie, the music died Maxi, I just wish they would bury her and her ilk with it. 

Feel better now. 🤪

• Like 2

On 3/4/2024 at 7:15 PM, pete said:

I love her, probably will go down in history as a key turning point in modern music.  
Outstanding self promoter & universally popular.

On 3/4/2024 at 10:12 PM, Globederby19 said:

No she cant Max, otherwise I would be listening to her f----g music. Whether she writes or co writes her songs they are bloody awful. Its the fast food of the music industry, soul less Hamburger music, and it sucks in this generation who have absolutely no appreciation of real music or even where it came from.  Bye Bye American Pie, the music died Maxi, I just wish they would bury her and her ilk with it. 

Feel better now. 🤪

God will forgive you for appalling statements in here Globe,  those people are funding your pension, be a bit more greatful.