Scr: 3,8,13

Subs: #4 then #9

3 UNDER THE RADAR (1st)

$1013.20

2 points

2 LA BODEGA (2nd)

$973.40

0 points

Heavenly Emperor tried very hard and nearly pulled it off for La Bodega in the last missing out by just a half-head. Wrinkles and PJ were on the Jordan Childs winner for UTR while for La Bodega Rees bagged a beaut BB quinella, Rex a BB and Richie the quinella which saw him nearly catch PJ only the falling price saving the scorer's bacon. UTR's Tom was Man of the Match while Richie with 4 winners from the 5 Oz races was La Bodega MVP. No bonus points were scored. Well played Richie and bad luck, mate.

156.00 Wrinkles

108.00 Ashoka

145.00 Pete

220.60 Paul

379.20 Tom

126.40 Rees

311.00 PJ

308.40 Richie

22.00 Sharne

210.00 Rex

1 DYNAMITE* (3rd)

$794.80

0 (x 2 Joker play) = 0 points

4 FARTOOFAST (6th)

$913.00

3 points

Fartoofast had it in the bag before the last where everyone bar Geoff and Dynamite duo Ziggy and Ian tipped the winning fave with BBs for Steve P and Robert, a quinella for Junior and a BB quinella for Rocky. Stevie N was MVP for Dynamite while he was unlucky to draw Man of the Match Robert who tipped half the split meeting card. Dynamite's Joker play proved fruitless while Fartoofast took a bonus point for a 4-1 margin and still dream of the Finals !

243.00 Stevie N

343.00 Robert

44.00 Ian

80.00 Geoff

126.40 Rocky

237.00 Steve P

214.20 Junior Mac

221.00 Jack

167.00 Ziggy

32.00 Howie

4 ANIMAL KINGDOM (4th)

$952.00

3 points

1 FIVE-O (5th)

$1172.80

1 point

Write Your Name won but the price plunged so dramatically that Five-O fell short in their bid to reel in AK who actually added to their margin and took a bonus point when Graeme's BB got him up to defeat Hesi. All Five-Os bar Hesi labeled the winning fave in the last with Virgil and John adding BBs. Rob edged Graeme for Animal Kingdom MVP honours while John was a hugely impressive Man of the Match with a $636 tally, enough to give his team a higher aggregate and a precious bonus point !

237.00 Graeme

182.00 Hesi

65.00 Heather

54.00 Craig

226.00 Maximus

636.80 John

177.00 Moose

76.00 Punter Pete

247.00 Rob

224.00 Virgil

2 THE WILD BUNCH (8th)

$1085.40

1 point

3 THE RUSTLERS (7th)

$1022.00

2 points

With the win for Write Your Name getting TC up to nail Gee, The Wild Bunch needed both Duakis and Gordy to win their matches but the price drop stymied Gordy who fell $11 short of Gary's total so The Rustlers held on to win although The Wild Bunch took a bonus point for a slightly superior aggregate. Dualis (with a beaut BB quinella) and Gordy scored the final $$ for the Wildies while Ray (with a BB), Brian and TC signed off for the victors. Ray took MVP honours for The Rustlers while a return to form for Jen saw her finish an undisputed Match Star.

124.00 Gee

134.00 The Crucible

459.00 Jen

199.00 Maurice

180.40 Dualis

156.00 Brian

188.00 Gordy

199.00 Gary

134.00 Roland

334.00 Ray

* Joker Play

TABLE after ROUND 13

1st 32 UNDER THE RADAR $14,032.00

2nd 28 ANIMAL KINGDOM* $14,151.40

3rd 27 LA BODEGA* $15,485.80

4th 27 DYNAMITE* $13,768.20

--------- finals qual mark--------------

5th 26 FIVE-O* $13,826.80

6th 18 FARTOOFAST $13,771.40

7th 14 THE RUSTLERS $10,287.00

8th 8 THE WILD BUNCH $9,994.60

* Joker played

Under The Radar extended their margin at the top of the table to 4 points today following their narrow win and are now nailed on for Finals competition. Animal Kingdom, who triumphed over Five-O with a bonus point were the day's big movers climbing over two sides who lost today - La Bodega and Dynamite to claim 2nd spot.  Five-O may have lost but their bonus point leaves them just one point away from a Finals berth and a must win match against la Bodega to follow on Saturday. Fartoofast face the Wild Bunch Saturday and with a Joker giving them the potential for a 10 point return must be all smiles after a comfortable win over Dynamite today leaves them 9 points away from a Finals berth with La Bodega and Dynamite facing tough ties. The Rustlers won today but did not earn enough points to stay in contention for a place in the Finals so will be playing for pride on Saturday as will The Wild Bunch who put up a good fight today.

• Thanks 3

Fantabulous tight match, thanks Five-O, and commiserations. To be frank, I'd thought Write Your Name had got you over the line with a perfectly timed run to nab us - so I'd like to thank the big punter(s) who plunged its odds down to $3.20. Top tipping throughout the Round by the evil SNM, who carried on from Sat as if nothing had happened!
On a happier note, happy to see a couple of other results today helping the Cause of the Kingdom. Thanks, Howie and the FarToos, you're on a roll!

Sleep well, Animules, we snuck in through the side door and will gratefully accept all three of those lovely points today.
Huge day coming up Sat - the ABSOLUTE BEST DAY'S RACING OF THE YEAR. Should be a ripper!

Thanks PJ for another sensational effort with scores and updates. Much appreciated.

MM

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 3

Thanks for match Virgil i finally bested you once  i thought you would of nabbed me in the last ..!! Close match!

BUT on a brighter note Le Kapitaine Max .its me birthday on SAT 2nd and looking for a good day of selecting !!

My niece has shouted me a free movie Friday night off to see 'RIDE LIKE A GIRL' .Michelle Payne movie.!!

and bring back fond memories of my small collect off Prince of Penzance back in 2015..when trained by DK Weir but look how times have changed!!

More european raiders you can throw a stick at in nominations!!??

• Like 1

Well done Howie and the rest of your champion team, the good news you guys are still alive with one round to go, so good luck with that

Dyna once mighty🤔 we know what we have to do more than likely just win no pressure 

Study hard lads and we’ll see you all Saturday 

• Thanks 1

I enjoyed the Mexican stand-off Maxi. 

Me, too SNM. Well, I couldn't let you have too long to try and cover off my wuffies and BBs (which I needed to have any show of pegging back that big lead you got over me In A Twinkling (!) 

In the end, both teams have a decent chance of making the cut ...but in view of their recent form, I wouldnt put it past the FarToos to rain on a few parades with a 5-0 performance and a Joker play. Mercifully, we're not up against 'em!
Saturday will be so fascinating, because there are so many scenarios playing out race by race ...a worthy finale to a 14 Round slugfest.

MM

• Like 1

All we need is a basic 3-2 win over bodega

Easier said than done, Hesi ...and remember that if they lose 3-2 or even 4-1 but have a team profit and/or higher aggregate their (1 or 2) bonus point(s) could nullify your win!  If Ashoka has another one of them days he could up-end you all by his own self. Best if you just trounce 'em like your team name suggests

11 hours ago, Maximus said:

All we need is a basic 3-2 win over bodega

Easier said than done, Hesi ...and remember that if they lose 3-2 or even 4-1 but have a team profit and/or higher aggregate their (1 or 2) bonus point(s) could nullify your win!  If Ashoka has another one of them days he could up-end you all by his own self. Best if you just trounce 'em like your team name suggests

Yes and the fact we have a bigger dollar total and a large buffer should we land in equal 4th on the day. I don't think there has been such a bun fight for the top 4 positions that I can remember. A most memorable day coming up methinks.

12 hours ago, Hesi said:

How did UTR get so many points, and still with a joker to play.  Is that right?

Brilliant captaincy?

Nah just got some really ace teammates who've done brilliantly. Sharne's next opponent should be very afraid. She rarely has two bad rounds in a row.

STATS (apologies for the delay)

Best Scores
636.80 John
459.00 Jen

379.20 Tom
343.00 Robert
334.00 Ray

Worst Scores 

65.00 Heather

54.00 Craig

44.00 Ian

32.00 Howie

22.00 Sharne

Most Wins

5 Jen

5 Richie

5 PJ

5 John

5 Robert

Most Quinellas

2 Richie

Biggest Winning Margin
636.80 John

226.00 Maximus

Narrowest Winning Margin
311.00 PJ

308.40 Richie

Highest Losing Score
308.40 Richie

Lowest Winning Score
65.00 Heather

POSITIONS AND POINTS UPDATE - AFTER ROUND 7 AND ROUND 13

1st 22 DYNAMITE now 4th 27pts

2nd 19 UNDER THE RADAR now 1st 32

3rd 19 ANIMAL KINGDOM now 2nd 28

4th 13 FIVE-0 now 5th  26

5th 9 LA BODEGA now 3rd 27

6th 8 THE RUSTLERS now 7th 18

7th 6 FARTOOFAST now 6th  14 

8th 4 THE WILD BUNCH now 8th 8

• FarTooFast fartoolate?? Not necessarily
  • Dynamite imploding instead of exploding? Not necessarily
  • Five-O letting the bad guys get away? Mebbe 
  • LaBodega under the affluence of incohol? Yep
  • UnderThe Radar the worst named team ever? Definitely
  • Animals still at large in the Kingdom? Yessir
  • Rustlers caught red-handed? Yep
  • The Wild Bunch on the wrong movie set? Yep, but can spoil FarToos party on Saturday

e&oe

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 1

Yes the affluence of incohol  has made the difference to La Bodega. A massive 18 point haul in 6 rounds has shown us as the team on the up , coupled with a huge dollar total that has everyone in our wake gasping for air and clutching at straws. Watch out this weekend Five 0, Ashoka is due a big one after a couple of indifferent weeks by his lofty standards. 

Richie is starting to hit his straps with some nice totals along with Paul who,s on a roll and Mr consistent, Rex. 

You could be in trouble Five 0.😜

not sure about my run  now hope you are right pete feel as i have let the team down just cant get them over the line

went to the track this morning to see our el roca filly just came back from sam beatsons (breakers) what a big correct chestnut filly now get her to rub noses with our neighbor travelling light 

i went to see ride it like a girl loved it a good down to earth movie 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Globederby19 said:

Yes the affluence of incohol  has made the difference to La Bodega. A massive 18 point haul in 6 rounds has shown us as the team on the up , coupled with a huge dollar total that has everyone in our wake gasping for air and clutching at straws. Watch out this weekend Five 0, Ashoka is due a big one after a couple of indifferent weeks by his lofty standards. 

Richie is starting to hit his straps with some nice totals along with Paul who,s on a roll and Mr consistent, Rex. 

You could be in trouble Five 0.😜

Say No More ...who has also hit form at a good time!

1 hour ago, sharne said:

not sure about my run  now hope you are right pete feel as i have let the team down just cant get them over the line

went to the track this morning to see our el roca filly just came back from sam beatsons (breakers) what a big correct chestnut filly now get her to rub noses with our neighbor travelling light 

i went to see ride it like a girl loved it a good down to earth movie 

Give the guilt away Sharne, you're a star ...who is the mother of your El Roca filly?