The Race Place

National Championships Spring Super Comp Expressions of Interest (new players very welcome)

PWJ

It's National Champs time again ! A chance for competitors to wear their regional identity proudly (or otherwise) and show us who really are the champs. Current title holders are the magnificent Kauri Kats who scored a decisive 3 point victory over the Hurricanes and Steelers 6 months ago. Just 7 points covered the beaten brigade after the Final Round so sure to be close again.

This version is the T20 of Super Comps - a 7 week quickfire league competition - no Finals Series, full intense involvement for everyone for 7 straight Saturdays. Standard Super Comp Format - 10 races, two tips per race, 2 best bets plus One Joker play across the 7 round.

There is one new addition to the comp. Each team will possess one opportunity to play The Black Adder. This card when played will-

1) If you win (the H-T-H), halve the points haul for that match for the opposing team.

2) If you lose, halve your own points haul for that match. If you fail to score points you will have a point deducted from your overall points tally. 

You can play The Black Adder once only but you must play it at some point.

This all kicks off on September 25th, Golden Rose Day and will run until November 6th - NZ 2000 Guineas, Mackinnon Stakes Day. 

What I need over the next week is expressions of interest. The will be a 7 day window for players from the Summer Comp to confirm their participation for the same team again. They should also advise if they wish to leave that side and go into the player pool or apply to play for another side. So when you enter please state your preference, either:

A Stay with your current team

B Leave your current team and go into the player pool or apply for a different team

C New players or past players who didn't participate in the Summer Champs can apply for a spot in a team or just be happy to go into the player pool and be assigned to a team.

Please state clearly what your preference is. If you are new, returning or not staying with your current team then you may list up to 3 preferences for who you wish to join. Looking for 40 participants across 8 teams.

Here are the teams from the Summer Comp:

BLUES: Pete, Gordy, Howie, Roland, Geoff
STEELERS: Von Smallhausen, Rees, Richie, Craig, Baby

KAURI KATS: Graeme, Pam, Sharne, Max, Jen

CHIEFS: Ian, Jack, Punter Pete, Stevie N, Gee

HURRICANES: Porky, Virgil, Hesi, John, The Crucible

TURBOS: Blind Squirrel, Ziggy, Gary, Ray, Steve P

FERDIES: Maria, Maurice, PJ, Zac, Heather

CRUSADERS: Rob, Tom, Robert, Rex, Wrinkles

• Like 1

• PWJ pinned this topic

FINAL TABLE - SUMMER NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP 2021

1st 19 point KAURI KATS $9143.60

2nd 16 points HURRICANES $8814.40

3rd 16 points STEELERS $8171.00

4th 12 points CRUSADERS $7076.40

5th 11 points BLUES $7196.40

6th 11 points FERDIES $6480.00 

7th 10 points CHIEFS $7696.20

8th 9 points TURBOS $7526.00

• Like 1

Hmmm ...let me see ... as captain (by default) of the magnificent all-conquering Kauri Kats ... and as n all-round good guy surrounded by 3 gorgeous and very clever ladies (not to mention one wily old Fox).. should I stay or should I go? Don't bother with a 'poll', thanks PJ...Max is stayin'!

MM

Take note please
We are a small site, but have always run these comps in a manner that complements the great spirit that they have almost always been run in, by not allowing them and the people in them to be personally denigrated.  Something that has caused problems and their cessation elsewhere, in the past.  
We need the support, to make them still viable here
Ideally 40 participants, so 8 teams of 5

These comps of PJ's, have been the Gold Standard of  racing comps, without question, for over 15 years now.  I'm sure anyone who has participated in them will agree.
PJ commits approx 10 hours per week to running them, because he loves doing it
Remember also, he has an important role in the breeding/thoroughbred industry in Australasia.

• Like 1

Peter I have quite a few Harness guys willing to make up a couple of teams. Happy Sunrise , Rusty, Craig, Me , Dancing Show, Rex, Mardy ,Robert.  Just need two more and we can have two Regional Harness teams v the Gallops. I think Hesi was going to message you about it as I have canvassed them. I gave Maria the option of joining the Harness guys as she did win the Harness comp and she seemed happy with that. Trying to make it interesting and of course promoting your comp and all the hard work you put in. 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Globederby19 said:

Seriously though. The Southern brigade is easy. Mardy-Rusty-Happy-Rex-Craig. Someone think of a name.

The Northern brigade would be Robert ,Me, Maria, and two others. 

I'm sure PJ will be fine with it, as long as the team name has a regional reference

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Seriously though. The Southern brigade is easy. Mardy-Rusty-Happy-Rex-Craig. Someone think of a name.

How about making it very easy and transparent Rees.

Southern Harness, and Northern Harness teams.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Hi Rees,

I see Ritchie has indicated he wants to be in the competition, and think he is a harness enthusiast. Perhaps he might like to join our group?

Robert.