The Race Place

Spring NPC Super Comp Results Thread

PWJ

Chiefs Swamp Foxes in a dramatic finish to the Spring comp, but they nearly Blue it

Congratulations to my team of Champions

Jack

Punter Pete

Stevie N

Zabeel (King)

Commiserations to Maria and the Swamp Foxes and the Blues who flew home, 

Thankfully there is an edit if I’ve got this wrong

Big thanks to the master PJ absolute champion

Chiefs 7-1 Spring Champions

• Like 7

Brilliant work today, Ferdies…outplayed we Kats most of the time on a day when plenty of short-priced ones rolled home; and when they didn’t you got it right and we didn’t -Zaydani snouted Our Intrigue and Age of Chivalry pipped Crosshaven. That was the diff. Such fine lines between winning and losing is what makes PJ’s Comps so good. So well done PJ, Heather, Zac, Tom and Maurice.
Special congrats to Heather – as Meatloaf said in maths class, 9 out of 10 ain’t bad! It’s AWESOME.

MM 

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Saturday Nov 6

Race 10 - Flemington R8

1st - 4 Zaaki W-$2.20     

2nd - 2 Cascadian Q-$26.00   

Scr: nil

2 SWAMP FOXES* (3rd)

$765.00

0 (x 2 Joker play) = 0 points

3 CHIEFS# (1st)

$1271.40

2 points

All bar Gee on the JMac champ with BBs added by Stevie, Ian, Jack, Rees, VS and Robert. No change in the last to any matches although Ian got within $2 of Maria so the Swamp Foxes Joker play was unsuccessful while The Chiefs took away two points for the win. Nobonus points were scored. Gee was Man of the Match with a big tally while Von Smallhausen was Swampies MVP.

167.00 Robert

107.00 Stevie N

133.00 Maria

131.00 Ian

218.00 Von Smallhausen

363.40 Punter Pete

121.00 Richie

193.60 Jack

126.00 Rees

476.40 Gee

3 HIGHLANDERS (5th)

$1098.40

2 points

2 MAGPIES# (2nd)

$656.40

0 points (minus 1 point for unsuccessful Black Adder play) = minus 1 point

Only Highlanders pair Happy and Rusty missed the winning hot fave in the last while Rex, Hesi, Rob and Roger doubled up with BBs while Mardy bagged a beaut BB quinella to snatch Man of the Match honours from team mate Rusty. Roger was the MVP for the Bay Boys. Hesi's BB saw him catch Craig to cut the Otago lads's winning margin to the minimum but they suffered a one point deduction for an unsuccessful Black Adder play.

319.00 Rusty

47.00 Wrinkles

204.00 Happy

189.80 Roger

131.00 Rex

133.00 Porky

323.00 Mardy

155.60 Rob

121.40 Craig

131.00 Hesi

1 TURBOS# (8th)

$854.00

0 points (minus one point for an unsuccessful Black Adder play) = minus 1 point

4 BLUES* (4th)

$1102.80

3 points (x 2 Joker play) = 6 points

Geoff and Pete bagged BBs in the Mackinnon for the Blues for whom Gordy also scored while Ziggy and Steve also landed BBs for the Turbos for whom Gary got his 7th winner. Steve's BB took him past Roland to cut the Blues back from an anticipated 5-zip success denying them two vital points. Big match player Geoff was Man of the Match while Gary was MVP for the Turbos whose Black Adder play proved a no-go causing a one point deduction.

137.00 Blind Squirrel

219.00 Pete

87.00 Ray

139.00 Gordy

173.00 Ziggy

199.80 Howie

205.00 Steve P

165.20 Roland

233.00 Gary

379.80 Geoff

4 FERDIES* (6th)

$1090.60

3 (x 2 Joker play) = 6 points

1 KAURI KATS* (7th)

$325.60

0 (x 2 Joker play) - 0 points

Pam and Sharne bagged BBs for The Kauri Kats in the last while all the Ferdies labelled the winning hot fave with BBs added by Maurice and Match Star Heather who tipped 9 of 10 winners - huge effort ! Sharne was once again MVP for The Kats and no bonus points were scored. Each sides played their Jokers to varying effect, the Ferdies picking up 6 points with the bonus point for a 4-1 margin.

314.00 PJ

38.00 Max

164.60 Zac

50.00 Graeme

96.00 Tom

144.00 Sharne

131.00 Maurice

93.60 Pam

385.00 Heather

0.00 Jen

* Joker play

# Black Adder play

FINAL TABLE 

1st 16.5 CHIEFS $8803.00

2nd 15.5 BLUES $8062.20

3rd 14 FERDIES $6717.80

4th 13 MAGPIES $7250.60

5th 11.5 SWAMP FOXES $7449.20

6th 11 HIGHLANDERS $6828.00

7th 7 KAURI KATS $5524.60

8th 4 TURBOS $6133.20

The Chief's bare minimum win was enough today to get them across the line and be crowned Spring NPC Super Comp Champions. Congrats to Jack, Gee, Stevie, Punter Pete and Captain Ian - a great effort in a very competitive competition. The Blues could have won it had Steve not clawed back Roland in the last but they came home with an excellent run - aided by their Joker - taking the runner-up spot after starting the day in 4th. Another good finish was staged by another Joker-playing side The Ferdies who gathered in 3 places in the home straight to capture 3rd just one personal win and a team profit away from winning the whole thing. The Magpies slipped from 2nd to 4th in defeat while The Swamp Foxes ended up 5th also losing two places. The Highlanders won but slipped down a place having played their "cards" earlier in the comp while the Kauri Kats and Turbos remained where they started the day after failing to win.

A special thanks to all players. It has been a terrific comp and probably the closest I have ever presided over. Thanks a million everyone !

Next week there will be a comp of a different sort. Tune in early in the week to find out.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Well The mighty Turbo's have crashed and burned in this comp but we will return to wreak havoc at a later date.

Congrats to Howie and The Blues today - a little strong in the run home but we tried to keep it as close as possible.

Ray, Zig, Gazz and Stevie P - you are top blokes and a heap of fun to have in the team. Next time fellas, next time (Just like a warriors season)

And finally to PJ - thanks for another mammoth effort over the past 7 weeks - have a well deserved beer tonight fella!!

until next time - Squirrel out!

• Like 6

STATS

Best Scores
476.40 Gee
385.00 Heather
379.80 Geoff
363.40 Punter Pete
323.00 Mardy

Worst Scores 

87.00 Ray

50.00 Graeme

47.00 Wrinkles

38.00 Max

0.00 Jen

Most Wins

9 Heather

7 Jack

7 Roger

7 Geoff

7 Roger

7 Gary

7 PJ

Most Quinellas
3 Rusty

2 Mardy

2 Gee

2 Craig

2 Punter Pete

Biggest Winning Margin
385.00 Heather
0.00 Jen

Narrowest Winning Margin
133.00 Porky

131.00 Rex

133.00 Maria

131.00 Ian

Highest Losing Score
233.00 Gary

Lowest Winning Score
131.00 Maurice & Hesi

Firstly thanks for the match Magpies , a real close battle.

Congratulations Alan on being unbeaten ............... Well done.

To my team thanks very much Happy,Mardy,Rex & Rusty , it was fun playing along you guys.

Well done on the Chiefs winning the Comp ............congratulations.

Finally .............Many thanks PJ this I think has been one of the best , I've played in ............. Results could go anyways right up to the last race.

Cheers,

Craig.

• Like 10

Another marvellous PJ Comp with such a thrilling finish. 
PJ Comps are always the best .... been going 15+ years .....and still light years ahead of the rest.
Top win in this Spring Comp by Ian and his Chiefs ....Stevie, Jack, Punter Pete and the royal one Gee. Great work by you all. 
Hearty congratulations from us fast-finishing Blues. Special mention for the king, taking out back-to-back titles, which is no mean feat. Well done, king. 
This was probably the most even PJ Comp I've ever been in ...... there are lots of very astute tipsters taking part, and most importantly partipants are all very good folk. Always a pleasure for me being part of such a community, the PJ Comp community.
Am looking forward to seeing what PJ has in store for us next.
Thanks Gordy, Pete, Roland Geoff .....my long-time loyal and highly accomplished Blues team-mates ....... it's always a pleasure when us Blues reconvene in between draft comps. We did good again, fellow Blues-sters. 
2nd in such a star-studded lineup is no mean feat.
Many, many thanks PJ for all the hours of excitement and pleasure you've given us each Saturday in this Spring Comp, and all your Comps before that. No-one runs a racing comp as well as you. Much appreciated.
Until next time my friends ....... Blues ...... out.

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, PWJ said:

A special thanks to all players. It has been a terrific comp and probably the closest I have ever presided over. Thanks a million everyone !

I have seen the open appreciation of a lot posters during this competition for the effort you put in, but as a first timer, I would like to acknowledge the lengths you go to in bringing people a lot of enjoyment every Saturday. Even to the chariot folk!

I have been seated firmly in the harness discussions all these years and only hearing bits and pieces about these 'competitions' though I sometimes blindly looked at all these weird team names with lots of numbers everywhere and people ribbing each other like they had known each other forever, I now finally get it.

It is just good clean fun with a tonne of camaradiere thrown in. Like a bygone era.

Thank you.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, PWJ said:

THE (FINAL) MAGNIFICENT SEVEN

2213.60 Gee (Chiefs)

2113.60 Pete (Blues)

2104.60 Wrinkles (Magpies)

1960.80 PJ (Ferdies)

1884.80 Von Smallhausen (Swamp Foxes)

1884.40 Geoff (Blues)

1870.40 Stevie N (Chiefs)

Well done you seven Magnificent Ones ......... great to see two Blues in there ....... top stuff Pete & Geoff. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, PWJ said:

2213.60 Gee (Chiefs)

2113.60 Pete (Blues)

1960.80 PJ (Ferdies)

1884.40 Geoff (Blues)

These 7 all showed a profit in the comp across 7 weeks - well done people !

$1848.00 was the break even

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, PWJ said:

2213.60 Gee (Chiefs)

2113.60 Pete (Blues)

1960.80 PJ (Ferdies)

1884.40 Geoff (Blues)

Yayy  vS !!   Well done my son! 🙂    💃💃cartwheel💃💃

.. and good going all 😉 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great effort today Ferdies and a fine 3rd after being somewhere down the bottom at some stage of the comp. Poor Tom fell under the spell of the Witchy Kat Sharne - she has entranced plenty before you mate ! A wonderful bunch of teamies

The biggest thrill for me today came in Sydney however where Shalatin ran 2nd in the $1m Inglis Gift for Joe Pride. At just his 2nd start (he earned $5,000 at his first) he has secured a guaranteed start in the Golden Slipper. I bought his dam Arcadia Delight, for one of my best mates, from Bob Peters 4 years ago for $200k. Then along came her half-sister Arcadian Queen to win a slew of Group Ones more than doubling her value and now her Shalaa has run a terrific 2nd in a million dollar race at just his 2nd start and has a berth in the Golden Slipper. Oh what a feeling !!

• Like 17

Congratulations to the winners and a big thanks to my team mates.  I'm off to Christchurch for the week ahead - was supposed to be full of racing  but now its a tourist visit only.

I'm in if registrations open for a new comp but I dont plan on using much technology while I'm away, its about chilling out and relaxing before I start my next job on 15 Nov.

cheers all - get on Prioress Friday (if the track is no worse than Dead) she will win black type this season...no doubt about that

• Like 7